What Wierd Stuff Does Your Dog Do With You?

Little Gifts

When my kids were young I read about these funny little things we do and they were called "loving rituals". When my work is done,dinner cooked table cleared and it's time to sit down I say to Jake "couch time" we race through the house and leap onto the couch and squish onto the same cushion. He ferrets around and always ends up snuggled in my armpit.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston goes nuts when I file my nails, he insist on smelling the nail file and sometimes wants to lick it too.

Max tries to get into the shower with me, but we've worked out a routine now where she gets in and licks a bit of water off the floor and gets a bit wet when I first turn the water on, then gets out to let me in and sits guarding the door (so that I have to really push her out of the way when I want to get out!), ready to get back in when I get out :laugh: Sometimes I'll get a lick down, but normally she prefers to lick the water off the shower floor. Then both pugs fight over who gets to obsessivly lick the bathroom drain and lick down the bathroom tiles until they are slippery and slobbery.

My dogs do ONLY weird things - I could go on for days :rofl:

Here is Boston with a freshly cleaned crack in the cement - he does this each night in a different spot

20121025_184914-1.jpg

Lulu rubs her face on me and OH... like a cat. It's seriously like she's rubbing her scent on us, and she gets really excited about it. It wouldn't be a big deal if she wasn't 26kg and all legs and has to stand on you!!

Nikita (Borzoi) does this to me as well, especially when I am lying in bed. She also loves rolling on and snuffling her nose through my hair, particularly when it is wet. She was VERY disappointed when I got it cut short - although she also has a thing for my nephew's No. 2 buzzcut hairdo. Can anyone say "Weirdo!!" ?

MacDuff (Deerhound X) is a spooner. When he is not feeling well he will sleep spooned next to me and put his paw on my hand so I can hold it while he sleeps. *rolls eyes*

Lulu rubs her face on me and OH... like a cat. It's seriously like she's rubbing her scent on us, and she gets really excited about it. It wouldn't be a big deal if she wasn't 26kg and all legs and has to stand on you!!

Nikita (Borzoi) does this to me as well, especially when I am lying in bed. She also loves rolling on and snuffling her nose through my hair, particularly when it is wet. She was VERY disappointed when I got it cut short - although she also has a thing for my nephew's No. 2 buzzcut hairdo. Can anyone say "Weirdo!!" ?

MacDuff (Deerhound X) is a spooner. When he is not feeling well he will sleep spooned next to me and put his paw on my hand so I can hold it while he sleeps. *rolls eyes*

:laugh: That's adorable. My Anatolian x likes having his paws held :)

Rakim has been taught to give an empty toilet roll tube to the OH. The OH will then go and open a specific door so Rakim can go in, grab a sealed pack of toilet rolls and bring them to me.

Rakim's now found where we keep the empty toilet roll tubes. If we haven't closed the door properly, during the night he'll go into the bathroom, open the recycle bin, grab a roll, bring it back into the bedroom, drop it on our bed next to the OH's face and then sit there and watch him. if the OH doesn't get up and open a specific door (which is what Rakim is waiting for him to do), he'll go and get another tube and drop that next to the OH's face too.

The OH woke up one morning to find himself surrounded by a half dozen toilet roll tubes and with a dog staring intently at him. I was laughing too hard to explain what was going on. The OH got the hint though and after a night's sterling effort, Rakim was finally able to bring me a pack of toilet rolls and receive his reward!

Edited by Dxenion

Boston goes nuts when I file my nails, he insist on smelling the nail file and sometimes wants to lick it too.

Max tries to get into the shower with me, but we've worked out a routine now where she gets in and licks a bit of water off the floor and gets a bit wet when I first turn the water on, then gets out to let me in and sits guarding the door (so that I have to really push her out of the way when I want to get out!), ready to get back in when I get out :laugh: Sometimes I'll get a lick down, but normally she prefers to lick the water off the shower floor. Then both pugs fight over who gets to obsessivly lick the bathroom drain and lick down the bathroom tiles until they are slippery and slobbery.

My dogs do ONLY weird things - I could go on for days :rofl:

Here is Boston with a freshly cleaned crack in the cement - he does this each night in a different spot

20121025_184914-1.jpg

Ok that is seriously weird!!

Love the paws being held - so sweet

I have a weird one too - Eva - she loves spooning but is always the small spoon :) Also if I close my eyes (or I'm asleep!) she likes to sniff my eyeballs!!! She must know there is something under my eyelid :) She also likes when I put moisturizer on she tries to lick it off me which I won't let her so she just licks the air near me?! Weirdo!!

Guest Labradork

I've thought of something else and it's pretty gross...

Oscar likes to eat my toenail cuttings. I found this out the other day when I was sitting out on the back step, giving them a trim.

I went inside to answer the phone and when I came back Oscar was standing there and there were no more toenail cuttings.

Eeewww.

Edited by Labradork

Oscar likes to eat my toenail cuttings. I found this out the other day when I was sitting out on the back step, giving them a trim.

I went inside to answer the phone and when I came back Oscar was standing there and there were no more toenail cuttings.

Eeewww.

My pugs do this too :rofl:

Guest Labradork

Eeewww.

I can't believe he ate a part of my body :rofl:

Edited by Labradork

Eeewww.

Watch it, now he's got a taste for human, he'll turn on you, and devour your toes while you're sleeping!! :laugh:

Eeewww.

Watch it, now he's got a taste for human, he'll turn on you, and devour your toes while you're sleeping!! :laugh:

Watch out for your ear wax covered cotton tips - he'll probably love those too :vomit:

Edited by minimax

Guest Labradork

Eeewww.

Sometimes I wake up in the morning to find him sitting close to my face and staring at me. Maybe he thinks I'm a giant lamb shank? :laugh:

Edited by Labradork

Guest Labradork

Eeewww.

Watch out for your ear wax covered cotton tips - he'll probably love those too :vomit:

I've just thought of something else he does and I think it out-grosses everyone here.

He likes to steal my dirty underwear and suck on them. It took me a while to work out what he was doing because he was hiding them in his bed :rofl:

Edited by Labradork

Eeewww.

I believe this is an absolute treat for dogs..our two eat ours too...yep...all pretty gross.

Eeewww.

I believe this is an absolute treat for dogs..our two eat ours too...yep...all pretty gross.

If I break a fingernail, I'll give it to Max as a treat :rofl: