I Need Some Calcium (sandoz) Syrup Quickly

Stitch

I need some Calcium Syrup which used to be known as Calcium Sandoz Syrup.

I know they advertise it on line but I need it before the weekend.

I started off by visiting the local vets & pet shops however now I am beginning to panic as I know the distributor here in Brisbane doesn't have any stock of it either.

Does anyone know somewhere that may have it on their shelves?? I have been ringing around but still can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated as I didn't realise how difficult it had become to obtain.

No, they are out of stock at the moment.

ETA: I have tried 4 vets so far .... unsuccessfully. It is going to be difficult if I have to work my way through the phone book!! :laugh:

Edited by Stitch

Go to the chemists and purchase some

CalSource

Ca1000

Does exactly the same thing and NO loose stools to contend with.

Just put one tablet into a half glass of water and use when you want to.

Keep it stired as it can settle on the bottom of the glass.

Is that suitable for a bitch post whelping Oatway?

If it is do you know what kind of calcium it is?

I believe if I buy tablet form then Chelated Calcium is what I want for a bitch post whelping.

Edited by Stitch

For use during whelping to help with contractions etc and after whelping for prevention of hypocalcemia the liquid forms of calcium are absorbed more efficiently and quicker, especially important during whelping, not so much for afterwards.

Is that suitable for a bitch post whelping Oatway?

If it is do you know what kind of calcium it is?

I believe if I buy tablet form then Chelated Calcium is what I want for a bitch post whelping.

Yes I use while they are whelping and dose or two after. (My bitches have no calcium problems after whelping. I just have it there to make sure they get plenty while whelping.)

It is a high dose Calcium supplement.

try these people----> Capalaba Produce, 3211 Old Cleveland Road Capalaba 33901433

it really doesn't take long to get there from the North of Brisbane...just whizz over the Gateway and take the Mt Gravatt-Capalaba Rd exit (less lights)

Capalaba produce is a little hard to see but it is opposite a fish shop and Caradoc St

Edited by Boronia

Thank you Boronia....at the moment I don't like to be away from a maiden bitch.... who is almost ready to whelp.... for too long a period, that's why I need it to be closer.

I can get Troy Calcium Syrup and I think I can also get Ossol but I have used Calcium Sandoz for years and I know it does the job. It has glucose in it which gives the bitch some energy during whelping and the calcium is readily taken up. Apparently chelated calcium in tablet form is also readily taken up so I will look for that too.

Who would think it would be so difficult to find.

I will just have to keep ringing around. Thanks everyone for trying.

I give goats milk or lactose free milk to the bitch during and after whelping. Lactose free carnation milk is also ok. Have never given calcium syrup.

There is also studies done that if the bitch is on a good quality diet and is healthy, the old method of dosing them up on calcium is not needed

I give goats milk or lactose free milk to the bitch during and after whelping. Lactose free carnation milk is also ok. Have never given calcium syrup.

There is also studies done that if the bitch is on a good quality diet and is healthy, the old method of dosing them up on calcium is not needed

Lets not forget that the bitches don't read the books. My other girls did not need any extra calcium however Charli did, day 2 we were off to the vet she was going flat, she was on calcium for a few weeks after whelping. I gave her calcium between pups but didn't expect to keep using it.

She produced heaps of milk for her 6 pups and could have easily fed a lot more.

I feed them naturally and will give them calcium in several natural forms but this time I needed the sandoz and glad I had it on hand.

Edited by Andisa

I agree Andisa...I know from passed experience that my breed NEEDS calcium during and after whelping even though they have adequate calcium in their diet. I have also found they do not tolerate goats milk very well.

They do better on a good quality dry food during pregnancy than on a BARF diet regardless of whether it contains yoghurt, etc.

It took me a while to work out exactly how to feed them to get the best results.... battling my way through hypocalcaemia, which I never want to have to do again!!

I always used to use Sandoz. Then I discovered the ingredients in Troy were exactly the same (and about 1/2 the price). Have been using it for 5 years (less the 2 when I didn't breed) without problems.