Java The Gsd - Going Downhill And We Don't Know Why

Dxenion

Found a reason to smile late yesterday. We picked up some medication from the chemist for Java. Keeping in mind that the prescription was filled out by the vet and that the patient's name on the label is 'Dog Java', I found it quite amusing that the chemist put this warning label on the box (even if it is a legal requirement). I guess it's just as well we didn't let Java drive home.

post-37151-0-29945000-1351213218_thumb.jpeg

Found a reason to smile late yesterday. We picked up some medication from the chemist for Java. Keeping in mind that the prescription was filled out by the vet and that the patient's name on the label is 'Dog Java', I found it quite amusing that the chemist put this warning label on the box (even if it is a legal requirement). I guess it's just as well we didn't let Java drive home.

post-37151-0-29945000-1351213218_thumb.jpeg

You better keep her off the beer as well, just to be safe!

Thank you everyone. It's been a really difficult day and reading though the comments has let us know that we're not alone in our sadness.

There are reminders of her everywhere. Her empty beds that she was using just yesterday. Her basket of medications that are no longer required. Her dinner bowl that no longer needs to be filled. Cans of special chicken dinners that will go uneaten. Her coat that no longer needs to warm her. Her boots that no longer have feet to protect, special red doggles to put away as well as her lifejacket that no longer is needed to keep her afloat at the beach. Saddest of all was seeing her collar with her guardian angel medallion hanging by the front door.

To us she wasn't just a dog, she was a treasured and very important member of our family for nearly thirteen years. It's tough coming to grips with the fact that after well over a decade she is no longer here anymore. She was a caring sensitive being, an instinctively natural therapy dog who had an impact on many people and dog's lives. Kids always seemed to gravitate to her. They might not have remembered her name but they always wanted to see 'the black dog' and she was so gentle with them. She was a true matriarch.

The other dogs are really feeling her loss too. Tlaloc is down in the dumps and has taken to lying in her bed, Odin is subdued and Rakim is trotting around the house looking for her in a game of hide and seek that will sadly never end.

Edited by Dxenion

The other dogs are really feeling her loss too. Tlaloc is down in the dumps and has taken to lying in her bed, Odin is subdued and Rakim is trotting around the house looking for her in a game of hide and seek that will sadly never end.

Oh that bought tears to my eyes *hugs to you and all the pups*

Oh that bought tears to my eyes *hugs to you and all the pups*

Me too. :cry:

I am so sorry for your loss Dxenion. Keeping you all in my thoughts. :hug:

R.I.P. beautiful Java. :rainbowbridge: Run young & free again girl. xxx