Our Weekend Away + Bruno's 1yr Adoptaversary!

ruthless

It's been ages since we've had time away with the dogs [or without them for that matter] so when I found out that a holiday rental we've been to before down the South Coast was available for the Queen's birthday long weekend I didn't hesitate to book it. It's a long drive - especially if you go the wrong way like we did - but it's worth it. After 6+ hours in the car the dogs were ready to burn off some energy, so before going to buy groceries we gave them a big runaround in the garden. It was bright but overcast. Perfect photography conditions!

ruthlessphotos-5529.jpg

ruthlessphotos_gotcha_weekend_01.jpg

ruthlessphotos-5567.jpg

ruthlessphotos_gotcha_weekend_02.jpg

ruthlessphotos-5621.jpg

ruthlessphotos-5669.jpg

Saturday marked a year since Bruno joined our pack so he had a special "Gotcha Day" outing to the beach. As soon as his leash was unclipped he went about "killing" every bit of seaweed in his path. It was beyond ridiculous to watch - he's such a clown!

ruthlessphotos-5712.jpg

bruno_seaweed.jpg

ruthlessphotos_gotcha_weekend_03.jpg

As soon as he'd removed any potential threat from the seaweed he decided to play with his favourite Cuz toy.

ruthlessphotos-5807.jpg

When all his energy was expended he did some lovely posing while the sun set.

ruthlessphotos-5950.jpg

ruthlessphotos_gotcha_weekend_04.jpg

ruthlessphotos_gotcha_weekend_05.jpg

Back at the house Angel and Chopper took their sentinel duties at the window very seriously.

a+c_nosey.jpg

Bruno, not so much!

ruthlessphotos-6169.jpg

It would have been wrong to leave without a photo on the terrible 60s carpet.

ruthlessphotos_gotcha_weekend_06.jpg

I also took the opportunity to finally take a family portrait. Bruno decided everyone was being all too serious for his liking, but Chopper didn't break his pose. What a champion!

ruthlessphotos-6179.jpg

If you want to see more photos from our trip you can check out the whole album on Bruno's page here.

Such gorgeous shots as always. I'm another creepy lurker who is a bit obsessed with your photography.

I was actually at a gig on Saturday night and during a crap band, was flicking through facebook (or maybe it was DOL actually).. stumbled across that 'family portrait' and proceeded to show it to everyone there. So a bunch of Clagg fans in Melbourne love your dogs too :laugh:

Beautiful photos as always but there is more....

Somehow they show your love for them - not sure I know how to express this in words.

I think they are super special.

Thanks! I am a bit in love with my dogs <3

Beautiful photos Ruth!

You have such a gorgeous pack!

Gorgeous!

I wanna see more family portraits and more of Trixie girl!

I don't have any more than what I posted on Bruno's page! Trixie hurt her leg running on the beach so I didn't want to make her pose for photos after that. She was feeling a bit sorry for herself.

God Bruno is such a funny monkey. The seaweed photos are hilarious! :rofl:

Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous crew. :)

Totally awesome shots of adorable dogs...

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for looking!

So very lovely. I always love seeing your photos. Happy Gotcha Day Bruno!!

:thanks:

Such gorgeous shots as always. I'm another creepy lurker who is a bit obsessed with your photography.

I was actually at a gig on Saturday night and during a crap band, was flicking through facebook (or maybe it was DOL actually).. stumbled across that 'family portrait' and proceeded to show it to everyone there. So a bunch of Clagg fans in Melbourne love your dogs too :laugh:

That's funny! :laugh:

Great photos, the seaweed ones are awesome :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing, always love the photos of your pack - well any photo you take really

Thanks!

Just beautiful pic Ruth, looks like a great time was had by all! Special love of the seaweed killer!

Yeah, he's definitely a special one! :laugh:

Great photos and really nice to see you posting back here again :)

Love all the photos, but I especially loved the family portrait one :laugh:

I have always loved your photo's

these are gorgeous ...love the seaweed one's thumbsup1.gif

:thanks:

Awww poor Trixie, hope she is on the mend!

Yeah, she's fine again. Until the next time. There's always something with her!!