Cruelty Charges Against Underbelly Character

Curlybert

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They dispose of them first so no one knows what they look like and they then 'win" regardless.

The animal is dead, it also then doesn't eat into their huge profits to keep them ( even though the owner will eventually pay that).

I hope they look after them while in care and they don't get worse, as who will believe they didn't arrive like that.

The only thing wrong in that photo is the idiot trying to handle in who clearly has NFI!!! :mad

I think they are talking about the Kim H. hate group on fb

I have heard it is very difficult to get them taken down so would like to see it happen as it will be great for everyone else subjected to hate pages about them.

Edited by dog_fan

I was just browsing the ABC news and saw this (tacky headline ABC!)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-17/ex-prostitute-and-police-recruit-on-cruelty-charges/4432176

Ex-prostitute and police recruit on cruelty charges

By court reporter Jamelle Wells

Updated 18 minutes ago

Related Story: Ex-prostitute loses police job appeal

Map: Mulgoa 2745

Former prostitute and New South Wales police trainee Kim Hollingsworth has faced court on 11 animal cruelty charges.

Hollingsworth was dismissed as a police trainee in the 1990s for failing to disclose her past occupation as a stripper and prostitute.

She was charged with animal cruelty after RSPCA inspectors went to her Mulgoa property, in Sydney's west, last week.

Hollingsworth is charged with eight counts of failing to provide veterinary treatment for horses and three of failing to provide proper food.

She told Downing Centre Local Court she would represent herself to fight the charges when the matter returned to court in April.

Hollingsworth was sacked from the police force in 1995 after eight weeks as a student police officer.

She fought a long legal battle to be reinstated, which was ultimately unsuccessful.

Her life in Sydney's Kings Cross has been depicted in the Underbelly TV series.

Yes, I read that, since when should she have to put up with her past being thrown at her add nausium.

Frankly given her past she would probably be a far better cop for it.

I know of one whose favourite lark was to zoom past a cop or coppers.. a long possie after him was even more fun.. then leave em in a trail of dust.

his name ended up becoming one of the legends of the force.

nearly 20 years after retirement he was still recognised whereever he went. As one chap said on a recent forum,

"Anyone remember a Sunday morning current affairs program many years ago, they did a story about the Hume Highway.It started with the reporter riding in a Cubeio F10 or 12.The reporter may mention of Tom the driver turned white.Then they had Tom on.He drove a mint white Falcon 500 wagon like Matt had on Skippy.All the bells and whistles.He was driving it across the little harbour bridge, telling tales when he was in the force, including booking his father in law. "

Spent his life saving lives. Somehow I suspect Kim would have done the same

Edited by asal

Didnt Mary Magdalene it was said, had a previous profession?

Whatever happended to he that is without sin can cast the first stone?

And if all men who had ever visited a prostitute were barred from the police force, what impact would that have on police numbers?

Geez if we are going to be called to answer for things we did decades ago few of us would have a clean slate .How does her methid of making money years ago have anything to do with what is going on with the horses? Its pathetic.

post-23033-0-67312800-1355700866_thumb.jpg

This idiot has no idea how to handle a horse, let alone get the horse on a float. It never ceases to amaze me at how incompetent some people are

Not only an idiot - but surely that horse isn't considered emaciated. Not a rib to be seen. God I had better hide away the dozen TBs I care for. All bar one fatty fatty mare would look worse than that horse at the angle. And I consider all 12 to be very well cared for and living the life of luxury.

I've called the RSPCA to much worse cases and been told they can't or won't do anything about it...

The horses (except for the old one that BlackJaq pointed out) in this case appear to be in decent health... but think of the amount of publicity the RSPCA can drum up by doing a large seizure like this one... the donations would be rolling in...

T.

But wasn't she taking in rescue horses? Surely some would come into care in poor condition and need time to put on condition etc

Why would they seize them anyway ? Surely you cant blame her for trying to prevent them using a baton on the horses?

Looks like someone has it in for her big time.

Comment I was going to make Steve. The emaciated one could have just arrived. Rest look very healthy.

I think the whole issue of accountability for the RSPCA is an important one. Of course individual inspectors will be more or less ethical, which is typical of humans as a whole, but as an organisation I think Lord Acton's maxim applies, "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

I know at least one state is rethinking the role of the RSPCA (and no, I can't say which because it was in the course of a private conversation in my professional capacity).

At the very least there needs to be an ombudsman as a route for appeal, since most people can't afford to pursue issues with the RSPCA through the courts. You'd hope that the RSPCAs themselves would see that a process for overseeing their decisions would be of benefit to their reputation and mission.

Edited to add. I'm sure the continuous foregrounding of the fact that Ms Hollingsworth was once a sex worker is an intentional gambit to create an impression that she must be a shady character and therefore make it more likely that she's an animal abuser. Clearly there's no logic to it at all and I think it's unethical to keep bringing up her past as if it were at all relevant to the present.

Edited by Aphra

I know at least one state is rethinking the role of the RSPCA (and no, I can't say which because it was in the course of a private conversation in my professional capacity).

Please let it be NSW, please let it be NSW :pray::worship::crossfingers:

Well it won't be VIC so that narrows it down a bit :laugh:

Seriously though on the topic, it's bloody scary the powers the RSPCA have, I have experienced them fobbing things off first hand and not attending to check out complaints, so the fact they're seizing what look to be beautiful healthy horses because of some random losers on FB blows my mind.