Memorial Gifts?

Winterpaws

Do you have a nice photo? My friend got me 1 of these for Christmas with my 2 girls on and I LOVE it. The detail is amazing.

http://www.keepsakej...g-p/pesstkr.htm This isnt who she got it through but I cant find the details of the place she got it. Same style thing though.

ETA:

Found it: http://www.etchedinmemories.com.au/products.php?cat=14

Edited by piper

A close friend of mine lost her 2 border collies last year and I had some graphite drawings done for her:

Noah

Zues

Luckily she's in the habit of taking lots of photo's of her fur kids and putting them up on Flickr - so I was able to grab some lovely photos for the artist without my friend knowing. I also had them framed.

She loved the drawings and both the boys have a special place on the wall where they can be remembered every day :)

When we lost our little girl, I bought myself some 'special' plants.

On the recommendation of a DOLer, I found a rose called 'Best Friend' (at Bunnings but also online). I've got it in a pot on our front porch where Dusky used to sit with me while I had a cup of tea. It's got a lovely strong pink flower and it makes me smile.

The other thing I bought was a native fuschia, called 'Dusky Bells' which is also bright pink and 'smiley'. While it has nothing to do with your friends pet, perhaps you could find another plant, or ornament or something with significance?

I still haven't worked up the courage to print photos. I have a big frame ready to take an A4 print but I'm still not ready yet. :o

Edited by Rappie

When my beloved Poppy died I planted a rosemary bush in her memory. I planted it at my parents house where it flourished until the yard was landscaped and it was moved. Sadly it didn't take kindly to the move but I'm hoping that it will revive. My parents own Kyra, who was Poppy's full sister from the next litter, she is very elderly and not doing that well so I just feel it is an omen :cry:

My OH had canvas prints done of my girl and although I still burst into tears occasionally, (like now), they remind me of her.

I also planted her favourite flowers in pots- she always loved eating violets, and she loved sleeping on blue daisies, so I always have both flowering soemwhere in a pot.

A close friend of mine lost her 2 border collies last year and I had some graphite drawings done for her:

Noah

Zues

Luckily she's in the habit of taking lots of photo's of her fur kids and putting them up on Flickr - so I was able to grab some lovely photos for the artist without my friend knowing. I also had them framed.

She loved the drawings and both the boys have a special place on the wall where they can be remembered every day :)

The graphite drawings are gorgeous. What a lovely thing to do for your friend :D

When my stepson's cat 'Smokey' died, we bought him a 'smoke bush' for the garden.

If there was something the dog loved to do or something that the dog 'was' something that works with that would be good.

Even something to cheer her up a little - if the dog loved water, a day pass to a water theme park might be a way to have fun in the dogs memory.

Vistaprint has a heap of stuff you can get photos put on - from mugs to T shirts etc if you dont think that would be 'too much' for her to bear.

I think I am leaning towards the idea of a painting or drawing. She has photo's and paintings all through her house of her animals and I think would be something she would cherish.

So any more suggestions on artists???? There's a dol'er who does them isn;t there?

I think I am leaning towards the idea of a painting or drawing. She has photo's and paintings all through her house of her animals and I think would be something she would cherish.

So any more suggestions on artists???? There's a dol'er who does them isn;t there?

Cazzie does some and she has a special offer on at the moment in the Pacers fundraising forum.

My friend does them... i'm picking up a picture from her on Sunday, i'll text a piccie to you. She's very reasonably priced. She does horses too and gives discounts for return customers. I like her work so much i have another 2 that she'll be getting before the year is out from me...

Cazzie's stuff is also good, but i saw her deal (which i think was only for january so it's finished now anyway) after i'd commissioned her.

Edited by Bundyburger