Dog Attack - Lyndhurst Vic

Pawprints

I wish I lived in the area.

I love a good mystery and have solved some with very basic detective skills.

Like who broke into my car while it was parked at the pool!

Who threw bolts through my windows at Narrabri!

Who posted a video of me on YouTube with my consent, etc!

It wouldn't take much to find the culprits going on the information given.

:coffee:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the victim may have been able to avoid it is my point. Nothing in this case suggests that there was not room for the victim to avoid the dog's leash range, for all we know, she may have brushed past the dog when there was 20 feet of nature strip to use if required? The bottom line is, do as she did and get bitten or do as I have suggested and avoid it, take your pick I guess?

At least you acknowledge the person who was bitten is the victim, though like the others, I'm not sure why you blame the victim for being bitten. It makes me wonder if you also blame victims of crimes for being victims.

it makes me wonder if mace owns a dog who bites and blames it on other people who accidently stay within it's trigger zone.

I was sitting here wondering if mace owns the dog in question, or knows the owner!

PP sorry to hear about your friend. Hope the owners are found and charged

I think the owners made a big mistake walking away, I mean even if your afraid you will get reported, I'm sorry but if your dog bit me and it caused me to be left laying on the ground bleeding, and you stayed to be responsible for the situation and comfort me... Id be more likely to recommend your dog see a behaviorist or start wearing a muzzle in future, try to be helpful cos you took responsibility for your actions, But If you did what these people did... know their dog was dangerous, caused injury AND then did a runner... I'm sorry Id treat you like someone who hit me with their car and drove off... Id pursue you to the ends of the law, in every possible way and make you regret not taking responsibility for your dogs actions and your own. Your poor friend PP! Hope she is okay!

I'm so sorry. An awful experience for your friend. Lying on the ground, bitten and shocked, the last thing she'd expect would be for the dog's owners to walk on. Especially after they asked had she been bitten. Most people would expect that some assistance and apology would follow. In that situation, there'd be no chance that she could have taken a photo of them.

Here's hoping that someone else in the area recognises these people & their dogs.

Thank goodness it was reported.

Edited by mita

:D This might sound strange BUT Facebook has been credited with all sorts of Captures recently. I am sure there are enough of us living in Melbourne to share this and help put these people in the SHAME position of being recognised and caught through Internet detection. :)

I hope your friend is OK, the poster who was critical of the innocent pedestrian reminds me of my brother, it's not you is it bro? He once said it wasn't his bull terriers fault that it savaged a little dog, the little dog jumped in his mouth!

Good idea Kadbury.

Pawprints, hope your friend will be okay and the the owners of the attacking dog are caught.

Mace, the dog could possibly have been on a retractable lead, do you expect people to walk on the otherside of the road, really

Edited by TrinaJ

Dog's can be unpredictable and when passing dogs that I don't know or know of their behavioual history, I personally take a wide enough berth out of leash range so they can't get to me and bite which to me is just common sense? Why pass so close that a leashed dog can make contact. IMHO the lady who got bitten could have avoided that herself :confused:

yes good advice but still doesnt excuse the incident

poor lady

what a terrible shock

and not have any assistance would be so hurtful and upsetting

it wouldve been bad enough had she just fallen over in a street and gone unnoticed by passers-by but to have to endure the humiliation of not being cared for by the perps....well

it's just sad

And the victim may have been able to avoid it is my point. Nothing in this case suggests that there was not room for the victim to avoid the dog's leash range, for all we know, she may have brushed past the dog when there was 20 feet of nature strip to use if required? The bottom line is, do as she did and get bitten or do as I have suggested and avoid it, take your pick I guess?

At least you acknowledge the person who was bitten is the victim, though like the others, I'm not sure why you blame the victim for being bitten. It makes me wonder if you also blame victims of crimes for being victims.

it makes me wonder if mace owns a dog who bites and blames it on other people who accidently stay within it's trigger zone.

No, I don't own dogs who bite people and I manange mine responsibly, this scenario wouldn't happen walking past my dogs I can guarantee that, but as we have found out in this thread alone, you can't trust every dog owner to have the same level of responsible management and with that fact, I choose to take my own action to avoid this situation happening to me is my point. The victim could have done the same in this case is what I am pointing out?

If you want to nurse a dog bite and tell yourself what morons the dog owners were and how right you were to walk past in close proximity, great what ever floats your boat, but if you want to avoid a bite when encounting morons as in this case, get out of the dog's leash range and you will avoid the bite is my whole point here?

No, I don't own dogs who bite people and I manange mine responsibly, this scenario wouldn't happen walking past my dogs I can guarantee that, but as we have found out in this thread alone, you can't trust every dog owner to have the same level of responsible management and with that fact, I choose to take my own action to avoid this situation happening to me is my point. The victim could have done the same in this case is what I am pointing out?

If you want to nurse a dog bite and tell yourself what morons the dog owners were and how right you were to walk past in close proximity, great what ever floats your boat, but if you want to avoid a bite when encounting morons as in this case, get out of the dog's leash range and you will avoid the bite is my whole point here?

Mace, do you blame victims of rape for walking alone at night or wearing short skirts?

Mace, do you blame victims of rape for walking alone at night or wearing short skirts?

Wouldn't be surprised, it follows the same twisted logic.

The victim may have walked out of the way to the extent of the leash. They have stated they walked on to the nature strip. The dog may however have lunged at the person, dragging the owner and so decreasing the distance.

The fact that the victim did move any distance around the people suggests that they attempted not to get chomped.

Or do you think the victim should have crossed the road?

The victim may have walked out of the way to the extent of the leash. They have stated they walked on to the nature strip. The dog may however have lunged at the person, dragging the owner and so decreasing the distance.

The fact that the victim did move any distance around the people suggests that they attempted not to get chomped.

They stated that the footpath was blocked with the offenders and their dogs and walked onto the nature strip for that reason, not to be clear of the dog's leash range, which at the time probably didn't enter the victim's head to do so? The leash range of a strange dog to me is their personal space which I prefer to keep out of to prevent what happened in this case. So if you want to be a thrillseeker by entering a strange dog's personal space, the bottom line is, be aware that getting bitten may be the result........the choice is yours :D

They stated that the footpath was blocked with the offenders and their dogs and walked onto the nature strip for that reason, not to be clear of the dog's leash range, which at the time probably didn't enter the victim's head to do so? The leash range of a strange dog to me is their personal space which I prefer to keep out of to prevent what happened in this case. So if you want to be a thrillseeker by entering a strange dog's personal space, the bottom line is, be aware that getting bitten may be the result........the choice is yours :D

As you were not there you do not know if the victim was originally outside of the dog's leash space. You have no way of knowing how far away the victim was when the lunging occurred.

The leash range of a strange dog to me is their personal space which I prefer to keep out of to prevent what happened in this case. So if you want to be a thrillseeker by entering a strange dog's personal space, the bottom line is, be aware that getting bitten may be the result........the choice is yours :D

There is no choice at all.

People have a right to go about their daily business unaccosted.

Which, btw, includes not being attacked by dogs.

Further more, people are protected by law in that right and privelege.

Mace I think you need to step back from this line of argument.

It may be time to seek informed opinion rather than hanging on to a very tenuous point of view.

You are not doing yourself any favours here.

Px

Dog's can be unpredictable and when passing dogs that I don't know or know of their behavioual history, I personally take a wide enough berth out of leash range so they can't get to me and bite which to me is just common sense? Why pass so close that a leashed dog can make contact. IMHO the lady who got bitten could have avoided that herself :confused:

Are you for real! I'm sorry that my friend didn't have the capacity in a split instance to calcualte the angle and extension of a dogs lead, taking into consideration the length of the owners arm and elasticity of the lead. :banghead:

I was wondering the same thing 'if she was for real' with her comments.

I hope your friend is doing okay :)

The leash range of a strange dog to me is their personal space which I prefer to keep out of to prevent what happened in this case. So if you want to be a thrillseeker by entering a strange dog's personal space, the bottom line is, be aware that getting bitten may be the result........the choice is yours :D

It may be time to seek informed opinion rather than hanging on to a very tenuous point of view.

Px

:thumbsup:

Its not often I find myself agreeing with you Tralee but with this you are so right

Px

:thumbsup:

Its not often I find myself agreeing with you Tralee but with this you are so right

I really don't know what to say!

Thanks. I guess. ;)