Very Sad Day At The Vet Today

mr.mister

If being a good Trainer counts for naught and is supporting a rotten industry then being a responsible pet owner is the same IMO,take it across the board, let's not single out just one rotten sectar.

Seriously you cannot hold those that do the right thing responsible for the failings of others.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: if greyhounds are not bred for racing, will there be any greyhounds? Few seem to be shown and I query if a rare breed is what greyhound people want? Can't there be a middle ground?

Excellent question.

The Exhibition Greyhound is bred just for that purpose nowadays, exhibition or for inclusion in any of its sanctioned events.

All Kennel Club registered only greyhounds can not be included in the Greyhound Racing Registrar.

The Kennel Club does accept the registration of racing greyhounds onto it's registrar so some racing greyhounds do make it to the ring.

So if you find a racing grey out there with conformation suitable for the ring you could always show it.

And how many dogs in a week our put down in the pounds through out Australia.?

Here you all are discussing ONE dog that was loved enough to have the right thing done by it.

Loved enough to be Killed you mean? Is killing a dog who cannot make you a few $$$$s anymore doing the right thing?

Question: if greyhounds are not bred for racing, will there be any greyhounds? Few seem to be shown and I query if a rare breed is what greyhound people want? Can't there be a middle ground?

There would not be the same bloodlines. Some people breed them for pet and show. It would be sad to see the racing-bred lines disappear, however not all of them are worth preserving.

Middle ground perhaps is like GH racing in Finland? Different scene there. Each state here is different too. If we scrapped GH breeding in every state except Victoria, I don't think we would see a decline in quality of racing or breed. There would be fewer dogs wasted.

If being a good Trainer counts for naught and is supporting a rotten industry then being a responsible pet owner is the same IMO,take it across the board, let's not single out just one rotten sectar.

Seriously you cannot hold those that do the right thing responsible for the failings of others.

Pet owners who go down to the pet shop or a back yard breeder is NOT doing the right thing.

Here you all are discussing ONE dog that was loved enough to have the right thing done by it.

Loved enough to be Killed you mean? Is killing a dog who cannot make you a few $$$$s anymore doing the right thing?

Is killing a dog because a new baby is in the house or it digs holes or it barks or any other reason doing the right thing?

People kill dogs for many reasons none are worse than the other and often pts is the only realistic option.

There are worse things than dead for some dogs.

Guest donatella

I put my Rottie to sleep,because I didn't want her any more.

I feel utterly sorry for any pet or future pets that come under your care who 'just don't cut it' ie aren't wanted anymore.

People that see pets as disposable items make me physically ill. Your poor darling rotti girl, I'd be interested to hear exactly why she wasn't wanted anymore

Is killing a dog because a new baby is in the house or it digs holes or it barks or any other reason doing the right thing?

People kill dogs for many reasons none are worse than the other and often pts is the only realistic option.

If there is a dog that is barking all the time and digging holes, it means one thing, you have not given it time and training. This is not the dog's fault but your own.

ETA: Dogs are not commodities you dispose of once you tire of them or they dont suit your lifestyle anymore. OR in this case, dont make you $s anymore.

Edited by christineR

Guest lavendergirl

I feel utterly sorry for any pet or future pets that come under your care who 'just don't cut it' ie aren't wanted anymore.

People that see pets as disposable items make me physically ill. Your poor darling rotti girl, I'd be interested to hear exactly why she wasn't wanted anymore

Surely Tarope couldn't be serious???

If there is a dog that is barking all the time and digging holes, it means one thing, you have not given it time and training. This is not the dog's fault but your own.

Really? Great to see you have all the answers and can do a behavioural assessment over the net.

Really? Great to see you have all the answers and can do a behavioural assessment over the net.

So what your saying is the dog was born like that, with behavioural issues?

They can be

Thats correct, the owner won't pay the trainer to train a dog that is not fast enough. What do you want ??? a trainer with with more dogs than they can affored to feed, remember the trainer would now have to pay the feed bill out of his/her own pocket, just to appease your thoughts.

Umm I am familiar with Tarope's posts and I'm sure he/she was only being sarcastic!

They can be

:D sure. I have owned and fostered over 40 dogs, alot of puppies included, none of the puppies came to me with these issues, alot of dogs did.

Thats correct, the owner won't pay the trainer to train a dog that is not fast enough. What do you want ??? a trainer with with more dogs than they can affored to feed, remember the trainer would now have to pay the feed bill out of his/her own pocket, just to appease your thoughts.

:mad Here's a novel idea...scrap the bloody greyhound industry, problem on the way to solved at least in one area !