Central Gippsland Shows

Missymoo

Yes, we waited over an hour for our certificates, the group 5s were all done except the Australian Shepherds, which we were told were "lost". It didn't dull my weekend, though, I had such a good time, especially with my little neutered girl who showed like a born again Grand Champion!

I was waiting for another hour after you guys left, got told they would be 5 minutes......longest 5 minutes of my life! I was expecting to be home at 12 seeing as we finished showing at 11 but didn't arrive until just before 3.

I know that you usually have to wait for a little bit for the ticket writers to finish the last few breeds but really? 2 hours? I am not that patient at the best of times :laugh:

We were told at 12 noon that group 5 would be "a couple of minutes". At that stage we assumed they were being done, and almost finished. Then after a very long wait (yep, the longest couple of minutes ever), they were ready but ours weren't there. Then another long wait (during which we were told the ticket writer had told a group of people to "piss off") the main challenge certs appeared, but no neuters. So we were told they'd be posted. We said we'd rather have them now thanks, having waited patiently for almost an hour.

Poor form that group 3 took a further hour. Honestly, I'd expect that by the time the group special are done, gazebos then down and cars packed that the challenge certificates for all breeds be ready.

Hopefully that will change next year because it did spoil an otherwise very good little show.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Any group 1 results please !!!

BIG: Pap from Aust Bred

RUBIG: Min Pin Aust Ch Yiyanda Torenv Turk from Open

Final run: Crestie, Griffon, Iggy, Lowchen, Min Pin, Pap, Pug and Yorkie

Baby: Clovelly Iggy (also Baby In Show)

Minor: Crestie (Mine, Chinacrest GlitznGlamour)

Puppy: Hoeksema Maltese

Junior: Grifon

Didn't see Intermediate

Aust Bred and Open as per group winners

Edited by Tambaqui

So we were told they'd be posted.

Well that's crap, I asked if they could be posted so I could leave and they said it was too expensive so had no choice but too wait till they were done.

Not sure if someone has mentioned but group 5 neuter was a Welsh Corgi. Didn't see any other groups sorry :(

Group 6 -

BIG - Dobermann - CH Scharmeland Devil In Disguise

RUBIG - Rotty - Gr CH Ubersein Price Ov Tides

Baby - Boxer - Sjecoin Spies And Lies

Minor - Portie - Uptrend One of The Greatest (went non to Minor in Show)

Puppy - Sammy - Snowispa Northern Belle

Junior - Newfy - Deep Loves French Eiffel at Paddlepaws (Imp Frn)

Inter - BIG

Aust Bred - Pyrenean - Gr CH Barreges Theoden

Open - RUBIG

BIS - Border Collie

RUBIS - Jack Russell

Baby in Show - Italian Greyhound

Minor - Portie

Puppy -

Junior - Bearded Collie

Inter - RUBIS

Aust Bred - BIS

Open

These are from memory so may have some mistakes. Feel Free to correct

So we were told they'd be posted.

Well that's crap, I asked if they could be posted so I could leave and they said it was too expensive so had no choice but too wait till they were done.

Not sure if someone has mentioned but group 5 neuter was a Welsh Corgi. Didn't see any other groups sorry :(

I think because we kept getting told they'd be just a few minutes then when the grp 5 ones were done, the Aussies weren't there, then when they finally got the main challenge certs, the neuters still weren't there. The poor lady in the office, I think she was pretty embarrassed about it all.

Group 6 -

BIG - Dobermann - CH Scharmeland Devil In Disguise

RUBIG - Rotty - Gr CH Ubersein Price Ov Tides

Baby - Boxer - Sjecoin Spies And Lies

Minor - Portie - Uptrend One of The Greatest (went non to Minor in Show)

Puppy - Sammy - Snowispa Northern Belle

Junior - Newfy - Deep Loves French Eiffel at Paddlepaws (Imp Frn)

Inter - BIG

Aust Bred - Pyrenean - Gr CH Barreges Theoden

Open - RUBIG

BIS - Border Collie

RUBIS - Jack Russell

Baby in Show - Italian Greyhound

Minor - Portie

Puppy -

Junior - Bearded Collie

Inter - RUBIS

Aust Bred - BIS

Open

These are from memory so may have some mistakes. Feel Free to correct

That would have to be Cheeky Angels Jack. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gee the rain felt refreshing on Sunday after the heat on Saturday.

What di you think of the chips & gravy for lunch? I thought they were yummmyyy, a friend was going to go back for a second

helping but decided not to.

I thought their catering prices were excellent. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: better than KCC Park.

Open in show on Sunday was the Rotty as it was infront of me & Ziggy for the Open in show line up.

The day did sem to drag a little bit since grp 7 finished so early. I had a snooze in the car while waiting for gen specs

after I packed everything.

BB

Someone else might be able to confirm this, but I believe the boxer bitches were all withdrawn due to there being questionable ethics about the dog challenge award. My friend was showing a doberman and they were caught napping and had to rush when the group was considerably shortened.

Sounds Fascinating! ?

Gee the rain felt refreshing on Sunday after the heat on Saturday.

What di you think of the chips & gravy for lunch? I thought they were yummmyyy, a friend was going to go back for a second

helping but decided not to.

I thought their catering prices were excellent. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: better than KCC Park.

Open in show on Sunday was the Rotty as it was infront of me & Ziggy for the Open in show line up.

The day did sem to drag a little bit since grp 7 finished so early. I had a snooze in the car while waiting for gen specs

after I packed everything.

BB

I didn't buy any food there as I'd packed a heap to take. Which was just as well because I had my sons 10yo step daughter with me both days, and I'd forgotten how much kids of that age can eat. She was like a little Pacman, munching her way through the quite considerable amount of food I'd packed. Just as well I'd brought food though, she would have sent me broke if I'd had to pay for it.

Flaves is was: 430. A & K Cogdell's CH AWATEA EBONYS EYES

She was looking quite nice when I saw her a while back in Junior or may have been puppy, was at the Albury shows, very nice owners. Glad to see she is doing well :)

We had a great time at these shows.

The highlight for me was watching Dyzney being taking into Junior handlers by a gorgeous 8 year old boy, Justin. She was older than him. :eek:

I was delighted that his family asked me if they could take Dyz in as this is a huge compliment of her wonderful trustworthy nature.

Dyzney trotted around with Justin (looking so dapper in his stunning grey suit and slicked hair) as if she was owned by him and free stacked for him beautifully (once he remembered to take the bait out of his pocket) :D He did such a brilliant job and it was the first time he had handled anything but Pugs.

Needless to say Justin won his class with Dyz and asked me if he could handle her again at another show.

The whole thing was a teary moment for me. Dyzney did me very proud.

I did hear a few shocking "OOWWs! and AAHHs!!" whilst we stood around ready to go in. But as a Rotti owner you almost learn to ignore these and try not to take it personally. I would never have allowed Justin to handle her had I thought she would be anything but absolutely perfectly behaved which she was.

Thank you to Justin, Tracey and Elaine. :thanks:

Edited by dyzney

Dyzney I could not quote you, using the phone, that brought atear to the eye.

How fantastic I can imagine the ringside angst.

At our White Nationals I let Chewies 4 year old daughter handle Zarah. This is dog who almost pulls OH over because he allows it grrr.

I was right on tap but Zarah did not miss a beat even got pushed sideways to go in the right direction.

A good dog just knows when they are with kids.

Sorry I forgot to catch up on the weekend.

Someone else might be able to confirm this, but I believe the boxer bitches were all withdrawn due to there being questionable ethics about the dog challenge award. My friend was showing a doberman and they were caught napping and had to rush when the group was considerably shortened.

Sounds Fascinating! ?

Not the case at all - both the judge and the cc dog exhibitor are judges/exh so they would know the rules !. One exh chucked a tanty because he didn't win and others jumped on the bandwagon - his accusation was that the judge had handled the exh dogs less than 12 months ago. App it was over 18 months ago when the exh had knee surgery.

Why is it that people crack it to this point when they don't win - its just a dog show. If I were that judge I would put in a complaint against that exh for damage to reputation.

It would be interesting to hear from one of the boxer exhibitors as to the reason they withdrew, otherwise it's just hearsay and supposition. What I was relating was hearsay, and no claim to be factual.

Knowing the rules and abiding by them arent the same thing.