Animal Lovers That Dislike Children

LizT

Guest donatella

You know what's really sad? The old people in homes and hospital who die alone because they had no kids or grandkids or a younger generation to help them out, visit them or spend time with them as an elderly.

Not a reason to have a child but a very sad situation to see when you compare it to the big families flushed with generation of children, grand children and great grand children.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know what's really sad? The old people in homes and hospital who die alone because they had no kids or grandkids or a younger generation to help them out, visit them or spend time with them as an elderly.

Not a reason to have a child but a very sad situation to see when you compare it to the big families flushed with generation of children, grand children and great grand children.

What's even sadder is when they do have kids and family and they just can't be bothered visiting or spending any amount of time with their elders. :(

Anyone who thinks having kids guarantees them company in their old age is dreaming. If you want company in your old age, friends are what guarantees it.

Plenty of aged care workers can tell you that elderly folk get 'warehoused' and don't get family visitors. I can also tell you about children that fleece their parents and leave them destitute.

There are also plenty of estranged families, geographically seperated families and families devastated by loss.

Romance and reality are two different things. If your family is close its cause for celebration but its by no means a universal thing.

Anyone who thinks having kids guarantees them company in their old age is dreaming. If you want company in your old age, friends are what guarantees it.

Plenty of aged care workers can tell you that elderly folk get 'warehoused' and don't get family visitors. I can also tell you about children that fleece their parents and leave them destitute.

There are also plenty of estranged families, geographically seperated families and families devastated by loss.

Romance and reality are two different things. If your family is close its cause for celebration but its by no means a universal thing.

Indeed. I think the lack of "the extended family" is partly to blame for the "me,me" generation. :(

Right now I'm only 21 so no I don't really like kids. I do not hate them by any mean and I have 3 younger sisters and 1 younger brother so I am fine around kids just rather not be right now in this point of my life. I have friends that are all gooey for babies and kids but just not me :shrug: nothing to do with my upbringing. And this doesn't mean I never want kids of my own of course later in life I want a family just not right now :) I am sure as I get older maternal instincts will come.

I too would never tolerate bullying with kids if I had them and that behaviour is 100% on the parents who should've taught their kids to know better. But I don't think you can blame peoples parents and their upbringing for not liking children themselves it's just a personal preference.

Doesent worry me if people don't like kids but I think people that say they hate kids, hate is a very strong word and that to me is sad.. I do not like some adults, I don,t really like some children but I don't hate them ( that have been brought up not being taught respect by their parents) Bullying, you see this all the times parents making excuses for their child being the bully, what a load of crap its the parents fault for not raising their child with morals, respect for others, compassion, empathy. Raising children is not easy and if one of mine bullied another I would take that as partly my fault for not raising my child correctly and I would do whatevernit takes to repair this...

Just curious but Why would you want to have one of your own if you don't like them? How odd.. see I don't get that..

We are all made differently I just find people that hate others for whatever reason very sad and I am once again dissapointed in humanity.

Ha and yes strange topic for a pure dog forum lol.. topics on children and bull breeds always get a bit heated, but at least this one isn't going down the same path as other heated discussions :-)

What is the problem not liking kids? Don't go and blame their parents or the upbringing you don't know what their childhood was like! What do you say about people who don't like cats and dogs? Oh blame their pet they had as a child? You know some people just don't like kids has nothing to do with their childhood. Currently in my stage of life I do not like kids and I haven't since I was a teenager. Eventually one day I will want to have children of my own but right now nope not for me. I hate going to the shops hearing screaming kids and I too wouldn't want to sit next to a child while flying after a previous experience I had on a flight which was a night mare. My OH's sister had a baby nearly 2 yrs ago and they lived in NSW at the time and I didn't want to hold him :shrug: just not my cup of tea sorry I don't want a child spitting up on me that would make me sick. Now they live in QLD and it is awkward being around the child by myself but I am nice but I do not want to babysit once again not comfortable. A friend at work had a baby girl last year and I was very happy for her and have seen the baby but not held her or anything. Lots of people hate dogs and want nothing to do with them and don't want them in public places that is fine if they feel that way who am I to judge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it is so much a case of animal lovers disliking children as it is that more and more are raising the animals up to be of equal standing.

Yes. Even long before children came into my life my dog was, my dog. My friend, companion, confidant, but my dog. :)

The cat of course was the supreme commander and overlord. ;)

Indeed. I think the lack of "the extended family" is partly to blame for the "me,me" generation. :(

Also remember that just because I don't give birth doesn't mean I have no 'family'. I have a big extended family and we are quite close. I have no concerns for my old age.

I don't know if it is so much a case of animal lovers disliking children as it is that more and more are raising the animals up to be of equal standing.

If someone cannot have children and decides to get a dog and treat it with as much importance as they would have done with a child, what is so bad about that?

Yes. Even long before children came into my life my dog was, my dog. My friend, companion, confidant, but my dog. :)

The cat of course was the supreme commander and overlord. ;)

Well said :D

If someone cannot have children and decides to get a dog and treat it with as much importance as they would have done with a child, what is so bad about that?

It's when they treat the dog as a person. A dog is a dog and treating them as a child does no one any good. I have a friend who treats her dogs as children and they behave like spoilt bratty children :mad

It's when they treat the dog as a person. A dog is a dog and treating them as a child does no one any good. I have a friend who treats her dogs as children and they behave like spoilt bratty children :mad

Oh I agree with that, I was just meaning the importance attached to them, as in "my dog is as important to me as a child would be, because I can't have them", kind of thing. Hope that makes more sense!

And as for flying First Class to avoid screaming kids, we recently flew to Europe and back in Business and there were kids on every flight including one who screamed for most of the 12 hr trip

Edited by me because I'm a private person.

Edited by Drumbeat

Why does someone have to give a reason.

Exactly. There's diversity across the community. Each to their own notions of what they personally like, or do not like.

So long as it does not translate into unfairness or lack of consideration for children.

Why does someone have to give a reason.

Exactly. There's diversity across the community. Each to their own notions of what they personally like, or do not like.

So long as it does not translate into unfairness or lack of consideration for children.

Yes, this!

Who gives a flying toss if someone doesn't like kids? So long as they aren't being nasty to or abusing kids in any way, what on earth is the problem?

:laugh:

unfortunately that is one of the problem with these types of threads and when people thoughtlessly harass others about why they don't have kids - they don't think about these sort of reasons.