Some More Pics Of The Horses

WoofnHoof

Hi everyone, still fiddling with the camera trying to work everything out so here are today's efforts :)

Louie looking lovely as always

DSCN4806.jpg

DSCN4810.jpg

This one's a bit blurry

DSCN4789.jpg

DSCN4689.jpg

Blitzen looking cute of course despite going through a warty stage at the moment :(

This pic makes him look funny as he's trotting down the hill

DSCN4711.jpg

DSCN4747.jpg

DSCN4748.jpg

DSCN4788.jpg

DSCN4753.jpg

Edited by WoofnHoof

OMG those warts! Otherwise they look great.

The focus is looking much better. Don't worry about that single one, one here and there is pretty normal, the rest look good and the moving ones are fine so it's not a moving subject issue. Just the one of B coming towards you is a little fuzzy out of the others. Did you crop that heavily or is that how you took it? That can lose some sharpness, doing that. Another thing to check is how much you are zoomed on the horse, and how steady you are, if you are zoomed right in you need to keep that shutter speed up to avoid camera shake.

My Arabian is named "Wart". He picked it up because he was one of the young horses I looked after at a stud and of course it didn't matter what we called them around the stables, because they'd get lovely new names when they were sold. Except I bought him. I *did* try to name him something else but I don't even remember what it was. 22 years later, he's still Wart. You won't have to go through *that*.

Thanks everyone they are my pretty boys :)

kja I've had this one for a little while it's a Nikon p500 not too fancy but a bit more spec than my previous point and shoot cameras so I'm trying to learn how to use it I'm not too good though :o

Thanks Sid yeah I think the straight on one was a bit cropped and a bit rushed too, I didn't get many moving pics as they were mostly eating as that paddock is having a good rest so the grass is starting to outcompete the weeds for a change lol! :laugh:

Got a few pics today not very good ones though :(

This is supposedly 'sports mode' on my camera :(

DSCN4870.jpg

DSCN4869.jpg

DSCN4858.jpg

This is just manual settings I think I had ISO on 400?

DSCN4966.jpg

DSCN4918.jpg

Lou couldn't even raise a trot lol

DSCN4861.jpg

DSCN4903.jpg

DSCN4914.jpg

I must work out how to remove the date display it's a bit inconvenient.

Gorgeous horses!! They are such handsome boys. :)

WnH, to get clearer action shots, don't zoom in when you are taking photos of them running around. You are better off taking the shot at a distance, then cropping it. Also, make sure you hold the button half down to focus it, then depress fully to take the pic. :)

Thanks Kirty I thought I was holding it halfway for a bit but maybe it's not long enough to get the focus right? Most of them are cropped one second he's close next he is at the other end of the paddock so they are either really close or really far away lol! :laugh: