Funny Things Your Dogs Do

collie angel

Lili is like that too BC Crazy. She will roll onto her back and wriggle round like a maniac grunting and growling, hilarious.

:laugh: :laugh: How funny is it Aussie3. Stella does the grunting roll on her back thing for a few minutes then like a crazy girl will

jump up & bolt off around the lounge room at 100 miles an hour. She is such a nutter :laugh: Who needs a tv when we have such funny dogs.

Edited by BC Crazy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing the little pom does is that, most Saturday nights we have "nibbles and DVD nights" (cheese/dip/pate etc) and the dogs get either chewies or peanut-butter kongs. Sometimes Smudge doesn't want to finish hers (but won't let anyone else have it, of course), so she "buries" it in the throw over the lounge. She gets corners of the throw in her teeth and carefully folds them over the treat, when the treat is hidden to her satisfaction she then completes the burial with her nose, as though scraping invisible dirt over the mound.

There are heaps of funny things this little dog does - for a tiny dog, she packs a massive punch of personality :heart:

This is so funny hearing about everyone dogs and yes who needs tv, Lilly is outside having a sook cause I won't let her in so she is sitting in one of the outdoor chairs I swear she thinks she is human even last night my dads little dogs were sitting next to me on the lounge and Lilly and bella wanted to sit on my lap they missed the memo that they aren't lap dogs lol

LOL Aussie3.... Maybe we need to get him a mirror so he can see he is little big for a lap boy, giggle...

Stella has personality to burn as well Ash1. She is such a character & almost cat like at times. She does this funny thing right before she throws her fav toy pelican "Pete" into the leather bean bag in our longe room. She runs side on just like a cat would, tail in the air before she launches herself flat out into the bean bag. So funny to watch :)

Edited by BC Crazy

We also have a dog who does "ballet" - i.e., stretching out her little back legs in ballet poses. She is the smallest pomeranian we have ever seen, must have been the runt of the litter, she is now 11.5 years old and just never grew! We say "is you doing your ballet, Smudge?" and she will run through her "routine".

Our senior GSD has become more and more food focussed as he's gotten older. He's fine while we're eating dinner, but the minute we put our plates aside he starts quietly wingeing and grumbling to himself (because he knows he gets fed next). At these times we call him "squeaky boy". We say "oh, poor squeaky boy, you a hungry boy then?" and the quiet wingeing will escalate into backchat, he starts really vocalising, talking to tell us off, to make sure we know JUST HOW CRUEL WE ARE making him wait for his dinner.

The same dog will "trade" toys for treats, especially icecream. Ocassionally hubby and I have an icecream after dinner, Tango will rush out to find his nearest toy, rush back and dump it in my lap. This is "you have my [rotten, stinky slobbery old] toy, I have your icecream." He does often get the last little bit, but the funniest thing is that he doesn't quite understand how swapsies work, because as soon as he's polished off my icecream, he wants his toy back!

Our Chihuahua is a real little tart in the mornings. She sleeps with us in bed (as do all the four seniors). In the morning when we wake up, we say "time to get up", and she "tarts", grunting and pushing her head under the pillow, bum up waggling her tail - looks like "oh no, just one more snooze, please".

They all sound gorgeous ash :) I think we need to see photos of Smudge (love the name) she sounds adorable.

We also have a dog who does "ballet" - i.e., stretching out her little back legs in ballet poses. She is the smallest pomeranian we have ever seen, must have been the runt of the litter, she is now 11.5 years old and just never grew! We say "is you doing your ballet, Smudge?" and she will run through her "routine".

Our senior GSD has become more and more food focussed as he's gotten older. He's fine while we're eating dinner, but the minute we put our plates aside he starts quietly wingeing and grumbling to himself (because he knows he gets fed next). At these times we call him "squeaky boy". We say "oh, poor squeaky boy, you a hungry boy then?" and the quiet wingeing will escalate into backchat, he starts really vocalising, talking to tell us off, to make sure we know JUST HOW CRUEL WE ARE making him wait for his dinner.

The same dog will "trade" toys for treats, especially icecream. Ocassionally hubby and I have an icecream after dinner, Tango will rush out to find his nearest toy, rush back and dump it in my lap. This is "you have my [rotten, stinky slobbery old] toy, I have your icecream." He does often get the last little bit, but the funniest thing is that he doesn't quite understand how swapsies work, because as soon as he's polished off my icecream, he wants his toy back!

Our Chihuahua is a real little tart in the mornings. She sleeps with us in bed (as do all the four seniors). In the morning when we wake up, we say "time to get up", and she "tarts", grunting and pushing her head under the pillow, bum up waggling her tail - looks like "oh no, just one more snooze, please".

They all sound gorgeous ash :) I think we need to see photos of Smudge (love the name) she sounds adorable.

She looks a bit funny as we clip her for the summer months. She only looks like a proper pom over winter!

post-21162-0-72269700-1357785658_thumb.jpg

And after she wakes in her crate in the morning she takes forever to come out as she does ballet like stretches with her two back legs.

My guy actually comes out of his crate to do his ballet stretches :laugh:

When I take his bowl out in the morning for breakfast, he has to run two laps of the house before he comes out to start eating. I think he's trying fuel all his excitement!

She looks a bit funny as we clip her for the summer months. She only looks like a proper pom over winter!

Awwww Smudge :love: the tiniest ballerina.

Malcolm insists on always sitting/laying on something rather than being directly on the floor, and so will create his own bedding solutions if his bed or mat is not in the room for whatever reason. More than once I have turned around after putting away the groceries to find that he has fashioned himself a little cave by crawling into an empty green bag. My personal favourite though is when there's nothing much around and I find him sitting very awkwardly on something ridiculous like a takeaway menu. Desperate times call for desperate measures!

My guys all have thier own personality, starting with the oldest -

Magnum - 11.5yrs old, love to lie on his back and play with a ball, like child would with an overhead toy, he also loves to lay on his back in the water, with us holding him up. He puts his head and eyes underneath the surface with just his nose out and just lays there with us supporting his weight.

Addy - 10 yr old, loves to bounce. She will run beside us when we are walking around, just bouncing up and down in place until we go and do something. She is also a hoarder, although she doesnt detroy whatever it is she takes, just take it and loves it, then hides it in her kennel for a while.

Piper - 9 yrs old, is a total clown. She does the ballet thing, 'aroo's' at me in the morning when she yawns and will pat you on the hand for pats if she feels she needs them. She also gets a toy, throws it away from her, then cauaully walks over past whatever it was and acts like it touches her. OMG, she jumps around and pounces on it for a while, back and forth, then she will take it and run around throwing it in the air. Then suddenly she will stop, look at us, and casually walk away as if nothing happened.

Moli - 3years old, is a smoocher. Doenst matter where you touch him, he lets out a groan like its the best pat he has ever had and OMG IT'S SOOO GOOD! He also has a habit of falling backwards when he is on our lap, so he literally falls into our hands. He also lies there when hubby is callign him (not in a proper way, jsut teasing). OH Sits there going 'Milo!......Miiiilo...... Miiiiiiiiiiiilo....' and the dog pretends he is asleep.

Tonka - 22 weeks, is stil developing his little quirks. The latest one is very useful. I have to clean a wound on his neck 2x a day. As soon as walk out with the bowl of saline and treats, he walks over to the outside banana lounge and leans up against the wall so I can sit on the lounge to do his neck, I hold the treats above his head to get him to stretch his neck out.

Malcolm insists on always sitting/laying on something rather than being directly on the floor, and so will create his own bedding solutions if his bed or mat is not in the room for whatever reason. More than once I have turned around after putting away the groceries to find that he has fashioned himself a little cave by crawling into an empty green bag. My personal favourite though is when there's nothing much around and I find him sitting very awkwardly on something ridiculous like a takeaway menu. Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Our little Chi x used to do this! He would always have to be sitting on something, anything. We would often walk into a room and find him sitting right on a sock he'd found in the middle of the floor :laugh:

When Clancy (Whippet) was a puppy in orer to ensure he had my full attention he would come through my legs from the back and then just stand there peering up at my face.....'well come on pats please', that used to crack me up, started doing it when I came home for lunch and got such a good reaction he does it still (over 7.5 yrs now.

When Clancy was joined by Connor (Whippet) Connor watched this move for a bit and decided it was worth doing but he did not get his choreography quite right and he goes front to back, usually as Clancy is coming through the other way! So then I have one rear end to scratch and one head! Now that really cracks me up!

annie

• 2 weeks later...

Tempeh has a new and funny habit ever since we saw the pet psychic and she got given the pack job of 'adventurer'. She has started inspecting the mail. Whatever arrives in the letter box must be brought into the house, displayed in front of her and she sniffs and nudges things around with her snout and nibbles on some (usually window envelopes and cardboard packages) and eventually she decides we can have it to open. I'm going to video tape it because it is quite hilarious and can go on for up to 5 mins. She takes it all very seriously and does each item thoroughly one by one. I don't exactly know what she is smelling or why she has developed an interest in our mail habits. I have asked her but it must be a secret job because she wont divulge anything.....