V.i.p. Natures Goodness Grainfree Dryfood

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couldn't find the ingredients on there website, but not bad if its grainfree. The only thing I don't like is the bag sizes too small for me,I want at least 10kg bags.

Yes I got the 3kg bag, which was $14.89 seems to work out alot cheaper than other grain free's. Will type out the ingredients I couldn't find it online either.

Ingredients: Meat (Poultry Meal and Meat Meal, Duck and Meat Meals), Vegetable and Vegetable Meals, (including Potato, Peas, Carrots, Pumpkin), Potato and Tapioca Starch, Tallows and Oils (Poultry and Vegetable), Beet Pulp, Chicken Digest, Oilseeds (Canola and Linseed), Egg Powder, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Vitamins (A,D,E,B1,B5,B6, Niacin, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, B12), and Minerals (Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Iodine, Selenium) Kelp Meal, Choline Chloride, Soy Lecithin Powder, Dried Chicory Root, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Garlic Powder, Tomato Powder, Potassium Sorbate, Natural Antioxidants.

Crude Protien Min 26.0%

Crude Fat Min 14.0%

Crude Fibre Max 5.0%

Salt (Sodium Chloride Max 1.2%

Calcium Min 1.0%

Phosphorous Min 0.8%

Metabolizable Energy 350 kcal/100g APPROX

Excuse any spelling mistakes embarrass.gif

Edit to add there is also a roo based one this is the chicken and duck

Edited by Frenchfry

Hi all, I picked up a bag of V.I.P natures goodness grainfree nutrition dry food from Woolworths. I was wondering if anybody has tried it yet and their thoughts please smile.gif

someone was talking about this recently to me and said their dogs were doing great on it. I haven't used it myself though.

Edited by Rebanne

I bought one of the small bags for my dog, who can be very picky with dry foods and he loves it.

On that basis only, I'm prepared to buy a bigger bag and see how he goes on it.

Guest donatella

Wow, grainfree in supermarkets, the ingredients looks okay from what I can see. I'd rather fillers like vegetables over things such as rice.

Wow, grainfree in supermarkets, the ingredients looks okay from what I can see. I'd rather fillers like vegetables over things such as rice.

Why? Unless your dog is allergic to cereals, what's the problem?

No protein sources other than meat meal - and a heap of fillers. Tallow as a fat source. :( It doesn't scream 'quality food' to me.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Guest donatella

Veges is better then rice and pasta in my eyes. I'd feed myself a big plate of veges over rice. what goodness does rice have in it? Not a whole lot compared to veges.

Guest donatella

I dont feed supermarket foods but i would if I decent one became available. In saying that our family dogs that live with mum get pedigree and goddos and the eldest is going on 16, arthritic but thats all she's ever had wrong with her so some dogs fo pretty good on the cheaper stuff.

Veges is better then rice and pasta in my eyes. I'd feed myself a big plate of veges over rice. what goodness does rice have in it? Not a whole lot compared to veges.

Given that both are there as filler and that dogs can't digest either, I don't genuinely see why people would automatically assume the veggie based food was "better". You have to consider the food as a whole. I note VIP promotes this one as "no fillers" but frankly that's rot - it's loaded with them.

If your dog had cereal allergies, I'd rethink my views about "grain free" but most don't and I think that "grain free" is rapidly becoming yet another buzz word like "holistic" to sell like dog food to folk who've latched on to the idea that "grain free" equals "superior quality". This food has some other quality issues IMO. The quality of the protein is one.

I would be feeding an Omega oil supplement if I used this food. I'd expect to see some coat issues over time on a food based on vegetable oil (which one??) and tallow (yuk) as a fat source. Tallow was used for centuries to make candles and it's a very poor quality fat with virtually no Omega oil content.

"Grain free" doesn't automatically mean a better dog food and frankly I think this food tends to prove it. It's a supermarket quality brand that's got a heap of fillers and low quality protein and fat sources - like they all do. :shrug: I'm sure some dogs will do well on it though.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I guess I'm used to grain free foods that actually name the protein source rather than the vague "meat meal or poultry meal" of these ingredients. I personally want to identify what's in a food, otherwise how do I know if I'm offering a protein that isn't suitable for a certain dog?

Sags

Personally, I would rather sit down to a good old bowl of rolled oats than a massive big plate of mashed potato :)

Guest donatella

Apparently naming meat meal is better as it's actually the meat after the cooking process or something? I need to find the link

Apparently naming meat meal is better as it's actually the meat after the cooking process or something? I need to find the link

It is not the 'meal' bit that is the problem. It is the fact that they don't say what meat it is. I ain't feeding horse meat for instances and 'meat' could be horse meat. And then some dogs have allergies to different meats.

Personally, I would rather sit down to a good old bowl of rolled oats than a massive big plate of mashed potato :)

Or Tapioca. Frog spawn.. :vomit:

:laugh: