Dog No Go Zones

Cavstar

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vulcan has an access all areas pass - when we are home. However at night and when we are away he's confined to the laundry, which has a a doggy door to outside. At night, coz otherwise he's on the bed with us and he's a doona hog

When we're out, coz we've come home too many times to nibbled on records, munched snowboarding boots and mangled sunglasses :laugh:

The spare room because it is the cats safety zone and where they get fed, and it leads out to the cat run. Bathroom, laundry and bedrooms generally unless supervised.

When I lived at home, our dog wasn't allowed in the carpeted half of the house. It was a long ranch style house and half was lino, half was carpet. He learned really quickly and never, ever crossed the line until one day my mum got very sick, and he belly-crawled into her room to check on her. :love:

It worked well though, because the living/TV/my bedroom (where we spent 90% of the time) were part of the lino areas, so he didn't miss out on much.

Yes we have no go zones...

Lounge chairs...I'm very strict on this, even the cats are not allowed on them. And yes they never go there (well not when I am in the room).

We have a 1m high child safety gate in the hall, this leads to the 4 bedrooms, ensuite and main bathroom. This is a no go area for Archie the dog, and I have put up a beaded curtain above this, and it stops the cats from jumping over it. Its been up for nearly a month and no attempt has been made yet.....I guess to the cats it looks like a solid wall, I hope it stays that way :(

Lynn

Hahaha Atanquin looks like Duke! He is also 'not allowed on the couch' but as soon as we leave the room guess where he is... :rofl:

The only other rooms our dogs aren't allowed in is the spare bedroom so guests don't need to contend with the animals and our bedroom as it's the cats safe place.

Ours are allowed everywhere, we shut doors to carpeted rooms that aren't in use just because they will go in there and rummage through stuff.

Other than that, they're on the couch, the bed, in the kitchen....bastards :laugh:

Edited by Aussie3

The tiled kitchen/family room is their domain. Access to anywhere else in the house is by invitation only.

This is pretty much the rule in our house. we used to have four dogs sleep in our bedroom but we stopped that about a year ago. It was the best decision we ever made especially now we have a Newf.

Three dogs can get on the lounge and the two biggest don't ( unless they sneak up ) we keep our formal lounge and dining area for visitors only

No getting on the benches ( that means you Sessy ), no getting in the garbage bin ( SESSY ), leave me the hell alone when I'm in the toilet ( yes SESSY, that applies to you )

I have a rule about no getting on the kitchen table but once again, it's one that Sessy chooses to ignore, especially when we have visitors and they fail to acknowledge her in a way she sees fit. Ignore her and she jumps on the table.