What's Your 10 Second Info Grab?

This Covers the Great Danes.

Followed by

Them: Must do big shits

Me: Yep

Them: My mate has a bigger one

Me: Of course he does (rolly eye man)

And he then goes on to say the exact same thing to those of us with rottweilers! :laugh:

Every bloke on the street has a mate with a bigger rottweiler than any of ours, his mate's rottweiler weighed 70kg, don't you know!! Man I miss the rolly eyed man right now! :laugh:

Yup, I get this a lot too. Constantly meeting bogans who like to inform me that their dog is bigger than mine. The figure is ALWAYS 70kg too. :laugh: Really? You have a 70kg malamute? You must be so proud!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me "Yes she is pretty" then Jaana will usually howl "I'm a Finnish Lapphund" :laugh: most people get the herding reindeer in Finland part but some do ask why I have one in Adelaide.

Edited by sparkycat

Most people know the dobermann, but we normally get

"I thought Dobermanns only came in black",

So my info grab is that they come in four colours

Omg i didnt even know they came in 4 colours!!, im only familiar with two, what are the other two?

The other two (I'm thinking you've seen the browns?) are blue and isabella which is a fawn colour. The blues have terrible skin problems as a general rule, so not very popular.

Omg i didnt even know they came in 4 colours!!, im only familiar with two, what are the other two?

The other two (I'm thinking you've seen the browns?) are blue and isabella which is a fawn colour. The blues have terrible skin problems as a general rule, so not very popular.

aaaaa the fawn ones would be awesome!! (maybe)

I always get "Oh wow! We used to have Shepherds (GSD's) they were really big! Yours looks small/is going to be small..."

Then I tell them about the height standard and that mine is complient (dead silence)

I hate how people think that they're supposed to be huge...maybe if you're a kid!

And stop making up stories about your giant GSD's!

Edited by F11

aaaaa the fawn ones would be awesome!! (maybe)

Both fawns and blues can get colour dilution alopecia (CDA) which makes them go bald. There is a genetic test for colour now so most responsible breeders choose not to produce the dilutes... Puppy buyers *think* having a "rare" blue/fawn is awesome... Until it goes bald!

rebelmajor1a.jpg

137149619_386a93ae74.jpg?v=0

[

My Daughter was asked how her Son Denim was doing - His name is Levi....

Oh I knew it had something to do with jeans :curtsey:

I'm getting sore ribs from laughing at some of the posts. No bears around, if you own an Akita....& Bernice the Mountain Dog.

Recently, someone told me their neighbour owns a very unusual dog breed.

Me: 'Oh, what's the name of the breed?'

Someone: 'Something like a biscuit.'

Me: 'Biscuit???????'

Much later.

Someone: 'It was like a wheatmeal biscuit', that dog.'

Me (thinks deeply): " Wheaten Terrier'?

Someone: 'Yes! That's it!'

Someone in my OB class came one week saying they had been to a dog show to see their breeder and saw the dog with the weirdest and longest name.... T'was the PBGV (too long to even type lol)

For the Schipperke:

What sort of dog is THAT? He's so unusual and cute!

He's a schipperke

A WHAT?

A schipperke

*Failed attempt at name*

Then have a laugh and off they go. I don't get very far without people asking me. However if they are interested I am only more than happy to tell them about the breed :D

At work however (I work in a petstore), when I ask people buying dog products what type of dogs they have, they ask me back, and are very intrigued by schipperke. So I try and explain what he looks like by saying, imagine a small black husky with a shorter coat and a curly tail. That usually does the trick :laugh:

Aussie:

Most people assume he's a BC, so I correct them and they are interested where the breed comes from, etc. After they usually say "typical americans", or something along the lines of that :laugh:

But reading through this thread and coming by the people calling Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, King Charles, at my work I more commonly hear of peoples pet "King Charles Cavalier" (rolly eyed man) :laugh:

I always get "Oh wow! We used to have Shepherds (GSD's) they were really big! Yours looks small/is going to be small..."

Then I tell them about the height standard and that mine is complient (dead silence)

I hate how people think that they're supposed to be huge...maybe if you're a kid!

This! But it's worse with Molly as she has soft ears so I get the "Is she part German Shepherd". With Cooper "Is he a Kelpie/ or Kelpie X".

Having the Brittany pup out and about is interesting. "Is she a sort of spaniel" (as she is black and white also get "is she a baby german shorthair pointer but her ears looks weird?"). If I say she is a "Brittany" people say "Brittany Spaniel, yes", so have to explain she looks a bit like a spaniel with long legs but is actually a small, French, Hunt/Point/ Retrieve breed. We did run into a lady from Belgium last weekend who said very confidentally "that is a beautiful little Epagneul Breton" :thumbsup:

post-8662-0-91028100-1334779373_thumb.jpg

OMG how cool to find someone who knows what a Brittany is!!!!!!! Woop woop!

My less that 10 second Info grab, had a funny ending the other day.

When I want both my Tibbies to come.....I call: 'Tibetans!'.

I did that the other day when we had a visitor.

Visitor: 'What are they?'

Me: 'They're spaniels from Tibet.'

Visitor (seriously): 'Aren't they clever. They know where they come from!'

Love this :laugh: made me giggle.....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: love it!

Lowchen:

No it's not a poodle, it's a Lowchen. (alterntively No it's not a Chinese Crested, it's a Lowchen.)

Not a Lhasa but a Lowchen - A Little Lion Dog (show bare bum).

Yes it's clipped.

They belong to the Bichon family, with the Maltese, Bichon Frise and Havanese. But they come in all sorts of colours.

Afghan:

It's an Afghan Hound.

Yes HE'S handsome. It's a boy. (never quite worked out if they think the boy ones look like Dobermann)

Yes they look glamorous but they are bred to chase, kinda like a greyhound in drag.

They're like your all-terrain running dog. They are spectacular when running.

No they aren't expensive to buy, but expensive to keep in coat like this. He gets better products than I do.

They're from AFGHANistan.

Love your greyhound in drag :laugh:

lol i get the same, Troyboy is 74cms at the withers and my friends 1yr old GSD makes him look short, he is abt 85-90cms i would think. When i tell ppl that Troy is actually taller then the standard people are very suprised.

lol i get the same, Troyboy is 74cms at the withers and my friends 1yr old GSD makes him look short, he is abt 85-90cms i would think. When i tell ppl that Troy is actually taller then the standard people are very suprised.

Hahaha is it closely followed by 'my mate has a bigger one'? lol

Hahaha is it closely followed by 'my mate has a bigger one'? lol

lol no i think ppl would be hard pressed to find one taller then my friend's fellow, he really is a big dog, but many that i see around are about as tall as Troyboy so i guess there are alot of oversized GSDs around.

Most people seem to know German Shepherds, though the reactions can vary. With kids I get a lot of ''That's a police dog'' (usually said in awe) to which I reply ''Yes the Police and Military do use German Shepherds but my dog is just my friend and not a police dog''.

This Covers the Great Danes.

Followed by

Them: Must do big shits

Me: Yep

Them: My mate has a bigger one

Me: Of course he does (rolly eye man)

And he then goes on to say the exact same thing to those of us with rottweilers! :laugh:

Every bloke on the street has a mate with a bigger rottweiler than any of ours, his mate's rottweiler weighed 70kg, don't you know!! Man I miss the rolly eyed man right now! :laugh:

Yup, I get this a lot too. Constantly meeting bogans who like to inform me that their dog is bigger than mine. The figure is ALWAYS 70kg too. :laugh: Really? You have a 70kg malamute? You must be so proud!

My plumbers Rotti was 100kg :laugh: