Act Animal Rescue (aar)

Hi all,

Just a quick information post to advise that a new rescue group has formed in Canberra.

It is called ACT Animal Rescue (AAR) - we are currently up on petrescue and hope to have our own website in the New Year.

Just in case anyone is wondering who we are - I am the rescue co-ordinator for the group (and as most know me, have been in rescue for almost a decade) and all the dozen or so foster carers I have been managing and supporting for the past several years are on board with me.

Our animals are fostered in home environments, fully vetworked, assessed for temperament prior to rehoming and appropriately matched to homes. A two week trial is offered and we endeavour to help any of our former fosters to the best of our abilities.

So nothing has changed except the group name myself and my carers are rescuing under.

We look forward to continuing to help animals in need and working with other groups as always to achieve our common goals of minimising destruction of healthy rehomable animals.

Andrea.

AAR.

Edited by Just Andrea

Thanks everyone.

Hi Alison,

Yes I had actually thought of that also at the time.

We actually used that name temporarily while we all put in suggestions and we voted on our favourite but ironically it was actually voted as most popular and kept (actually wasn't my first choice but it was the most popular).

Several other names that we came up with actually had aronyms or names similar or even identical (in the case of a couple of acronyms) to groups already in existance even using completely different words ....and we didn't think that was right.

Its the best we could do in limited time. At least the name is not close to anyones and there is no other rescue group I am aware of abbreviated to AAR.

Cheers.

Best wishes for your new endeavour, Andrea :thumbsup:

Just one thing..... could AAR be confused with the microchip registry?

Edited by Just Andrea