Naughty Dogs Free To Any Home - Doesn't Need To Be A Good One!

Little Gifts

Ah my heart girl Stussy and our new girl Tempeh were both very special today! It was like a gazillion degrees and to avoid over excitement for an important outing with them I secretly got everything ready several hours before our departure while they were outside.

It comes time to leave the house and surprisingly we were early so I went out and opened the car up and put our gear in the boot. When it came to put harness and leashes on though we hit the epic fail button. Both Stussy and Temp escaped the front door sans apparel and as I had left the gate on the front verandah open they both took off down the street. Tempeh was rounded up fairly quickly when a stray GR splatted her onto the pavement and she panicked and ran home by herself. So we got her harness and leash on and bundled ourselves and the third dog in the car and headed off in 36 degrees of heat to look for Stussy.

She has a regular route when she does a runner (we have a very quiet U shaped street) so we went off calling out the windows but couldn't find her at her regular hang outs. Because I was too busy calling and looking I managed to hit a gutter and rip open a tyre so we galumphed the car back for home but didn't quite make it. My sister takes off one foot while I call RACQ (those tyres were screwed on by Ironman). Luckily he didn't take too long as the two dogs in the car thought it hilarious to keep jumping out of the windows making me catch them while we waited.

My poor sister was walking in the hot sun looking for Stussy at a bmx event in the park behind us and the little toad just wanders up to the car out of the blue in the direction we'd been driving in. So I harnessed her, gave her water, clipped all three dogs to the open car and headed off yelling for my poor sister (in her rush she forgot to take her phone). Finally she hear me yelling like a crazy woman and came back. By that time Tempeh had chewed through her very expensive and brand new leash! I had to put one of those double leash things on her and Stuss.

The RACQ man came, changed over the tyre and we headed off. Strangely we were driving an hour to see a pet psychic sort of person. We managed to get there on time but as it was at a big park we couldn't find her and had to ask random people if they'd seen her. Eventually one of the random people we asked was her! She thought our appointment had been changed to the morning so was all packed up ready to go home. Given our circs she agreed to stay and do the reading or talking to the animals thing she does.

So while she is channeling our dogs Temp started eating through not only the double leash holding her and Stussy together but also the leash they were sharing! Then they both bolted off simulataneously after something and took me flying off the bench I was sitting on sideways, past the concrete and into a drop and roll on the dead grass. Given I am still sporting a rooted wrist all I could do was fly through the air and tuck my arms in! Apparently it was rather spectacular to watch!

The lady we talked to told us some very useful stuff about the dogs and did reiki on them. They slept all the way home and have been quiet and serene all night. Unfortunately poor Stuss consumed a lot of water and had not peed while we were out and we didn't realise she was holding on as tight as she could. Not tight enough though as we hit the drive way at home and she saw grass it started to trickle - all over the back seat, out the door and onto the grass. Minutes of peeing. Like the rest of us didn't also want to go!

Honestly, they wonder why we don't want to take them out as a trio more often!

Please tell me your dogs sometimes test your love for them like this?????

I'll have Tempeh, please.

ETA: tell us more about the dog psychic, PS. Was she Amanda Warren? Why did you go? Was it interesting? Do you think you learnt anything about your dogs you wouldn't have known in time? Etc, Etc. I'd love some more information.

Edited by Danny's Darling

If it helps any, my absolutely gorgeous (not so) little girl Harper is STILL teething, and every day she can reach more things that I though were out of reach... *sigh*

Her fave "trick" this week is getting my pillow from the bed and taking it out into the back yard and chewing on it...

I had some clean clothes sitting on the kitchen bench, and she surfed that and took them all out into the back yard too... and she brings grass runners and tree branches inside and chews them up, leaving a trail of carnage all over the house...

... and when I catch her doing the naughty things, she just gives me THIS kind of look...

12-0102013-harper-pool077_zps1dbf44a5.jpg

T.

Wuffles the GR was just out of his yard and his daddy found him and put him back while we were waiting for the RACQ man. Becks, things have gone a bit feral since I broke my wrist as my poor sister can't do everything and work full time, so the dogs just all got over excited with the thought of a group outing.

T - my entire house and bed is full of sticks. I can't keep up with picking them up!

DD I'm pretty sure I saw Amanda de Warren at the Gold Coast Pet Expo for a free session last year (without dogs). She didn't tell me anything I couldn't have come up with myself. :shrug:

This lady is called Heather and runs Intuitive Connections - Angels, Ancestors and Animals. She knew a lot about animals in general and was running sessions as a fundraiser for a Brisbane based rescue. She had had a long hot day and had a headache so I wasn't sure what we would get.

First she focussed on Tempeh. Her anxiety started in the womb and was exacerbated by 'the man'. Both true (and I think Ams would support that). We have to stop molly coddling her and put stronger boundaries in place (true - we thought she was younger than she was when we first got her so our work with her was out of age synch. And since a traumatic trial placement and 'the man' scared her we have had kid gloves on). She gets very confused and needs more guidance from us. She needs more adventurous activity (we already know she's good at agility so that fits) and that assisted us to identify a job for her in the pack - the adventurer! She thanked us for opening our home up to her.

Stussy is bored, bored, BORED! Hence the recent running away since she hasn't been getting as many walks and outings. She is very intune with me and knows my arm hurts and wants to help me more and be a mentor to Tempeh but she also needs me to remind her of good behaviour out on walks again (due to boredom having fuzzied her brain). She acknowledged that Stussy is just your basic extremely happy dog who knew that other dogs didn't have it so good and she was grateful for us letting her into our home. She said she could just see all this colour over Stussy's heart. Awwwww. :love:

Wolf showed Heather he bum the whole time in a superiority thing. She thinks she is even superior to us at times (True!). We have to be firmer with her despite her age now. She has no health issues so her lying where we want to walk and not getting up now is her being superior and nothing to do with slowing down in older age. We need to keep making her do what we want. Tempeh has been randomly peeing on my sister's bed. Wolf never even used to let Tempeh into the room and now she is letting Temp pee there as payback for my sister not having as much time for her as she wants. Temp is doing it as a stress thing. We need to put a baby gate up with some pipe cleaners sticking up off it as the pipe cleaners will scare Temp but not Wolf if she wants to jump over the barriers (my sister never shuts her bedroom door and has stuff blocking it). She picked up something in a chakra over Wolf's abdomen and initially thought it was a possible ailment but then picked up a change in diet (true since the last 3 weeks). Wolf told her she knew the new diet made her feel good but she didn't like the consistency as much. Wolf expressed no gratitude in us being her mummies - typical! :whip:

Heather advised we needed to talk to our dogs a little like we would a house mate, sharing basic information, particularly for Temp who has the confusion and anxiety and over excitement happening. So we instigated the biggest change of telling the dogs what we are doing as soon as we got into the car (how long trip was going to take, where we were going, any stop offs we were going to make) and they all slept like logs the whole way home. Last night they were all quiet and serene and put themselves to bed without any prompts from us. This morning Tempeh was giving Stussy a hard time when Stuss was still half asleep. It’s one of our morning issues that drives me crazy. I told Tempeh several times that Stussy wasn’t awake enough to play yet and she stopped and walked quietly beside her! Also there was no big excited carry on at breakfast time. I invited them all to breakfast, they waited and ate!

We have always done the Amichien Bonding thing of not telling the dogs what we are doing because we are the alphas and the alphas don’t need to explain themselves to the rest of the pack. But telling them as a group simple things has certainly made an immediate difference. And it is such a simple change that it is very easy to do and we are already seeing the outcome of it.

Next I am going to try walking only one dog at a time and revisiting any training they need during our walk. I will tell the other dogs what I am doing at that it will be their turn another day. Usually when we leave the house with only one dog the others carry on while we are gone. Heaven forbid if we ever left only one dog at home by themselves - unheard of!!!!

It cost $80 for all three - 50 min session and we were very happy with her insights. It is not something I would seek out but given the opportunity presented itself why not?

Didn't the psychic know why you were running late?? :laugh: I'd be getting a refund!

She stayed well past the time she thought we were supposed to be there (she thought 4 and we thought 4.45) and it was Tempeh that she noticed, which made her come over in our direction when her car was the opposite way. We wouldn't have spoken to her otherwise so :shrug:

Sounds truly fascinating, PS. Don't listen to Noisy, except for the T-Touch idea. :laugh: :laugh:

I had a phone session with Amanda de Warren when I had Sari, I was so desperate to try to help that poor little dog realise she no longer had to fight or bit. Sari shut her out.

I'd love to have a visit with Heather as she sounds exceptionally intuitive. From what you say about Wolf, I can imagine her turning her back; she wasn't going to have anyone look into her soul and reveal her secrets to mummy - LOL.

Edited by Danny's Darling

All is forgiven now!

I went out this afternoon and before I had my shower I told them all what I was doing, why and how long I would be and there was not a peep out of the worry wart. I came home and they were all just lying around in the air cond on my bed. Same when my sister came home. She's currently lying on the floor with a sore hip and no-one is even trying to sit on her! Everyone is still all cruisy despite it now being 10 minutes past what Tempeh considers to be her official dinner time.

So Ams, even though she loves you lots and lots you can't have the expensive leash chewer back - but perhaps you can explain to me why they don't eat the cheap ones???? She also quite likes expensive bras! (must be dirty of course)

Oh and any tips for a sore foot pad? I think Stuss may have burnt hers a little during her run in the heat yesterday. Very red in one spot but no broken skin or blood. Just watch it? The only exercise she's chosen to do today was roll over on the bed to cool her other side so I'm hoping that will help!

Cyn I will PM you Heather's details as she may do phone readings. She tended to shut her eyes and said she got images from the dogs so it wasn't like she had to be touching them to be getting info from them.

Cyn I will PM you Heather's details as she may do phone readings. She tended to shut her eyes and said she got images from the dogs so it wasn't like she had to be touching them to be getting info from them.

Thanks. I have to say that my dogs are all pretty laid back when I leave them and I regularly leave one or more when I go walking. I tend to take out three, come home, drop off Danny and if Jeune is at the gate, I collect her and go off with them again.

That said, I am fascinated by her suggestion that you tell them what is going on, where you are going, what you are doing, etc etc.

One thing I thought of, is that by doing this, you are more relaxed and they can pick up on this. Whether we register it or not, if we have dogs we know can be stressed when we are not around, when we are preparing to leave the house, we can be sending out stress signals to the dogs.

It will be interesting to see whether the new regime keeps them calm and settled.