Goodbye Inka

Inka3095

Thank you so much everyone; I miss her face so much. She had this special spot on the top of her head that fitted my hand perfectly so I could just rest my hand there for ages and she didn't seem to mind. My Mum is so lonely and doesn't know what to do. She doesn't want to replace Inka and always swore she'd never get another dog after she passed away but without her she's finding it just so hard :(

Lovely Inka, RIP. The oldies touch our hearts so deeply. They're wise, funny, and still puppies inside.

I just read your post about your Mum. Honestly, I don't know how I'd have coped if I didn't still have Mini with me. She has been my rock and despite some funny little 'I'm by myself now!' behaviours, she has stepped up and really has taken charge.

Edited by Sheridan

I'm toying with the idea of looking for another, quiet, older kelpie who would be happy to be Mum's shadow and just hang about the house on the (ridiculously comfortable) beds Mum has dotted around the place. Mum has no interest in anything other than kelpies which makes it hard to imagine finding the perfect dog as they're not known for their layabout tendencies... I'll just keep an eye out in case something perfect comes along. And if it doesn't, then it wasn't meant to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...