Pound Rounds

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, they are basically being investigated for a similar thing the collie breeders in Vic were being investigated for. Where are animals Australia? Where are the media? Where is the outrage about the animals and how these people should burn in hell?

MN specifically mentioned the collies when she was having a recent rant, so now the shoe is on the other foot :thumbsup: She also said there are no responsible breeders, even ethical registered breeders are bad because they are part of the "industry". I'd be happy if they were just more accountable due to fear of being picked up on small things. I don't expect a big win and they will be shut down, but I can see change is possible.

As I see it, people donate to a specific dog and that money is supposed to go to the rescue that takes that specific dog?

That depends though - ethically you'd hope this is the case but legally is it so? I have no idea. I won't donate to anyone I don't know.

I remember an article on Invisible Children, and it said something about how only a very small % of the overall donations they received for the Kony 2012 campaign legally had to be used as a part of that campaign. It makes me think there are some strange laws surrounding fund raising for specific purposes?

Funds can be used however the group likes - it can be hoarded till their heart's content. So long as it's used for the dogs and not personal gain (unless they pay wages) then it's all good.

The trouble they will have is that they are fundraising for specific (and sometimes invisible) dogs. When fundraising for something specific, people are giving money for that specific thing. If the money is not being used for that dog, and being used for other things, then this could be counted as misleading and deceptive.

To fundraise for a rescue facility, they should only be allocating funds that have either come in as generic donations or donations specifically for that cause.

You said this perfectly.

They had one post which read "17 minutes and still three dogs still to be killed at the pound. These dogs have no hope right now.....etc" See attachment.

People proceeded to then donate long after that 17 minutes was up - PR said they needed at least $1000 to help the 3 dogs. Were their bank accounts so empty that they couldn't help them? Or do they just use the dogs with a sob story about how they will die today unless they donate as hype to generate donations?

If they are using false statements to bring in the donations then surely that can't be legal even if they are using the money on other dogs.

post-17129-0-41302600-1358646176_thumb.png

Animals Australia may not yet be aware - why not send them an email Minimax? :)

Because I don't agree with what they did the first time, and I don't condone it in any situation. I was making a point.

Whew - I agree.

But what about raising money for animals that have already been saved/rehomed, or raising money for a dog that goes to another rescue but the group never gets the money (as previous posters have said). Surely that needs to be investigated!

So, they are basically being investigated for a similar thing the collie breeders in Vic were being investigated for.

Are they? Who is investigating?

RSPCA

Been and gone... on Friday...

T.

Yeh, I know. But it's been the weekend since then, do we don't know if anything will actually come of it. I'm thinking they charmed their way out of it though "but we saved the doggie woggies from dieeeeeeing"

But isn't the main issue fraud and/or scamming people?

Someone had photos of the dogs living conditions in the PR run kennels which showed them to be less than stellar. Animal welfare surely comes into the equation regardless of the "main issue"?

Edited by minimax

So my very mild question about 'Venna's' reason for being rescue or rehome only was deleted. It's possible she was adopted straight from the pound anyway, after all that.

Anyway, they've moved on, there are so many more doggly wogglys to be saved :AND THIS IS WHY WE NEED ROLLY EYE MAN: