Dog Act Wins Britain's Got Talent

MadWoofter

A teenager and her dog have won Britain's Got Talent and a £500,000 cash prize as well as the chance to appear at the Royal Variety Performance.

Ashleigh Butler, 17, from Northampton, and her pet, Pudsey, won the ITV talent show with a routine to the theme tune for Mission Impossible.

They beat favourites pop-opera duo Jonathan and Charlotte as well as dance troupes, synchronised swimmers and a Welsh choir in the final.

Miss Butler wept as she was told she had won and expressed her pride of her dog, who is a mix of border collie, bichon frise and a Chinese crested cross.

Judge Simon Cowell even said the pair were one of his "favourite ever acts".

"I adore both of you. You you have got better and better as the competition has progressed and to do what you did in such a short time is a miracle," he said.

Comedian panellist David Walliams added: "I don't know how long it takes to train Pudsey but it is the third original act we have seen from you which is extraordinary. The nation has fallen in love, not just with Pudsey but with you too."

Miss Butler joked that Pudsey had become "very diva-ish" during the last week, demanding steak dinners.

Welsh boys choir Only Boys Aloud, with their 133 members, came third after their rendition of Calon Lan.

Judge Alesha Dixon told them: "That was a really special moment. I could feel the passion coming from every single one of you.

"I commend each and every one of you and I am so glad that once again you choice to stick to your tradition and sing something Welsh."

Cowell joked: "This is why I love this show because I got emotional listening to a song that I didn't understand a word of. But I could tell how much it means to every one of you individually. Every single one of you gave it 100%."

http://news.sky.com/home/showbiz-news/article/16226968

Unfortunately I can't watch the youtube clip at work, but I could see the short bit on the news website. Must remember to have a look when I go home tonight. It was great.

What an unusual mix of breeds

Gorgeous dog and a happy young girl. Great to see younger kids doing things a bit out of the ordinary rather than just computers/games etc.

I liked it that she didn't dress Pudsey up. He was portrayed in such a way that retained his very honourable 'dogginess'.

I agree.

Oh God Yes, Yay for Pudsey not being dressed up!!! :laugh: