Germany To Ban Sex With Animals: Report

MelodysMum

I can't believe it was ever legal! :eek:

Germany to ban sex with animals: report

THE German government is about to reintroduce a ban on bestiality, after pressure from animal welfare groups.

Newspaper die Tageszeitung reports that the governing coalition are soon to amend the country's Animal Welfare Act to make sex with animals punishable with a fine of up to 25,000 euros ($31,000).

Bestiality was legalised in Germany in 1969, the same year that gay sex was also removed from the criminal code. After that, sex with animals was only punishable if the animal was severely injured.

However animal welfare groups have pushed for the ban to be reinstated, in an advertising campaign that used dramatic examples of "animal rape".

Agriculture minister Ilse Aigner has agreed to change the law to make it illegal for people to "use (animals) for their own sexual activities or sexual acts of third parties" - which also bans the 'pimping' of animals to others.

However the move has aroused the ire of zoophile group ZETA.

Lobbyist Michael Kiok, who lives with his dog Cassie, told the newspaper there were more than 100,000 zoophiles in Germany.

"Mere morals have no place in law," he said.

Mr Kiok said he was worried that if the law took effect the authorities would try to take away his dog.

The amendment to the law will be debated in the German parliament in mid-December.

_________

These zoophiles are disgusting! I feel sorry for poor Cassie the dog! :mad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Labradork

I don't mean to sound like a party pooper, but shouldn't this thread be in the animal cruelty section?

Edited by Labradork

How could this possibly have been legalized?? I thought it was pretty widely accepted in the western world in recent times that sex without consent is not ok, animals can't possibly give consent!!

This is one way to frame it, but we should bear in mind that animals don't consent to most things we do with them - they don't consent to obedience school, eating Royal Canin instead of Eaglepack, sleeping in the lounge instead of the bedroom etc etc. The reason it is wrong is because it's wrong to take advantage of a situation where you have power over a less powerful sentient being who could be damaged by predatory behaviour - be it an animal, a child, a mentally disabled adult, etc. Plus it's just disgusting.

Another reason why Australia should not export live sheep!

And in that article, it suggested the PETA was zoophilia. At least I think that is what it said. My eyeballs had fallen out by then, and I had to feel around on the floor for them.

The wickedness and peculiarity of people never ceases to surprise me!!

From the article

Agriculture minister Ilse Aigner has agreed to change the law to make it illegal for people to "use (animals) for their own sexual activities or sexual acts of third parties" - which also bans the 'pimping' of animals to others.

However the move has aroused the ire of zoophile group ZETA.

:eek:

Edited by Jed

How could this possibly have been legalized?? I thought it was pretty widely accepted in the western world in recent times that sex without consent is not ok, animals can't possibly give consent!!

This is one way to frame it, but we should bear in mind that animals don't consent to most things we do with them - they don't consent to obedience school, eating Royal Canin instead of Eaglepack, sleeping in the lounge instead of the bedroom etc etc. The reason it is wrong is because it's wrong to take advantage of a situation where you have power over a less powerful sentient being who could be damaged by predatory behaviour - be it an animal, a child, a mentally disabled adult, etc. Plus it's just disgusting.

Yes, that is the angle most of them were arguing. They don't consent to factory farming etc and worse things are done to them there (cattle and sheep are not generally kept in pastures in Germany, there is not enough room. Instead they are housed in enclosed, shed-type feed lots like pigs and chickens.)

@Tralee, that's ok, I was not attracted to you in that way anyways ;)

@Jed, no the article spoke about a zoophile group called ZETA, which is a real thing. Nothing at all to do with PETA, except making fun of their name maybe

ETA: This seems to come in the wake of a proposal to ban castration of piglets and hot branding of horses... Also it is supposedly going to be made illegal to circumsize young boys.... Seems they are attempting to change a bunch of things and can't get enough support for any of them except this.....

Edited by BlackJaq