Names

biker girl

We only have one dog but we got the inspiration for her name from other dogs in

the family, my dad's dogs name is Missy and she is often called Missy Higgins

by us all, my sisters dog is Robbie who we always refer to as robbie williams

so when it came to naming our girl we had to go with the music biz also and named

her Stevie after Stevie Nicks. Planning a second dog and I am quite keen on Florence

as in Florence and the machines but we'll see lol :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paddington was named after Paddington Bear. As we picked him up from the airport and it reminded me of the story - although he was missing his "please look after this bear" tag! Also he looked just like a little teddy bear!

hell i haven't named a dog in 15years. most come as retreads and are already named.... knowing their name is a different story.

i thought it suited them anyway as i get used to it as they do. i only need to say "sophie" and she is right there.... like a rash.

unless it was really revolting i would leave a retreads name.

Daisy was named after Daisy Duke. She soon became Crazy Daisy once we got to know her :laugh:

Archer's pedigree name is Phileni Ricochet, the breeder wanted Ricky :eek: , it was narrowed down to either Archer or Arrow.

Aria was named after the lead character in the TV series Pretty Little Liars. I liked the name and love music so it fit.

Angel is our pure white DSH. He was named after Angel from Buffy the vampire slayer.

And for my next Golden I want Alice so sticking with an 'A' theme seems to be working for me.

Pippin- One half of the funny Hobbit duo Merry & Pippin LOTR

Tilly (Matilda)- I think I just liked it but I'm sure there is a Queen whose name was Matilda which probably helped the decision.

Barney- I was having a tough time thinking of a name and the breeder had been calling him Barney because she had some little Maltese named "Betty" and Wilma" When I went to meet him Barney just suited him completely. So he's Barney Rubble or Trouble. Although he gets Barney Stinson sometimes because as OH says he "Picks up all the chicks" *insert eye roll here*