My First Whale Shark!

kja

Of 2012 :) And actually I think this was the 2nd one :D

Photo conditions were not great despite lovely blue and clear water. So many floaties (food) and jellies that it was like having a million twinkle lights going. But it was a great day out. Swam with three whale sharks multiple times, saw dolphins and dugongs, lots of turtles, reef sharks, and two nice long reef snorkels.

Didn't even bother taking my Big Girl Camera as I knew the conditions were going to be <meh> at best for photos, so just tonked along with the Panasonic TS3. Was so tired when I got back last night I haven't really looked at the photos, though know there aren't many "keepers" as I only shot a few frames. Here's one I've grabbed to share:

MAR12_184kja.jpg

Edited by kja

the 2nd one would be easy to recognise with that bent dorsal fin. It must be a .....I hate to use it cause it's used so much, AWESOME experience to be near them in the water. I know I've said it before, but you get to do things in your everyday life that for most of us would be a once in a lifetime experience, if that, I think it's unlikely I will ever swim with a whale shark, but the very fact that you capture it on film makes me think you know how lucky you are. :thumbsup:

kirislin - looks like the bent dorsal is a relatively new id marker, which makes life so much easier! We always say we like big scars or bits missing & bent!!

molly - I hopped on my old shop's boat for the day but we also go out privately :)