A Most Disgusting Conversation Overheard

Christina

at the shopping centre today. Passing the pet shop there were 2 young mums with babies in pushchairs. Late teens, early 20's age group.

One said to the other Oh look. Why don't you get rid of that pup at home that shits all the time & go & get one of those in there. :cry::mad I managed to carry on & walk past.

Wonder what happens when their children need potty training or are less than perfect ?

Do they want to get rid of them too. What a horrible, stupid & callous attitude.

Their children will also grow up & learn to have this view of pet ownership too.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Willow

Perhaps we can hope that they were DOLers who were being ironic....slim chance, but we can hope.

I've heard similar. I've also overheard a conversation where somebody adopted a puppy and they saw puppies which looked more like Stafford puppies than the pound puppy did and the suggestion was made to DUMP the other one because these looked "tougher".

But the worst personally was when I had an American Cocker puppy come back to me some years ago from a rather affluent young couple because it didn't look like the ones in the books. It actually DID look like the ones in the books but when I questioned them further, they were referring to its hair. Apparently they wanted one which came pre-groomed and clipped and groomed itself to boot. Which makes me wonder why I'd given them a 32 page booklet about grooming and taking care of the coat and spent 2 hours with them showing them how to clip a dog AND offered 3 free grooming sessions and discounted grooming for life.

She could be joking. If that is the only bit of the conversation you heard its hard to tell of they ment it or not, and it was the freind that said it and can't say for sure if they lady with dog would do that.

But yes if she was serious then that is very very sad indeed :(

I would sincerely hope it was a joke. Hubby and I have eight dogs (the majority all ex-pound pups) and we often joke about "trading them all in for one good dog". We love them all to death and wouldn't swap them for a billion dollars, but we do joke about it.

Guest donatella

One can only cross their fingers and HOPE they were joking (lets be naive here for a minute).

I often say to mine when she's being naughty that i'm going to take her to the pound if she doesn't stop it. I would NEVER take her to the pound, i'm only joshing and its pretty silly thing to say seeing as she has no idea what i'm saying anyway :laugh:

One can only cross their fingers and HOPE they were joking (lets be naive here for a minute).

I often say to mine when she's being naughty that i'm going to take her to the pound if she doesn't stop it. I would NEVER take her to the pound, i'm only joshing and its pretty silly thing to say seeing as she has no idea what i'm saying anyway :laugh:

I keep telling mine i am going to put them out for council pick up if they don't behave.

Guest donatella

I keep telling mine i am going to put them out for council pick up if they don't behave.

:rofl: :rofl:

if only they knew!

I'm NOT getting rid of my dog - he's the best behaved member of the family!

On the other hand I frequently tell my daughters & hubby that I want to trade them for something better.

There is a female Am Cocker on gumtree for $400, not desexed. While we are on the subject!!

Mine know they will be auctioned for vivesection any moment. That is why they have the RSPCA on speed dial, and when I tell them that they show me the phone.

Ah well.

Guest lavendergirl

There is a female Am Cocker on gumtree for $400, not desexed. While we are on the subject!!

Mine know they will be auctioned for vivesection any moment. That is why they have the RSPCA on speed dial, and when I tell them that they show me the phone.

Ah well.

And an undesexed white female German Shepherd too :(