My First Ever Visit To Centennial Park...

tdierikx

I have an old workmate who lives in Paddington, and she invited me to lunch last week - which was yummo!

Then she invited me to come over again today and we could walk Harper at Centennial Park, which is a short walk from her place.

We got as far as the big lake with all the ducks and swans, and the camera decided that we'd stay there for a while... and I didn't even take any pics of Harper!!!

Anyways, here are a few of my faves from today...

06-01-2013-centennial-park049_zps4c212a7a.jpg

06-01-2013-centennial-park103_zps8412a565.jpg

06-01-2013-centennial-park339_zps100af156.jpg

06-01-2013-centennial-park354_zps895b2bd6.jpg

06-01-2013-centennial-park463_zps94bf666c.jpg

06-01-2013-centennial-park474_zpsad35baf1.jpg

06-01-2013-centennial-park576_zps44962796.jpg

I actually took 579 photos, and culled them to 215 of decent quality... but the above 7 are the standouts for me... *grin*

T.

It was really funny - they didn't make much noise at all - just the mad dashes for anything people were throwing to them (mostly bread).

Catching the action was not altogether easy - they were all over the place, and changing tack quickly... not to mention when one would start to do something interesting (like the duck in the 3rd last pic), by the time I'd swung around to shoot it, the bugger thing would stop... grrr! I stalked that guy for 15 mins before he gave me that one!

I was way chuufed with the pelican fight one, and the open mouthed pelican one though... I got them in focus!!

Harper was an angel while I was snapping away, she just lay down and went to sleep - not bothered by all the goings on at all - she's my bestest girl!

T.

That last one pesh, was a chance shot as I was walking back home to my friend's place... I actually have 3 of him in sequence as he decided to leave the branch he was on...

You lucky sod Clyde... glad I could give you some memories...

T.