What Is The Longest Time You've Not Seen Your Dog?

Lisey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaos and the cats 2 weeks and Atlas 1 week

I went away for a week for NDTF and took Atlas, on the way home i dropped him at the kennels and went to Melbourne for a week. I didnt pop in to see Kaos as i was worried it would upset her if she saw me and i left again

Doof was a week when we went to thredbo and came back to Sydney 'via' albury to meet kodi and her breeder. Since then we take them to the snow.

Kodi was 4 nights when I had michaela and I obsessed about her the whole time. Before that, only 1 night, EXTREMELLY unwillingly :laugh:

Aside from the snow I'm not someone who likes to travel-it holds no interest for me. If it was important I would have made sure kodi was comfortable with nights at grandmas from puppyhood

10 days! That was when I visited Shanghai last year and took my parents dog over too to them.

Im supposed to be going to visit again in April for 2 weeks, it will be the longest I've left Riddick and the first time I'm leaving Roscoe. They will be totally fine though. Im the one with seperation anxiety :laugh:

I went O/S for almost 4 weeks. I really missed them by the end of my holiday!

Edited to add - the dogs stayed with a friend who they adore (and were spoilt rotten, they all put on a few kg while i was gone) :laugh:

Edited by AnimalMad

I'd love to go away/travel more but separation anxiety is an issue....not for the dog but for me. I spend the whole time away stressing and missing my dogs. Dogs probably don't care but I like to think they miss me especially my heart dog.

Due to MY separation anxiety I prefer to plan holidays where my dogs can be included.

2 weeks.

We had a good time but we missed them, they were at a kennel we trust, and I know the staff there gave them extra cuddles. We couldn't wait to pick them up. I don't think they minded either way.

I REALLY missed them!

Longest I've been away from any of my pets was 1 week for a convention that's held in Melbourne city annually.

During last year, about 4 months after I got Mikey, my aunt (who lives with me) was telling me that Mikey was missing me, wanting to go in my room at night to sleep on my bed while I was gone. She even put him on the phone to me!

:D

10 or 11 weeks while we went round edge of vic sa wa and nt.... was meant to be about 13 or so weeks...

i was getting over it and then the uncle dies.. perfect excuse to come home.

they were fine, step son had them and they had a great time.

this last holiday for 10 days round vic we took them... made it a bit hard due to the heat but i liked it better OH hates taking them... all he talks about is the work... um it was his choice to get up at 5am each day, i did not make him.

I went away for 5 weeks in Nov last year and left them with my brother and his girlfriend. One dog couldn't of cared less when I left but the other one knew straight away what was going on howled & whined and tried to grab my legs with her two front paws. I felt horrible and actually cried the whole way home!!!

But by the next morning she was fine and having a ball. I was kept up to date with photos on Facebook and I could see that they were having fun.

When I got home she was so excited to see me with a huge case of the zoomies then went and sat on the couch with my brother. My other dog didn't really care that much.

Now when they see my bro and his gf they get so incredibly excited and absolutely love them and I'm sure they would be happy to stay with them again....it helps they get massively spoilt at their house :D

Edited for spelling

Edited by kiesha09

Three weeks. As much as I love the kids, I also love my holidays and taking a break from walking, wiping paws, cleaning up fur, trimming nails etc.

Does me a world of good to feel footloose and doggy free sometimes!

I do miss them heaps when we are away but I definately enjoy myself! :laugh:

With Archie, its only been hours, I could never go away from him for long. He has seizures and though he would be fine, I want to stay with him.

As for my past dogs, only overnight, I've never had a holiday when I have had dogs....cats yes, but not dogs.

Lynn

1 week while we moved. I think it is good for dogs to be away from you and develop coping skills. If you've only been away from your dog for a few hours, how will your adult dog cope if you have an emergency (eg hospital)?

I went overseas for two weeks when Diesel was younger. He stayed with my Mum and three younger sisters. I knew he would be spoilt but what i wasn't expecting was the weight gain. I think they all fed him a meal a day. He went from being a very lean border collie to a very round one. :eek:

He went on a bit of a health kick when I got back and if they look after him again there will be a very strict feeding plan in place but apart from that I would happily leave him with them again because I know they adore him and he adores them.

6 weeks

I left my adult dogs in care of my ex husband (in my house) and my, then, 11 week old puppy with a friend of mine at her place.

The adults were very happy to see me of course and the pup remembered me and was also all over me. Mind you A LOT bigger :D