Question About Dogs Surrendered To Rspca And Microchip Details

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate for the RSPCA to PTS two dogs that already have a good home.

I don't understand why the other person handed them to the RSPCA instead of the breeder?

And I agree we need to get them out and ask questions later. And then it would probably not be worth getting lawyers involved unless someone like Dr Ness wants to help.

The microchip details are not proof of ownership of a dog. Surely there must be a case of negligence though given they did not check the chip? I'm not sure what the usual procedure in SA is or how long chips have been mandatory (if they even are) in SA.

That explains why the chip was not considered important and the dogs not scanned then I would think. I would think that the surrender procedures would have involved a document being signed stating they were the legal owners of the dogs they were surrendering. Perhaps it is the people who surrendered the dogs that should be the recipients of legal action.

Why were the dogs with them if they don't own them any way? Not that this question is really important to the problem of how to extract them from the RSPCA but curiosity makes me ask anyway.

So you need someone to adopt the dogs then give them to the rescue? Why is the breeder not taking them back after someone gets them out? Why cant the rescue give the money to a volunteer and then have the volunteer get them out for the rescue group? What is the adoption fee?

Edited by Greylvr

Surely someone involved knows a single person who doesn't live at home, or a young couple with no kids? They don't need to keep the dogs - can hand them over to someone in your group 10 mins down the road from the RSPCA premises...

T.

The requirements to adopt:

- Retired

- Living in SA

- No dogs, or council approval for currently owned dogs PLUS the two to be adopted

- Be willing to undertake an RSPCA House and/or yard check.

Edited by Parkeyre

Surely someone involved knows a single person who doesn't live at home, or a young couple with no kids? They don't need to keep the dogs - can hand them over to someone in your group 10 mins down the road from the RSPCA premises...

T.

- Retired

- Living in SA

- No dogs, or council approval for currently owned dogs PLUS the two to be adopted

do you have to live in SA? is the rescue refunding the adoption fee?

T.

- Retired

- Living in SA

Must live in SA. No interstate adoptions.

The rescue will reimburse the $400 adoption fee for the pair.

T.

- Retired

- Living in SA

Must live in SA. No interstate adoptions.

The rescue will reimburse the $400 adoption fee for the pair.

Ill talk to some people see if i can get someone to help

Why does the person have to be retired? Would someone who works from home be ok?

And - my council - won't approve the third dog - until you have the third dog. It's completely nuts but that's how they do it.

It's a misunderstanding of the breed. Italians simply don't cope at all well in shelter/pound environments.