Sheltie

For those who cannot post in the Breeders section and who have previously shown an interest in our litters.

Bree, my 3 year old bi-black bitch has just had her 2nd litter yesterday. We were pleased that in her first litter she had a bi-black dog and bitch, but in this litter she has exceeded all our expectations and given birth to not one or two, but FOUR bi blacks. We are absolutely stunned, and I believe the owner of the stud dog even more so. He is a tri who I thought may carry the bi-factored gene.

We have one bitch and three dogs. All doing well. Weights 10-15oz.

In the photo the bitch is on the left.

post-8234-0-07841200-1330587042_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Loraine. You have been such a staunch supporter of us. :)

We have with this litter, tried to correct a fault in our lines which is that ours tend to go oversize as far as the standard is concerned. The dog we chose, we are hoping, will correct this fault.

I had a gut feeling he was bi-factored and the "gamble" has paid off.

Am hoping that we have achieved our aim.

Bi-blacks are not the easiest to breed as the bi-factored gene is recessive.

My interest first started out with, Hesa Panda Bear, who is now 11 1/4 years old. :D

I mated Panda's sister to, at that time in NZ a Dutch import-who carried the gene, and from there we seem to have gone from strength to strength.

To have one or two bi-blacks in a litter is an achievement in itself, but four, in the one litter, all of whom have survived is for me stunning!!. :) :D

Bi-blacks are not the easiest to breed as the bi-factored gene is recessive.

My interest first started out with, Hesa Panda Bear, who is now 11 1/4 years old. :D

I mated Panda's sister to, at that time in NZ a Dutch import-who carried the gene, and from there we seem to have gone from strength to strength.

To have one or two bi-blacks in a litter is an achievement in itself, but four, in the one litter, all of whom have survived is for me stunning!!. :) :D

Congrats Shiela, best of luck with the babies . Look forward to more pics as they grow

That is fantastic sheila, congratulations. You certainly put the work in for the result. They are stunning looking dogs, and it is wonderful to see more of them coming along.

Jed, your reply is very much appreciated :)

The bis are slowly becoming more accepted here in Australia, whilst they are popular in the US/Canada and Europe.

MDM and others the dog on the left om my signature is Bree, the mother of the pups, and on the right her brother, Odin.

Odin was the first bi- black to gain a title here in QLD and the only the 4th in Australia.

With the bis, we have the bi-blacks being the black and whites, and then the bi-blues, which are blue merles without the tan. There are no bi-blues in the ring in Australia at the moment. Hopefully that will not be the case soon. :D ;)