Bet You've Never Heard Of This Cross Before

Kirislin

A friend just dropped round a fox trap for me (whole 'nuther story) but she mentioned something she'd overheard at the vets the other day. The receptionist asked the woman what breed of dog she had and the woman replied German Shepherd/Alsation cross.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crickets

Haha! Reminds me of my PooPoo puppy idea (that is to breed Poodles to Poodles and market them as designer PooPoo's at hugely inflated prices because people are stupid enough to believe they are some designer cross! *tongue firmly in cheek of course!*)

Guest crickets

As far as I knew 'alsation' was a name given to the GSD by Britts during war time due to anti German sentiment? Alsation never was an actual breed. A bit like calling ACD's 'blue heelers' .

hey deshonko kennels haven't run a listing of what they have available at exorbitant prices yet this christmas. maybe they bred this one too?

Hey, that's right. Maybe they've been run out of town. I am still waiting for a sled load of miniature Malamutes.

Haha! Reminds me of my PooPoo puppy idea (that is to breed Poodles to Poodles and market them as designer PooPoo's at hugely inflated prices because people are stupid enough to believe they are some designer cross! *tongue firmly in cheek of course!*)

Sadly, with some people it would sure work.

Sadly in some circles Toy Poodles x Miniature Poodles are a sought after "designer breed"

I know they're registered as different breeds but the average joe bloggs couldn't tell you which was which since most don't even understand Poodles come in "Standard" let alone which is a Toy and which is a Miniature :laugh:

I had someone assure me that my dog couldn't possibly be a Poodle because "they don't come that big". Er, no, she couldn't possibly be a Poodle because she is a Portuguese Water Dog :eek:

Edited by Sandra777