My Family

Guest _MADCAT_

Lovely pets but one's got me a bit confused. Meowington doesn't look like a bengal to me. I thought they were short haired spotted or striped cats a browny yellow colour.

like the cats here

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=bengal+cat&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=lRw&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=gPjST5LdBYuziQff8KyKAw&ved=0CGsQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=610

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest _MADCAT_

Lovely pets but one's got me a bit confused. Meowington doesn't look like a bengal to me. I thought they were short haired spotted or striped cats a browny yellow colour.

like the cats here

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=bengal+cat&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=lRw&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=gPjST5LdBYuziQff8KyKAw&ved=0CGsQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=610

Yeah I thought that too, but my partner saw both the parents and both were Bengal... There's a gene that makes them black and it's not desired in the bengal world..

but it does happen, and they look like this : melanistic.jpg

"The melanistic Bengal is an all black Bengal with just a shadow of pattern caught in certain lightning, they are similiar to the black panther. Melanistic Bengals are non accepted for championship at this time."

They're gorgeous non the less!

Guest _MADCAT_

Cloud is so cute. And looks so smug or impish in some of those photos laugh.gif

She is such a little devil, don't let her cutness fool you! haha

Oh my god, all your animals are so awesome! I had no idea that a little white kitty could grow into such a stunning adult - her markings are gorgeous. If only I wasn't allergic :cry:

She was almost pure white when we got her! She's slowly but surely getting her gorgeous adult colours!

she was the only girl with SIX brothers! she rules the house and has the 50+kg dogs under her paw haha.

Heres a pic of her with her breeder a few weeks before I got her

img5480n.jpg

and with all her brothers (obviously the ghost white one the the right is Cloud haha)

resized640x480dscf6207.jpg

Oh wow - what a gorgeous family. I would love them all!

Thank you!

We are waiting to hear back from the council for approval for a third dog and if they say yes I can put a deposit on the puppy I have my eye on.

The breeder is keeping her aside for me until the council decides what they want to do and then I can put a deposit on her :D

If all goes well, I will be adding a gorgeous Red girl to our family

doraly.jpg

Very gorgeous photos! Cloud is stunning love the markings. Your boys are lovely also!

Thank you! :D

Guest _MADCAT_

Well its official, the council agreed to the third dog, So once the puppy is old enough we shall be adding a purebred Red Bullmastiff girl to the family!!

We will be calling her "Dora" as my current Bullmastiff Frank used to walk around the house at night and we jokingly called him Dora because he wouldn't stop exploring so we thought it would be the perfect name for our new girl!

I'm waiting to get some updated pictures from the breeder of her so will post once she sends them, but boy we are excited!

But for now:

Cloud

img6502a.jpg

Frank

img6504j.jpg

Zeus

img6507a.jpg

Meowington didn't want her picture taken... haha

Guest _MADCAT_

Well its official, DORA will be joining our family just after July 20th!! :D

Meet, Dora...

jossies1.jpg

83314405.jpg

67083460.jpg

Guest _MADCAT_

Awww Dora is just super cute! Yay! I bet you're super excited!

Haha yes quite excited!! Puppy breath again. We set up the yard to be puppy friendly again and making her own little area away from the boys while we are at work... counting the days!

Guest _MADCAT_

Gorgeous fur family. Love love love the pics of the doggies in the boot of your car. Just stunning

Thank you! they'd live in the car if I let them haha.

Wow...great photos and a lovely pack... Thanks for photos. The cats are very amusing :laugh:

my god, the cats are SUCH time wasters!!! haha

This is pretty much what cloud does everytime I'm in the shower or brushing my teeth... she just rolls around in the bath?!

imag59001.jpg

My partner and I are getting into hiking with the dogs, so on saturday we went for a 3 hour bushhike... Which turned bad / funny because we got so lost it was meant to be a 1 1/2 hour walk, but we followed the wrong signs and somehow ended looping around too many times and lost the car... HAHA... thank god for GPS on phones!!

Good times, the dogs loved it!

(please note we only put them on this horrible floor for just a few seconds for the picture!)

imag5909.jpg

then all they did on the drive home was sleep (they ALWAYS cuddle up to eachother)

imag5917.jpg

imag5919.jpg

imag5923.jpg

Since we're getting a puppy on friday we got the dogs all new beds!! $250 later :( But its worth it!

imag5933.jpg

And lastly, the boys pulling their weird faces mid play

imag5906.jpg

Guest _MADCAT_

Took the boys to the park the other day, they seem to never pull a nice face for photos

haha bless 'em, such goofs! <3

My fav photo:

img6559h.jpg

img6516dy.jpg

img6558t.jpg

img6578g.jpg

img6580v.jpg

img6583n.jpg

img6588h.jpg

img6597h.jpg

img6598t.jpg

img6601x.jpg

His halti always jumbles up which is really annoying as it helps him walk.. usually with just a collar he can pull if he see's another dog walking toward me.. he's had some problems when he was a puppy being picked on by Labs when he was a puppy, some violently attacking him.. so unfortuantly when ever he see's a lab he tends to be on guard.. There was a repeat offender (I screamed bloody murder at this lady)

Her two labs kept acting like a pack and attacking Frank (bullmastiff - he was about 5-6 months at the time)

These ... "dogs" (I didn't use those words..) Frank would just be walking toward me, and this lab would BOLT from wherever it was and launch onto frank, biting, growling, pulling.. I grabbed the lab by the scruff and threw it off of frank, I wasn't so nice the second time around.. a swift tap to his bottom kept him away long enough for me to grab frank off the ground and take him to the exit pen.. the other people at the park went crazy at this lady because her dogs are KNOWN for attacking other dogs... (PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS LADY DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO GET HER DOG OFF, she didnt even call it name, grab its collar nothing.. she ignored that her dog was attacking mine!)

then another 2 labs a few weeks later did the same thing but these were rescue dogs.. but the younger one was just plain aggresive, even taking on the local 60kg rotty! but his owner (a security guard) wasnt so nice to the dog and ... well yeah. they kept coming back to the park so I stopped going..

After 6 months of refusing to goto a dog park again I tried a different one with minimal dogs - it was wonderful! I didnt go IN with them because one of them wasnt friendly to new dogs so we just stayed on the outside (hence these pics, but was really good) so when everyone left we went in... THEN... this little kid (about 6-7) RUNS up yelling and screaming "DOGGIES DOGGIES" so my partner and I grabbed the dogs and started to leave, so the squealing kid held the door open and I said please close the door we don't want the dogs to get out. Sigh. the father looked at me blankly when I said "some dogs DONT appreciate having a kid running and screaming at it and can react badly to that, please control your children"

he pretty much shrugged and walked past me like what ever...

Dog parks.

Hate them.

/end rant!