Aussie Bulldogs

dee_alz22

I just had an argument with my sister about aussie bulldogs, I said that are not a recognised breed in aus and shes argued that they are coz her friend has bought one and it has papers blah blah, so someone please put the argument right? Thanks!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had an argument with my sister about aussie bulldogs, I said that are not a recognised breed in aus and shes argued that they are coz her friend has bought one and it has papers blah blah, so someone please put the argument right? Thanks!

You are correct, they are NOT a recognized breed. Have seen some pretty impressive looking 'papers' though. Very sad that 'breeders' are advising they have papers... :mad

Not recognized by the ANKC.

There are a couple of Aussie Bulldog associations - I think one is "Australian Bulldog Association" or something like that, and those societies are probably issuing their own papers.

Not recognised by the ANKC but that doesn't mean they are not registered and their breeders are not registered breeders. Just means its not done through the ANKC.They still have shows,its just that their shows are not sanctioned by the ANKC- they still have a code of conduct and they still have a registry to keep stud records of their dogs.

There are several breeds and or breeds in development in the same position and many of them never want ANKC recognition as they believe that it would be detrimental for their breeds. Some are working toward one day asking for ANKC recognition. Mini Foxie is a prime example.

Just a reminder before anyone starts singing the virtues of non ANKC recognised breeds and their producers......

•This site was created for pure bred dog discussion (ANKC recognised breeds)

The primary purpose of this forum is to promote and discuss pure bred dogs (as recognised by the ANKC) so we ask you respect our aim when visiting here. If you own a cross breed dog, you are also welcome here, but we ask that you refer to it by its proper name (eg a pug-x or cavalier-x instead of the designer term 'pugalier').

I have owned two Aussie Bulldogs, one I got in 2000, and they were going before this. I got my female from Pip Nobes one of the original founders of this breed.

From what I last heard they were just coming into 6th generation Aussie Bulldogs, they might have surpassed this by now. Yes you get papers, that state everything on it that you get with ANKC papers do, so a pedigree name and 3 generations of family, just not recognised by the ANKC. They come in standard and miniature sizes.

They are a fantastic breed, and wonderful to own, but very powerful and they don't know their own strength.

Lynn

Yeah you have to wait about 15 years before they are actually officially recognised by the ANKC before you are supposed to mention them here rofl1.gifrofl1.gif

:laugh: Yes, I proudly parent 3 of those Australian Unmentionables. They are not recognized by the ANKC

Steve, on 27 April 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

Yeah you have to wait about 15 years before they are actually officially recognised by the ANKC before you are supposed to mention them here

If you wanted to set up a forum about non ANKC recognised breeds and move your discussion to there then I'm sure some people would happily follow you.....

Yeah you have to wait about 15 years before they are actually officially recognised by the ANKC before you are supposed to mention them here rofl1.gifrofl1.gif

Steve

How are this forums rules amusing to you. :o(

I have seen you get a lot of support in here Bite the hand that feeds you and all that?? Seems a little unfair to me.

Meea

Steve, on 27 April 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

Yeah you have to wait about 15 years before they are actually officially recognised by the ANKC before you are supposed to mention them here

If you wanted to set up a forum about non ANKC recognised breeds and move your discussion to there then I'm sure some people would happily follow you.....

Whats this got to do with me? I didn't start the topic and for the record I didn't sing any praises,promoting or supporting anything here I simply told the truth. I happen to think its funny that we can no longer learn and talk about things - though in 15 years when they are recognised we will be able to do that and last time I looked it was O.K. to think something is funny without being told to leave the forum.rofl1.gif

Steve

How are this forums rules amusing to you. :o(

I have seen you get a lot of support in here Bite the hand that feeds you and all that?? Seems a little unfair to me.

Meea

Excuse me? It is funny to me that we have to wait 15 years before we are able to discuss this on this forum and it seems a little unfair to me that you feel its O.K. to go at me and abuse me.- for what saying I think its funny? Huge sin. rofl1.gif

Very few people who visit this forum could be more supportive of it or have more respect for the forum owner and I understand why Troy has this rule - but if its O.K. with you or not I still think its funny. rofl1.gif

You are correct, they are NOT a recognized breed. Have seen some pretty impressive looking 'papers' though. Very sad that 'breeders' are advising they have papers... :mad

They might not be recognised by the ANKC, but that doesn't mean they're not recognised.

Are Murray River Curly Coated Retrievers not a breed too?

. I happen to think its funny that we can no longer learn and talk about things -

I agree, I think people need to be sensible about the rules. It's one thing to simply discuss and learn more about other breeds and registries and another to come on here promoting oodly designer dogs and touting hybrid vigour.

I think the fact that the AB people have a registry and are striving towards a standard is commendable. People need to move with the times.

Edited by Clyde

Yes the Murray River Curly Coated Retriever is a breed, has been around for somthing like 60 years, not recognised and have no wish to be recognised by the ANKC at this point in time.

We have three Aussie Bulldogs as regular clients and have to say they are really lovely natured dogs, they have papers with something like six or seven generations behind them and the breeder is an honest up front fellow who keeps his dogs properly housed and in beautiful condition.

Agree with Clyde and Steve.

I also own one of these unmentionables and she is an absolute joy and a credit to her breeder.

There are a number of registries but the Australasian Bosdog Society is the one that is aiming for ANKC recognition and the one that my AB is registered with. The papers I received with her are very similar to the papers I have for my ANKC registered Dobermann. They have a code of ethics and a standard to which breeders are supposed to aim for. Just recently they have brought in a new rule that all breeding dogs are to have their hips scored.

I don't agree with randomly crossing any 2 dogs but this is not the case with AB's. There was a time in history when many breeds we know today were not 'made' yet, but they are recognised now.

AB's are currently up to 6th generation puppies and no matter how much some disagree with them, they are here to stay.

•This site was created for pure bred dog discussion (ANKC recognised breeds)

The primary purpose of this forum is to promote and discuss pure bred dogs (as recognised by the ANKC) so we ask you respect our aim when visiting here.

4. No promotion of cross breeds and/or un-necessary cross breed discussion

This site has nothing against cross breeds (most of us have had one at some stage in our life), however we are against the promotion of them as being superior to the purebred dog and people cashing in on the 'designer dog' craze.

We also ask that you refrain from unnecessary designer dog discussion. (ie discussion that has no real purpose other than to express dismay at the latest 'cross breed' you saw (or read about)). Sure, we all know they are out there, but we prefer to concentrate on discussing the pure bred dog (ANKC recognised breeds). Also no 'What Breeds are in my Dog' type discussion.

Well the rules are clear.

No elevation of non ANKC breeds and no moral exhortation or excoriation of them either.

Careful Steve! :(

There are many questions surrounding the development of 'new breeds' and answers are also needed to explain the disasters that have and are occurring.

But this is not the place.

Basically, there is enough going on with ANKC breeds without adding the political armageddon that would ensue.

If people don't have the foresight to understand that, then let them be condemned and removed from the forum.

Personally, it seems to me that the Australian Bosdog looks destined to be a success.

But the developers were either very lucky or highly skilled.

And this point is paramount.

Those trying to develop the Labradoodle are obviously not lucky and very poorly skilled.

What this suggests to me is that people who desire to develop new breeds need to be qualified, certified and given legal sanction.

But that's another story and is not for here.

Regards.

Edited by Tralee