52 Week Photo Challenge 2012

~*Shell*~

Time for another comment catchup!

Evolving: Cute lappy puppy (w18??)Such an inquisitive face. Your girls look like their enjoying the water at Kepala(?) were they conspiring against someone?? :D Alera looks fab on the move.

Huga: Your w20 is cute! Your son is adorable. I love your cheeky grin in w21. Your w22 is a crack-up! Again, another brilliant shot for w23, so clever!

Gapvic: I like your w21 - lovely setting and beautiful light. Mostly tho, I want to steal your boots - they're awesome :D. Your week 22 and 23 photos are haunting. I want to give you a big hug. Hope things are ok (really hoping they're just for dramatic effect...)

anniek: Firstly, I'm so sorry to have read about Cowboy. May he run free over the bridge. I love Dora in your w20 - she looks sooo happy to be out hooning around. Maggie looks so comfy in your scarf, she has amazing eyes. Happy birthday to Gemma and Preston - that is one awesome cake.

kja: Lovely shot for w20, that sky is lovely. I love the colours in your aloe photo (w21) - so very pretty. Your w22 photo is great too - I really like the light you've captured.

Redangel: :eek: snake!! Lovely photo of the Haighs window, very inviting! I like the style of your last few photos, really nice. Love Luci the opportunist on your bed, hope you let her snooze!

CrazyCresties: I love your w19, he really looks like he's sussing out whether to surf or not! The colour and detail in your w20 photo is great. Wow! That's a big load of little clothes :laugh: I really like your Happy Couple - they look like they're bickering a little... nicely caught!

MnDM: Beautiful tigers :love: Great photo :) I also love little Na'Vi, her colouring is so pretty. Czar has such luminous eyes and beautiful colouring. Max does look a bit like a ratbag, bit of 'tude there :laugh:

Fattima: I love your park shot, great angle! Don't worry, I've also done a plane window photo (pretty early on too!!) It is an amazing view. I adore your French couple and their dog - very photojournalistic. Again, I like the angle of your photo of the Savigny Chateau, the iron work is great. Your poppy field photo is also fab! Goodness, I'd hate to be responsible for cleaning all that glass! I really like the style of your photography, very doco/journalistic. You seem to get really interesting angles and views.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been taking the pictures but not posting .. it's a bit like missing an exercise class - miss one & it's easy to miss the next, easier again to miss the next and so on... So I'm getting back on the treadmill and hope you'll forgive my lapse.

weeks 17-21 ...

7277612274_794a6a1963.jpg

Week 17 - Shadows of the New by 52pleasingpics, on Flickr

Shadow of a satellite dish falling on a Victorian terrace - I love my old house but gotta have my mod cons.

7277703520_5f4fcf5ee4.jpg

Week 18 - Full Moon at the Horse Yard by 52pleasingpics, on Flickr

An exercise in just how unrecognisable a picture can be once Lightroom has had at it.

7277704836_b0e29f1415.jpg

Week 19 - Power Wrangler by 52pleasingpics, on Flickr

The two thin wires that connects us to the grid - and sometimes doesn't.

7277706298_61b54328c2.jpg

Week 20 - Afternoon by 52pleasingpics, on Flickr

7277617396_23f08a5b99.jpg

Week 21 - The Fly by 52pleasingpics, on Flickr

This was taken on an iphone ... which impresses and depresses me at the same time.

Thanks Redangel, Huga and KumaAkita. Does anyone think the French couple's dog is actually a wolf or is it a breed that just looks wolfish?

Huga - love it! Didn't know you had a twin :laugh:

AnnieK - aawww, Maggie looks like a little old babushka in that scarf. Happy birthday to Preston and Gemma!

Gapvic - your selfie really packs an emotional punch, hope you are OK

MnDM - both beautiful portraits, I love how the background colours compliment each of your gorgeous cats

Redangel - naaww Luci looks so sweet and peaceful, no wonder you grabbed the camera instead of shooing her off

KA - Jude is too cute, great ferocious kitty capture and I love the back lighting in the second shot.

Dwynwen - w17 great composition, well spotted. w18 wow, pity about the grain because it looks like it was a nice night. w19 is that wire hanging straight down! How dangerous is that? w20 beautiful, I do love backlit shots. w21 terrific capture. I don't think you should be depressed that you took such a good shot with your phone, I'm sure I've read on this very forum that it's not the equipment that matters!

7367388744_a9cb017a39_z.jpg

23/52 Winter Woolies by Bookend Wrangler, on Flickr

Fattima - I thought it was quite wolfish too, but have no idea about breed.

An exercise in just how unrecognisable a picture can be once Lightroom has had at it.

I'm assuming it was taken at night and you have hit auto exposure in LR?

still getting behind

Week 23 of Greyhounds

this is Finn who we walked with on the weekend - he has funny earsies

week23s.jpg

Week 24 of Greyhounds

beautiful Dora (again) - she is having a rest on Phoebe's back

week24s.jpg

fattima - google Tamaskan :)

Thanks for that CC. They're beautiful looking dogs and I'm quite relieved it's not a wolf, I can't imagine a wild animal truly enjoying a stroll around the local market!

Gapvic, this photo is just beautiful! OMG, I love the doggy, but I'm just in love with the whole photo!! You are getting really good at these selfies.

Wondering where this is taken... we're not far from you and sometimes I'd love to just go photograph the dogs in one of the surrounding paddocks!

Thanks heaps MnDM! I took that pic late this afternoon in the paddock next to our place. It's currently for sale and we're hoping to be able to buy it :). We're in Redesdale - where are you? You're always welcome down to let the dogs have a run.

Do you reckon the bush in the right of the pic is distracting? I used my wide angle lens for just the second time to take this.

Pretty light once again, Gapvic :)

7392530648_dfe5d9291c_z.jpg

Twentyfive

'I thought it through and my worst brings out the best in you

(I got a bad feeling about this).'

- Taking Back Sunday

Edited by huga

Huga - 24 Lola is sooo cute. 25 Love the cozi & concept!

Anniek - :laugh: I think Finn's saluting you. Dora looks like she's giving Phoebe a little love with that beautiful heart shaped head. Hope you guys are all doing OK.

Gapvic - both pics are great, beautiful light and gorgeous countryside Hope this week has been a much better one for you.

Evolving - I love Jukki's intense focus. Clever Echo!

7406854204_a413378729_z.jpg

24/52 by Bookend Wrangler, on Flickr