Doggles

flame ryder

When I go outside in the bright sunshine my eyes water. Add a bit of wind too and I have tears running down my face. My dog also shares my problem. He has awfully teary eyes when the sun shines. And the sun hasn't been out much lately...but today was nice, and Mojo had teary eyes. I wear sun glasses, easy fixed for a human, but a dog...? I have seen doggles advertised but are they serious eye-ware for dogs or just a fad, something to look trendy? And how on earth do they stay on? Anyone had any experience with them?

Do you mean like these? My Stan the grommet :laugh:

Groovy lol. Do they bother him? Does he try and shake them off?

And yeah Pers mesh ones would be better, even my sunnies fog up some days.

Hoping they come in small sizes, not sure if I'm keen to buy on-line as I'd need to see if they fit. Might try my local pet shop.

Do you mean like these? My Stan the grommet :laugh:

Stan is such a hunk :laugh: He looks like he's modelling them!

He is a handsome model isn't he :)

That pic was just us mucking around at the beach last Xmas and they were not mine, that was the first time Stan had ever put them on but nothing worries him so he didn't try to get them off. A friend of mine is a bricklayer and his dog ' Russell' travels on the back of his truck every day up and down the freeway and he was getting grit, sand and bugs in his eyes so my mate got him a pair of doggles and Russell wears them no problem. If your dog is happy to wear them they are excellent.

I was thinking of getting Doggles for my 2 as we go to the beach daily & even though I rinse their eyes when we come home. They still get red eyes on ocassion. Just don't know if they will actually leave them on their face :)

We got some for a foster with a suspected eye issue but I have to say.. for some dogs, probably never going to happen.

The dog in question just froze up once they were actually over her eyes (she was fine with wearing them around her neck and propped up higher on her face) and when she did finally move again, it was only to paw them off and then remove herself from the situation.

This was with careful exposure and lots of positive reinforcement for staying calm and leaving them alone.

I guess some dogs are a lot more tolerant of having things on their heads. Can put just about anything on the grumpy, old dog's head and all he does is look annoyed.

Our greyhound Jed has pannus, so he has to wear them. He tolerates the ones that are more like sunglasses a lot better than the doggles type. He has no problem wearing them and has been for the last three years.

Our greyhound Jed has pannus, so he has to wear them. He tolerates the ones that are more like sunglasses a lot better than the doggles type. He has no problem wearing them and has been for the last three years.

photo please :curtsey::flower:

Picture036.jpg

This is Jed pretty much when we first got him, he no longer needs to wear his muzzle, now that he has his green collar. The glasses have a strap behind his ears and under his chin. The flash of the camera startled him so forgive the crazy eyes :D

This is Jed pretty much when we first got him, he no longer needs to wear his muzzle, now that he has his green collar. The glasses have a strap behind his ears and under his chin. The flash of the camera startled him so forgive the crazy eyes :D

That is so cute, and you're right, his do look so much like our own glasses. I doubt if any of my three would wear doggles or glasses like Jed's willingly. It's hard enough getting a jumper/coat on them the little horrors :laugh:

Might I say he has perfected the head shake to move them up sometimes and also is not above wiping them off on a whippet. It has taken a while for him to get used to them but the one advantage they have, over the other types, is that they do not cut down his peripheral vision, which the others do and that upsets him. The interchange lens doggles really freak him out, he will not even walk forward with them on, he just stands and drools. The elastic on these ones is a lot more narrow too which he seems to like as well. I think my Jed is a special boy because he loves his jacket and he also is particularly partial to reindeer antlers with bells on them. :)