Indestructable Bone Or Nylabone

sashagirl

have a puppy arriving soon.......and its been some time for me. i remembered giving them nylabone chicken, but later preferred the ox-tail.

does anyone here use nylabone or soup bones from butcher ?

need some advice on which one is safe to give to dog and let her have it 24/7 ?

My dogs love nylabones but hard to get from some sources. I was told that the price had been raised so much that they were no longer going to stock them. I get the nylon ones from the supermarket, they love them just as much. But my puppy prefers them after the big dogs have chewed them for a while. :laugh: Raw meaty bones are great as a meal but I wouldn't get the weight bearing hard bones as they can break a tooth on them.

ETA What breed of puppy are you getting?

Edited by luvsdogs

Jager still loves his Nylabones. We have 4 i think now. And he carries them around the house with. If we are sleeping and there isnt one in the bedroom he will run upstairs to get one and bring it back to chew on our bed. Best investment ever for us.

Jager still loves his Nylabones. We have 4 i think now. And he carries them around the house with. If we are sleeping and there isnt one in the bedroom he will run upstairs to get one and bring it back to chew on our bed. Best investment ever for us.

Which ones does he like? I can't find one that my Pug likes as much as a real old stinky lamb bone.

My pugs all chew their Nylabones on a daily basis. I actually get tired of standing on the bones that they leave everywhere! I think they're worth the money. I recently picked one up in Bali for about $3 which was a bargain.

My pugs all chew their Nylabones on a daily basis. I actually get tired of standing on the bones that they leave everywhere! I think they're worth the money. I recently picked one up in Bali for about $3 which was a bargain.

Yes, we have this problem too, why is it necessary to leave one lying in the middle of the hallway?? :laugh:

My indoor dogs have had Nylabones since the 1970's. I do give a marrow bone to the GSD who lives out doors, when I gave him a Nylabone he buried it!!! :eek: It has yet to resurface along with a Kong, food puzzles and other misc. items. :confused:

My guys loved the antlers.

The problem with them though was that one developed a very sharp point which actually cut the roof of Boof's mouth, toward the soft palate, and after the initial panic that he had an unexplained ulcer that was possibly cancerous, we realised it was just the bone causing the damage.

I threw the antlers in the bin and went back to the nylabone.

My guys loved the antlers.

The problem with them though was that one developed a very sharp point which actually cut the roof of Boof's mouth, toward the soft palate, and after the initial panic that he had an unexplained ulcer that was possibly cancerous, we realised it was just the bone causing the damage.

I threw the antlers in the bin and went back to the nylabone.

Oh dear something else to keep an eye on. I do keep an eye on them as I with all of his toys. Fortunately, Olle doesn't really chew his in a way that would lend itself to the development of a point.

I use nylabones and deer antlers, but Olle much prefers the antlers.

We use nylabones and antlers and they swap from one to the other. I will never buy the cheaper white nylon bones again after having a dog chew one into 2cm pieces, swallow them and throw them all back up again. Very dangerous.

This is Jager's favourite at the moment:

http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/yuppie_puppy_marrow_chews?sc=9&category=172

But he goes through cycles. For weeks on end he wont touch anything but the above and then for no apparent reason he will chew on one specific nylabone and then wont touch that one again for a few months.

So we have:

- the above marrow nylon bone

- 2 x nylabones (1 chicken and 1 beef)

- T-Bone http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/Texas-T-Bone

Loves all of them. He didnt really get into chewing them until he was about 6-9 months but since then he cant be stopped. And even the beef nylabone which was the only one we had for ages is still going strong.