Toys

Erny

My litter of pups LOVED this:

http://whitehousepetsupplies.com.au/process/shop/productView.html?itemId=47721

It squeaks, grunts, crinkles and has a big soft body they all loved to snuggle into.

For my adult dogs, I got a couple of song birds from Cleanrun last year, they were quite cheap but they love them and they have lasted. I just had a look on their page and they dont seem to have them anymore though :(

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the Aussiedog medium sized puppy pack before Tia was born. She will be 11 this year and most of the toys are still around and have survived three more Kelpie pups. I've had to trim some frayed ends from toys made of fire hose material and the tucker ball has definite grooves in the surface from dog teeth but they are still usable. Tia is totally unaware that she isn't a puppy any more and will still take them out of the toy box and take them to her bed. She tends to curl up with them these days rather than throw them at the other dogs trying to start a tugging match.

Dollar soft toys without any 'bits' on them from the op shop are the favourites around here with my youngest westie - particularly those that modern mothers are unlikely to buy for their 21st century babies :D

Andy's recent past favourite is a furry monkey with long gangley limbs - he carried that around for over two years until it finally died! A hand-made humpty dumpty from the op shop is the current fave - he likes toys with gangley bits on them that he can hang onto and sleep with his head on it. Too cute! :)

Oh and ETA that my old boy likes ripping up cardboard - so toilet rolls are popular here too! :) All of mine have turned their noses up at most bought toys so i don't bother anymore!

Edited by westiemum

Holee Rollers are good because they're squishy and bouncy and pups and dogs can get their mouths around them. When my dog was a puppy she enjoyed chewing on a few of the Pet Stages puppy toys. She liked this ONE

in particular as well as this one which is softer on puppies gums than some rope toys. They didn't last forever but were really good in the first four or five months.

Hi Erny, I just got in some new toys in, pop in one day and have a look. New ones are from "Safemade" and are oven proof so you can actually cook the treats in them! :thumbsup:

Most of the toys people have mentioned I have available.

The cardboard insert of the toilet rolls, the garbage bags and the cling wrap...

My dogs had had more fun over the years tearing and chewing these than most other toys.

The old empty coke bottle is a good one to.

:laugh: .... Be worth paying for the look on my sister's face when she opens up a wrapped parcel containing a toilet roll insert and an empty coke bottle. I'm sure it would be priceless.

Thanks everyone. I need to go through each post and check the toys you've all mentioned as your fave, and work out which one (or two) I'll buy for the expected new-comer puppy. I've been caught up most of the day so I've gotten behind with following this thread. Thank you for all your contributions to the list of ideas :).

Biscuit's favourite is flower pots and empty yoghurt tubs. But seeing as this is a gift to your sister in a way, I'm sure she wouldn't want to open a package only to discover a bunch of rubbish :laugh:

All my 3 are different, they like different things. Cherry likes chewing rope and tennis balls, but her favourite is destuffing soft toys. Then Biscuit likes this that roll around, but they have to be big, like flower pots, empty yoghurt tubs, and he loves his sentinel ball which I got for free from work. Then Rusty likes what everyone else has got :laugh: I found though, that they all reeeeally like this toy, and it has lasted ages too!

http://www.amazon.com/KONG-Teddy-Bear-Medium-Brown/dp/B0000632T8

Post #32 - Rusty&Biscuit - What are the eyes of the KONG Teddy Bear made from? I get a bit concerned when dog toys have eyes that are 'stud' types, that could be swallowed if the toy is chewed and torn.

Nice bear though - I actually thought about getting it for a friend of mine who has recently acquired two pups - a brown and white BC and a pug. The bear's colouring looks a little like the colouring of the BC.

Posts #11 - Suziwong66, #13 - Tapue, #33 - Zug Zug ... A Bob-A-Lot is on the short list. I like interactive toys that gets 'em thinking.

Edited by Erny

Both mine love the Kyjen toys, doesn't matter which ones. I think because many of them squeak, grunt and rattle (all within the same toy). They seem to prefer the shape too. Heaps here: http://www.petsprovidore.com.au/kyjen-company/?sort=&page=2

Tuffies toys are also pretty good. Have a look here http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/227129-tuffys-creatures/

One of these would make a nice gift for a new pup too, very cute. Snuggle Puppies: http://www.k9pro.com.au/categories/Dog-Toys/Snuggle-Me/

Erny, they are just sown on bits of material, so nothing to worry about there :D

Thanks R&B. In the picture on their website, I could have sworn I saw a glint in the bear's eyes.

Bwaaahhahhhaaahha

lol

We gave our new pup toilet roll holders or plastic lids. The best toy tho is a frisbee. Its hard plastic which can be chewed and the pup loves carting it around flipped up over her head. Watching her trying to pick it is hilarious to. She has learnt if she bounces on it just at the right place it will shoot across the floor. Then she barks at it and gives chase and starts the whole process over again.

Edited by Liath