Sammy The Anti-gardener And His Big Weekend

Katdogs

Wow you had such a good time together and obviously all the dogs had such fun lovely to see. BTW Sammy's sister Kura has picked up another Baby in Group - second show out. I had our first traiing in the park today very successful. I had a lady turn up with a pulling, yelling, screaming Lab. By the end of the hour which involved alot of settling exercises he was settled, laying down and ignoring the other dogs. ( thank dog - or else I would look like a totally crap trainer) So I have a baby Lab, baby Cavalier - who is amazingly smart, a starey eyed Border Collie, a Staffy, 1 Kelpie and two Dalmations. They are a fun group they will al be learning the NILF program. It should be fun.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! I broke DOL AGAIN just when I hit post...

Anyway, I was saying thanks T (and Leah) for the lovely photos. I thought we'd need video to capture the silliness of the zoomies but I think you got it!

It was a great day and yes we must do it again one day :thumbsup:

Wonderful pix. OMG, Caz!! Poo Cup Cakes :eek::eek:

Rach, your doggy shapes and bones - :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I cannot take credit for the doggies and bones Cyn, the lovely Leah made those for the humans. :thumbsup:

I took some tuna, cheese and garlic bones and some carob coated Easter themed treats (like the one's below) for the doggies. :) Oh and some cinnamon cupcakes but mine were pretty ordinary looking compared to Caz's poo on grass cupcakes. :laugh:

8479714101_14480484f8_n.jpg

8479707959_9878d715cb_n.jpg

And gorgeous photo's T and Leah! :thumbsup: I especialy love the one of Max smiling. :laugh:

Congratulations Kura!

Don't sell your cupcakes short K9Angel! I love the surprise fruit inside them - delicious!

Sammy has just demonstrated 100% recall on his first ever bushwalk (may have had something to do with K9A's easter egg treats). Gannon's Park at Oatley has lovely bush tracks just perfect for learning how to keep an eye on your humans in case they suddenly stop, or turn around and walk away and leave you alone! Stevie and Jodie taught Sammy to watch out in case we did something tricky like that. Stevie showed him her splashing pond and Jodie showed him how to roll in possum poo.

After we had turned around properly to come back along the track, Sammy kept taking off like a rocket, racing along the path with all legs and ears flying. All we had to do was call and he'd come sprinting back again, but we think it was because he could smell where we'd been that he felt he knew where we were going and could take off by himself with confidence. Either that, or he was trying to teach us to give him treats when he ran back. We're only giving treats at random times now, not every single perfect 'Come' and 'Sit'. He's totally flaked again now, after coming home for clean water splashing.

What a HUGE weekend for Sam!

Oh you guys crack me up! Poo cakes and crazy faced Max! The zoomie and pool shots are classic! I'm so glad you all had a good time (including the fur kids)!

Harper looks like she's developed a bit of greyhound in that body! She may never stop growing T! I think Tempeh may be levelling off her growth spell (her back legs grow taller and then her front legs have to catch up usually) as she has eased back on her eating. She would've loved being there with all those other dogs to play with but would've been screaming for help had she seen any dogs in that clam shell. Water melts pei you know!

I just looked at the pictures properly on the computer, that photo of Sammy doing a flying leap into the pool onto Max is hilarious :rofl: and Max's crazy eyes as she leads everyone in zoomies :rofl:

I do have one special pug there! Awesome pics T, would love to see more am quite happy to send you a disc or stick to put them on to save you uploading two billion images.

I got a few of Tess and Fleming playing tug with you too MadWoofter.

There are maybe over 100 pool fun shots... Max and Sammy were hilarious doing zoomies in and out - there are a few really funny upside-down pug shots as Max couldn't slow down enough and rolled over the side of the pool... lol!

How about I just resize the lot and upload them to a Photobucket album, then I can post the link to the album, and everyone can see all of the shots?

Total number of decent photos is 360-odd... out of the 500-odd that I actually took. Even my decent camera had some blurry ones due to the frenzy of activity that was going one... *grin*

T.

Omg, the upside down pug in the background :rofl:

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq157.jpg

It's definitely a classic... lol!

What about the other ones where she's underestimated her speed and toppled over the front corner of the pool... *giggle*

Max really knows how to have a good time...

T.