Registered Name Ideas

Trisven13

I put this in the December litters threads but in case others didn't see it I need some ideas for my current litter of Fauves. I had an idea for a theme before they were born BUT as they were born on the night of a Full Moon Lunar Eclipse (last one until 2014 I think) I thought it would be appropriate to use something about that in their registered names (there are 4 pups, 1 male, 3 female).

Prefix is Trisven.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions - having never named a litter I really have no idea but have seen SOOOOO many cool suggestions on here I thought I'd ask for some help.

Moondance

Blue Moon

Moon Flower

Blood Moon

New Moon

Celtic Moon

Moonlight Whisper

Darkside of the Moon

Wolf Moon

Bad Moon Rising

Total Eclipse

First Eclipse

Lunar Eclipse

Solar Eclipse

Edited by Bjelkier

Hi Trisven 13

Hmmm Just wondering if Trisven lends itself to a theme.

It makes it easier to tie your litter names into a prefix.

I reclaimed my Celtic heritage for my dogs prefix/litter names and I am having a lot of fun with it.

See here for yourself. Arawn Maremma Sheepdogs

The other idea is to link it to some characteristic of your dogs.

Mine are a Guardian Breed so Bladewyn was our second litter.

BTW I always spend many hours on naming our pups.

Good Luck

Px

As Trisven is a combination of my name and my husband's it doesn't really lend itself to a litter :laugh: .

I had considered the Australian/Danish connection as Marie is from the first litter of Fauves born in Australia and Hagen (the sire) is imported from Denmark but all I could come up with was Prince Frederick and Princess Mary :rofl:

As Trisven is a combination of my name and my husband's it doesn't really lend itself to a litter :laugh: .

I had considered the Australian/Danish connection as Marie is from the first litter of Fauves born in Australia and Hagen (the sire) is imported from Denmark but all I could come up with was Prince Frederick and Princess Mary :rofl:

Are you kidding!

What a goldmine - Denmark.

We had a family of Danes where I grew up who were all so charismatic. I loved them all and still do.

It's not too late to adopt a theme.

Take the Aus/Dane connection.

First one is Hamlet. Lots of characters in there.

Then you've got Vikings, Norse mythology, Scandinavian identity etc.

Px

While you have your thinking caps on for names (hope you don't mind me joining in Trisven, seems silly to have another post with same question!) I'm after suggestions to follow my Bee theme for Ambers litter her previous were Bee Witching, Bee Loved, Bee Dazzled etc so more of the same idea would be great!

Thank you all for your suggestions - they have been VERY helpful!!

We have decided to go with:

Trisven Bad Moon Rising

Trisven Dark Side Ov The Moon

Trisven To The Moon And Back (which is actually a little thing we say to the kids - love you to the moon & back)

Trisven Fly Me To The Moon

Can't wait to decide who is who, get them microchipped and send the paperwork off. From my reading they have to be microchipped before I send off the paperwork in NSW - is this correct? If I microchip at 6 weeks and send off straight away how quickly do their papers come back OR do people in NSW normally send off the paperwork afterwards if the pups leave at 8 weeks? I know that when we purchased Archie his paperwork came later but both of my Fauves came with their paperwork, but they were older.

As of 1 Jan 2012 - pups must be mirco chipped and the micro number must be placed on the registration form.

How long it takes to come back depends on a few things - do you have an express service that you can use, usually you pay extra for it.

I dare say there will be a small back log due to the Christmas break.

I send mine in once I have made my pic so I know who goes on what register and pay for the express service.

As of 1 Jan 2012 - pups must be mirco chipped and the micro number must be placed on the registration form.

How long it takes to come back depends on a few things - do you have an express service that you can use, usually you pay extra for it.

I dare say there will be a small back log due to the Christmas break.

I send mine in once I have made my pic so I know who goes on what register and pay for the express service.

Thanks Sway - that is what I was wondering about as, after talking to Katherine, she has recommended I wait until at least 8 weeks to make my pick as her changed so much between 5-9 weeks. For NSW breeders (as I think the microchip requirement has been around longer, though could be wrong) do you find that your puppy buyers understand the delay on paperwork if you wait until you've made your pick?

Mine are fine, they are told that I pick my puppy at 8-10 weeks, it is at that time the paper work goes in and it may not be back in time when the puppies goes to it's new home, however it will be in their hands no later then 7 days after the puppy has left me.

They are also not told which puppy is theirs until I make my pick either - they may know they will get one, just not which one.

Mine are fine, they are told that I pick my puppy at 8-10 weeks, it is at that time the paper work goes in and it may not be back in time when the puppies goes to it's new home, however it will be in their hands no later then 7 days after the puppy has left me.

They are also not told which puppy is theirs until I make my pick either - they may know they will get one, just not which one.

Yep have done that part as we're still undecided on keeping one or two at this point. Need to wait until they're older and sit down with Katherine to look at them. We're really praying on the boy turning out but of course he will end up the pet :laugh:

I should also add, if they don't trust you to deliver the papers, then I feel the relationship is doomed.

It needs to work on mutual respect, understanding and trust.

They need to understand why the delay in papers and they need to trust you will deliver them, just as you need to trust they will look after your puppy and keep you informed of certain maters.