Animal Lovers That Dislike Children

LizT

There is a very detailed process to obtain approval for any research or published work and anyone that even attempted (I've never heard of it happening) to do a project without committee approval would be kicked out of their institution. I'd be very wary of mentioning patient details publicly, not writing their name isn't enough, if any identifying info is used you could be in a lot of trouble.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest donatella

You have to be able to identify the person. It is legal to describe situations and case studies so long as the person is non identifiable.

I could find your cat lady if I wanted to, you've given enough info. You still have to gain consent from an ethics committee to use data and then you remove identifying info as well.

On the subject I'm a live and let live, unless you brats or out of control dogs affect me, then it's on.

You have to be able to identify the person. It is legal to describe situations and case studies so long as the person is non identifiable.

and how do you know that no one here could identify her? Even so she does not deserve to be bought up here on a dog forum just so you can try and prove a point. Cases involving people are usually discussed with other like minded professionals. A professional would know that.

Edited by Rebanne

I could find your cat lady if I wanted to, you've given enough info. You still have to gain consent from an ethics committee to use data and then you remove identifying info as well.

On the subject I'm a live and let live, unless you brats or out of control dogs affect me, then it's on.

:thumbsup: I'm so pleased most DOLers give the out of control dogs equal billing with the out of control kids.

I wonder if those owners think their dogs "will grow out of it". ;)

Edited by LizT

Really? People must like to tell me what they think (Great! :rolleyes: ).

Do they actually say they dislike all children or simply say they dont feel maternal and cant build a bond with a baby/child? I think disliking or hating children is probably very different to someone who just doesnt connect with them. I think kids are great and have a lot in my life but I just didnt manage to give birth to them.

Guest donatella

You could find a lady in a 900 bed hospital who has been admitted 5 times in 12 months and has a cat? Okaaaay.

Yep - she said what she found so lol worthy and it wasnt the children on Drumbeat's plane. Drumbeat deserves an apology for that. She's never rude to anyone on this forum as far as I remember. It was uncalled for.

No, I'm not raz - thanks for noticing....

I suspect the moderators were also unimpressed as the post's have disappeared.

Well I know you know of her so I'd start with you and you'd be shocked at what people can find out about someone from their posts. There are some people on here that could earn mega bucks as private investigators :laugh: The point is that as a professional you just don't give out details of patients or clients. But I don't think you are going to listen so carry on.

You could find a lady in a 900 bed hospital who has been admitted 5 times in 12 months and has a cat? Okaaaay.

Yep, you obviously don't know much about hospital datatbases - you wouldn't need the info about the cat by the way.

(I'm assuming Queensland does use patient databases??)

It is certainly not my intention to harrass you or anyone Sheridan.

Perhaps my Thread should have been called......

"People that love their pets like children but have little or no time for human kids and openly dislike them? What's that about?"

But it's not about children, it's about your problem with a woman who didn't want to sit next to your child.

But what's it to you if someone humanises their dog?

I really don't get why people get so hysterical over what people they don't know do or don't do. It's no one's business but the person concerned, it doesn't hurt anyone, so why do people get so uptight about what strangers do? People really need to get over themselves.

IMO, it is a problem when the dog has no manners, jumps up on visitors, gets talked to as though it's a human and understands them, gets a huge long monologue about why it's not allowed on the couch unless "Mummy" isn't at home, is allowed to beg at the dinner table when guests are trying to eat without being licked icon_smile_mad.gif or if you're trying to have a conversation and the dog feels left out and starts barking. NOT acceptable dog behaviour - and shouldn't be allowed. This same dog was also allowed to hang around even after knocking a little 2 year old boy who was visiting! The kid was crying his poor little eyes out! And the dog's "parents" didn't even care icon_smile_mad.gif

These are my close friends but I really dislike their "parenting" techniques.

I lived with them for 3 months and while I was there I did a bit of training the dog, teaching her to sit when people come in the door (sometimes works - bit hard when there's no consistency), to drop (which is handy when she's trying to eat your food when you're sitting on the lounge....)

Oh and the kicker. It's a super energetic BC X Blue Heeler who doesn't get walked, living in suburbia. eek1.gif kept inside most of the time. (When I was living there, I let her outside in the back yard to let some steam off and they got home from work and asked why she was outside? Poor baby...)

So that's my beef with dogs who get treated like children.

Okay, but my comment was about people who have issues with strangers humanising dogs. Your issue is with your friends. Do you really care if I or anyone else on DOL that you don't know humanises their dog? You don't know us, it doesn't affect you personally, so why let it bother you?

Guest donatella

Yep, you obviously don't know much about hospital datatbases - you wouldn't need the info about the cat by the way.

(I'm assuming Queensland does use patient databases??)

:rofl: :rofl: stop my tummy hurts

I don't know if it is so much a case of animal lovers disliking children as it is that more and more are raising the animals up to be of equal standing.

If someone cannot have children and decides to get a dog and treat it with as much importance as they would have done with a child, what is so bad about that?

...um...because they are a dog, not a child.

People make a big deal out of not andromorphing (sp? humanising) animal behaviour on this forum.

I think treating a pet as a child AND also feeling a dislike towards children, could be unhealthy.

As far as humanising pets I think it is is a 'biggie' in this area. Again, just my personal opinion.

But how does the way someone else thinks of their dog affect you in any way?

It is certainly not my intention to harrass you or anyone Sheridan.

Perhaps my Thread should have been called......

"People that love their pets like children but have little or no time for human kids and openly dislike them? What's that about?"

But it's not about children, it's about your problem with a woman who didn't want to sit next to your child.

But what's it to you if someone humanises their dog?

I really don't get why people get so hysterical over what people they don't know do or don't do. It's no one's business but the person concerned, it doesn't hurt anyone, so why do people get so uptight about what strangers do? People really need to get over themselves.

IMO, it is a problem when the dog has no manners, jumps up on visitors, gets talked to as though it's a human and understands them, gets a huge long monologue about why it's not allowed on the couch unless "Mummy" isn't at home, is allowed to beg at the dinner table when guests are trying to eat without being licked icon_smile_mad.gif or if you're trying to have a conversation and the dog feels left out and starts barking. NOT acceptable dog behaviour - and shouldn't be allowed. This same dog was also allowed to hang around even after knocking a little 2 year old boy who was visiting! The kid was crying his poor little eyes out! And the dog's "parents" didn't even care icon_smile_mad.gif

These are my close friends but I really dislike their "parenting" techniques.

I lived with them for 3 months and while I was there I did a bit of training the dog, teaching her to sit when people come in the door (sometimes works - bit hard when there's no consistency), to drop (which is handy when she's trying to eat your food when you're sitting on the lounge....)

Oh and the kicker. It's a super energetic BC X Blue Heeler who doesn't get walked, living in suburbia. eek1.gif kept inside most of the time. (When I was living there, I let her outside in the back yard to let some steam off and they got home from work and asked why she was outside? Poor baby...)

So that's my beef with dogs who get treated like children.

Okay, but my comment was about people who have issues with strangers humanising dogs. Your issue is with your friends. Do you really care if I or anyone else on DOL that you don't know humanises their dog? You don't know us, it doesn't affect you personally, so why let it bother you?

Exactly. No-one I know likes rude dogs, but if someone you don't even know or spend time with decides they want to treat their dog like a child what's it got to do with you or anyone else?

This thread is nuts :laugh: