Bath Madness

Dame Aussie

Guest lavendergirl

Mine does the same thing. I think it is a release of tension - as if they think "thank goodness I have survived that ordeal - lets celebrate" :laugh:

Zero prefers to sleep after his bath. He gets worn out from the torture.

Veikko has only had the one bath but she rumbled with her brothers after it. They weren't allowed to zoomie after it - they had to be pretty for photos :D

Because despite using warm water and drying off with a hair dryer they are convinced they are dripping wet and horribly cold and behave accordingly. :laugh:

Why, (OH why :mad ) must my horses roll themselves 'dry' after having been shampooed and dryed in the sun for an hour, clean cotton rugs on in the dustiest spot they can find? Same reason I imagine. :confused:

My two boofheads like to let the neighbourhood know they're clean and shiny!!

They run around ballistic, torment each other, do the mad zoomies and strut letting the wind blow through their hair!!

It's crazy, but I love it. Makes me feel like I've done something good for them. I just hate that in about an hour, Zeus manages to get grass stains on his legs again :( :laugh:

bath? Mina keeps shaking out the water like OMG how hideous, the other two have never had a bath yet lol. Although as I'm mowing Rogue insists on rolling in the freshly mown grass like a malinois earthworm after me :laugh:

bath? Mina keeps shaking out the water like OMG how hideous, the other two have never had a bath yet lol. Although as I'm mowing Rogue insists on rolling in the freshly mown grass like a malinois earthworm after me :laugh:

I know Nekhbet, my two hadn't been washed in about 3 months :laugh:

Ferrets after a bath are hilarious too! You just give them a towel and they dry themselves. :laugh:

My two dogs do this too :laugh: I put the towels down on the floor and they roll around on it and dry themselves and then do mad zoomies. Even if I'm holding the towel they rub themselves in it.

Now if only they could wipe their own muddy paws before coming in the door :rofl:

Ferrets after a bath are hilarious too! You just give them a towel and they dry themselves. :laugh:

My two dogs do this too :laugh: I put the towels down on the floor and they roll around on it and dry themselves and then do mad zoomies. Even if I'm holding the towel they rub themselves in it.

Now if only they could wipe their own muddy paws before coming in the door :rofl:

Now wouldn't that be nice :laugh: As it is, mine get stopped at the door and have to have their footsies cleaned first, they don't approve :laugh:

I had an OES who we used to wash outside in a huge tin tub as a family affair. She was so excited about being bathed that she would sit in it while it slowly filled anticipating how much fun it was all going to be. One of us would stand in the tub with her and the other would stand outside and the soaping would commence on the wriggling fur monster. All three of us would be soaking wet and soaped up. Unfortunately by the time the rinse cycle came around she had had enough and we would have to engage a third human to keep her in the tub for the final bit. Once she was soap free the zooming would commence. If we were lucky we got a towel near her as she veered in our direction. Most of the time it was the wind that dried her off. Mum would then make the mistake of giving her a treat for being such a good dog. She'd go and bury it and come back with dirty paws and snout. We'd all wonder why we bothered. It was the same every time!

Yep spent $25 getting Raspa washed on Saturday morning, come Saturday arvo was sitting on the grass giving her a really good rub and scratch, looked down at my hands and yep, brown from dirt. She obviously found some dirt somewhere.

She doesn't really do zoomies after bath as that would require too much effort but just walks and walks and walks and if she can sneak in a roll will happily do so.

My GSD only gets an Annual bath, each Summer. But lots and lots and lots of grooming. :)

My GSD only gets an Annual bath, each Summer. But lots and lots and lots of grooming. :)

Lucky you! I have to do mine every week!

Zig just sits in the shower while I shower him but he likes the drying off part..

Then it is out the back for find dirt to roll in..

Funnily enough he loves his clam shell pool and mud puddles but the shower is pure torture - you can see it in his face (he is never sure he will survive it)... I think that is why he is so happy to be dried off - he survived the shower ordeal.