Animal Lovers That Dislike Children

LizT

1330592869[/url]' post='5744864']
1330591181[/url]' post='5744823']

There are evolutionary reasons why infants instinctively and loudly demand attention. Many years ago, I read a tragic report from Western health workers returning to Africa after a famine. (Conditions had been so difficult that the health workers had been evacuated.) A few of the most demanding infants had survived the famine, but the "good" babies had all died.

It is our responsibility, as adults, to moderate the demanding instincts of small children and help them to develop more rational behaviour. Parents and teachers are in the front line, but we can all help by modelling civilized behaviour. Behaving rudely towards children does not help.

Today's children will be the doctors, aged-care workers, shop assistants etc of our later life. (Not to mention the vets that care for our pets.) We should not regard them as nuisances.

(Now I can get off my hobby-horse.)

You make a good point. I think everyone could learn a little more tolerance.

I don't understand this comment. What for? No one is screaming and swearing at kids to get away. No one is walking around kicking kids. (from what i have read anyways) i think everyone should be more respectful of others views.

Edited by Cat

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have kids, but I love my friends kids. I like most kids but some I have to admit I just can't warm to.

I find it amusing that some ppl who are parents get offended when they meet someone who isn't into kids. Why should I have to like every kid I meet? I don't expect everyone to love my dogs. I accept that some ppl can't stand dogs. I think it's the same with kids. some ppl don't like kids.

Just because YOU think your little snowflake is the 2nd coming.. Doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Sitting next a baby on a long haul flight would be a bloody nightmare, sorry but even if it's a cute sweet kid it would STILL be a nightmare. A baby will cry and whine, and puke, and poo, especially when they are bored and not allowed to move around. Why would anyone WANT to sit next to that for hrs and hrs on end? Long haul flights suck even without a baby nearby.

I can't believe that the OP was offended someone didn't want to sit next to her baby LOL. Sure the lady could have been more polite about it, but I don't blame her for not wanting to sit next to you.

Each to their own. I love dogs and kids!

Some kids are revolting, others are lovely. It's the same with dogs, some breeds I love, some i would never own if it was the last breed on earth!

I completely understand why some women don't want to have children. I completely understand why some women go to the ends of the earth to have children.

There are plenty of women out there who have kids who NEVER should have.

It's all personal choice. Nobody should be judged or made to feel inadequate or guilty because of that choice.

I don't like children, never have. I don't have to like children so I fail to see why it bothers anyone.

Fair 'nuf. No one has to like children. So long as you are not a Primary School teacher or Child care worker I'm okay with that. But, if I may ask, is it ALL children, is there a reason or is it just "how you feel"?

How do you interact with children if required to? Do you acknowledge them or are you dismissive of them? :confused:

I mean, I don't like every adult (or child) I meet either.

Again, why on earth does it matter what someone thinks of children? Particularly on an Internet forum.

Guest donatella

I am not a fan of babies on flights of any length but do any of you who are so against babies on flights understand why cry and scream the way they do?

THEY ARE BABIES, their little ears burst under the pressure, they don't understand whats happening IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT. They shouldn't be denied travel because people are ignorant to this fact and believe you me I am no child lover at the best of times, but I do feel sorry for their little ear drums bursting and having no idea whats going on.

If you don't like travelling with screaming babies (who have just as much a right to fly long and short a flight as you) purchse a First Class ticket...

Babies ears do not routinely burst under the pressure of a descending aircraft. All they usually have to do is swallow which is why the are encouraged to drink. Babies cry due to discomfort and also because that's what babies do. Most of the time we aren't cheek by jowl with them and their parents of varying degrees of skill in caring for them

Guest donatella

if only easing a babies discomfort and getting them to swallow on cue was as easy as that. ever tried to feed a screaming child in pain who has no interest in the bottle?

if only easing a babies discomfort and getting them to swallow on cue was as easy as that. ever tried to feed a screaming child in pain who has no interest in the bottle?

I know why babies scream on aeroplanes. Doesn't mean I want to sit next to them. :laugh:

Pretty sure no one here's said that babies don't have a right to travel in a plane.

I prefer young children to adults. Adults can be so hurtful, rude, selfish, judging, the list goes on. Children are innocent, loving, they don,t judge you like adults do, they have unconditional love. I wonder people that hate children with a passion were you not shown affection as a child?

Anyway each to their own, and OP I dare anyone to make that sort of coment if I had a 6 mth old beside them, that is rude she could have said it in a much nicer way, what a stupid woman. I wouldn't like to be sitting beside a crying baby for a long flight either but I would be tactfu,l then I was raised with manners a lot of adults were not as children....

Edit to add the word young :-)

Edited by mumof4girls

I know why babies scream on aeroplanes. Doesn't mean I want to sit next to them. :laugh:

Pretty sure no one here's said that babies don't have a right to travel in a plane.

Yes and pretty sure there is no first class on Jetstar from Sydney to Coolangatta.

I don't mind some kids - very fond of my neighbours 2 kids and some of my friends' children are just wonderful but then I go out to a dinner with friends the other week in a club and some feral parents are letting about 15 kids actually run through the club continuously, in and out the loos and outside on and off the climbing equipment, all the while screaming and carrying on. Yes, it all ended in tears, not surprisingly. No adults within miles to supervise and then some kids fall off the equipment or fight with each other.

I'm sick and tired of kids running up and down the aisles of my local Woollies while their parents ignore them and shop. I've babysat kids and spent heaps of time with them in shops and other places, there's no need to let them go crazy, they are in danger of having or causing an accident/incident, why can't their parents have some consideration for other people?

These days kids seem to be able to do what they want when they want, it's not good sometimes.

I prefer children to adults. Adults can be so hurtful, rude, selfish, judging, the list goes on. Children are innocent, loving, they don,t judge you like adults do, they have unconditional love.

I'm sure some are, but when I was at school there were also quite a number that weren't

I don't like children, never have. I don't have to like children so I fail to see why it bothers anyone.

Fair 'nuf. No one has to like children. So long as you are not a Primary School teacher or Child care worker I'm okay with that. But, if I may ask, is it ALL children, is there a reason or is it just "how you feel"?

How do you interact with children if required to? Do you acknowledge them or are you dismissive of them? :confused:

I mean, I don't like every adult (or child) I meet either.

Again, why on earth does it matter what someone thinks of children? Particularly on an Internet forum.

The OP was just wondering, if people don't like the question then don't answer, sounds simple to me.

Unfortunately over the years parenting has diminished and children get away with a lot.. We need to go back in time when discipline was the norm, now parents are scared or have not been taught how .. It seems easy to me and undesirable behaviour is not tolerated lol.

Example, my daughter was quite disrespectful to my OH today she was going to a party on the weekend, she isn't now. Follow through, most parents would threaten knowing well they couldn't not let their little angel not go to her first party for the year. I say my angel will think twice next time she is disrespectful lol , OK parenting 101 over, I love kids its their parents I don,t like :-)

I prefer children to adults. Adults can be so hurtful, rude, selfish, judging, the list goes on. Children are innocent, loving, they don,t judge you like adults do, they have unconditional love.

I'm sure some are, but when I was at school there were also quite a number that weren't

Lol cat I think I am referring to young children they do become les desirable after they reach um 5 lol lol

There are evolutionary reasons why infants instinctively and loudly demand attention. Many years ago, I read a tragic report from Western health workers returning to Africa after a famine. (Conditions had been so difficult that the health workers had been evacuated.) A few of the most demanding infants had survived the famine, but the "good" babies had all died.

It is our responsibility, as adults, to moderate the demanding instincts of small children and help them to develop more rational behaviour. Parents and teachers are in the front line, but we can all help by modelling civilized behaviour. Behaving rudely towards children does not help.

Today's children will be the doctors, aged-care workers, shop assistants etc of our later life. (Not to mention the vets that care for our pets.) We should not regard them as nuisances.

(Now I can get off my hobby-horse.)

You make a good point. I think everyone could learn a little more tolerance.

She certainly did make a good point; tolerance goes a long way.

I understand if you don't want to have children, individual choice, but not to like them because they are just 'kids'. :confused:

Kids are our future :)

Yikes. I had plenty of affection as a child - doesn't mean I like kids. I don't see the correlation...

All I know is I find kids frustrating.

Just last week at the shops - trying to walk from one shop to another and got jumped in front of by two kids. One who was playing a game with a ball (throwing it in the air, running after it looking at it the whole time and catching it! IN A SHOP!!!) and bashed into me - solid kid too... The other was in la-la land, no parent to be seen & he was probably about 7-8... confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

And kids aren't innocent. They know stuff is wrong and they still do it.

I don't like kids, adults can get on my nerves too :laugh: I get along with kids quite well and have fun with them, but they have to behave or back to parents , I have no patience whatsoever for misbehavior , behave or miss out, so they behave and we have fun . As I have gotten older I have less and less tolerance and spend less time with kids

I will avoid contact with kids if I can :rofl:

Yikes. I had plenty of affection as a child - doesn't mean I like kids. I don't see the correlation...

All I know is I find kids frustrating.

Just last week at the shops - trying to walk from one shop to another and got jumped in front of by two kids. One who was playing a game with a ball (throwing it in the air, running after it looking at it the whole time and catching it! IN A SHOP!!!) and bashed into me - solid kid too... The other was in la-la land, no parent to be seen & he was probably about 7-8... confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

And kids aren't innocent. They know stuff is wrong and they still do it.

See now this peaks my interest.

If I was to say oh I saw the naughtiest Pitbull the other day it ran into me and shoved otehr dogs around. I would get jumped on as it being deed not breed, or more to the point oh it isn't the dogs fault it is the owners, you can't tar all dogs with the same brush.

Now my kids would NEVER do those things and IF they bumped into someone they would appologise. NOw being kids they do from time to time not really look where theya re goin, I do my best to make sure they do not interefere with anyone but very occassionally they do and we both apologise.

So you cannot tar all kids with the same brush. SOME kids are annoying, SOME kids are rude and disrespectful and SOME kids do the wrong thing. That is not to say ALL kids do it. My kids do not, they have boundries and disipline and I find it a tad annoying when my kids are lumped in with badly disiplined and supervised kids.

And adults aren't innocent either and they should know better when they are being a nuisance to others.

Just let kids be kids.

I sense the majority in this thread are lacking patience which is sad. :(

I did list that as a reason.

And again I ask - it doesn't impact on anyone else so what is really the problem?