English / American?

TIM_C28

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Tim to help out more how tall is the dog? Also do you have a standing pic that you can put up? Is the dog yours and if so where did he/she come from? The dog has a lovely face no matter the actual breed :)

Edited by millbrooksprings

Thanks again for reply's guys. The dog is the father of a pup im lookin at buying advertised as Staffordshire bull terrier. Just was not sure if he looked more american but im no dog expert. Thats why I wanted ur opinion. Thanks.

Thanks again for reply's guys. The dog is the father of a pup im lookin at buying advertised as Staffordshire bull terrier. Just was not sure if he looked more american but im no dog expert. Thats why I wanted ur opinion. Thanks.

I would highly suggest you steer clear of any unpapered stafford. They can have a lot of health issues, especially the "blues" due to overbreeding for colour. There are some wonderful reg breeders of both that breed the colour you are wanting, these dogs are all health tested and come with a guarantee and lifetime support usually. Go to "Puppies for sale" at the top and you can see the list of both Amstaffs and SBT breeders and their puppies currently available. I would also suggest you speak to the people in the Amstaff and Stafford threads which are located in the breed specific subforums above "General Dog Discussion"

Goodluck with your searching :)

Particularly important to stay well away from any that you do not have 'proof' what breed they are (i.e. registration papers from a registered breeder) in this time of Breed Specific Legislation.

Having that proof may make the difference between you happily keeping your dog and having to give it up because you can't proove it is not something else (as this thread clearly shows).

The dog is the father of a pup im lookin at buying advertised as Staffordshire bull terrier. Just was not sure if he looked more american but im no dog expert. Thats why I wanted ur opinion. Thanks.

if you do not have pedigree papers ..and a registered breeder you are never 100% sure what you are getting :( :(

also people can show you a pic of any dog .....and unless you know them , or the dog is a well known stud or from a well respected breeder .. there is no guarantee .....