I Adopted Your Dog Today

My young FB friend adopted a GSD female last year which she called Riley. Over the course of the year she has put a lot of work in to raising Riley, she really works hard and tries her best to do what is right for Riley and her other dog Banjo. Things haven't been easy for her and Riley. This is her words as to some of the challenges she's faced with Riley:

Hello, My name is Destiny R and I'm 17 years old. I have a passion for animals! I love them all!! This video is about when I adopted Riley from the shelter, she came to me at 39.9 pounds. Then a very bad thing happened after I adopted her. Her incision ripped down her stomach from her spay, and her guts fell out. We took her to the vet which is 3 minutes from my house. She then got terribly sick. She literally was throwing up every 15 minutes for 2 days and a half. The second day after she puked so many times we took her back to the vet. She dropped from 39.9 pounds to 19 pounds even. After a lot of work I got her back up to 40.5 pounds in two weeks. She had it rough before I adopted her. When she was 12 weeks old she was thrown over a fence, as she wouldn't make a good breeding dog I believe they said. I was horrified to hear that my little girl was thrown over a fence at 12 weeks!! I accomplished a lot with Riley. She needed a lot of socialization to different things, such as a dog toy. Yes, a dog toy. She was terrified of her now favorite squeaky toy. She was also scared of meeting new dogs, but with lots of training she got over her fear and thoroughly enjoys playing with new dogs'. She was also very unruly when I got her, she couldn't sit for 1 minute, and now with lots of time patience and training she can sit, lay down, and stand stay for over 3 minutes!!

Destiny recently made a beautiful video to the poem ''I Adopted Your Dog Today'' featuring pictures of her girl Riley. She added her own personal spin to the poem at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrcWH4otu20&feature=g-all-lik

HUGE Thanks go to DOLs GSDs4Ever of Happy Paws Training Treats who saw the video on my page, and wanted to not only share it on her FB page, but to award Destiny with a sample pack of her awesome treats, and also has kindly insisted on giving me a sample pack for sharing the video. :thanks:

Fantastic. And did you say she's only 17? Amazing.... :)

What amazing understanding, selflessness and maturity from a 17 year old you sure as hell don’t see such dedication to anything but their makeup palette from that age group these days its so refreshing to see her stand up for something with such meaning!.

I'm with you TheCheekyMonster, totally agree. She is like a breath of fresh air when it comes to the majority of youth today. Lovely tribute video clip of her rescue too. Her dedication shone through beautifully.