Border Collie Puppies Found - Hervey Bay Qld

bordacollies4me

Hello Everyone...

I have just received some information about 2 Border Collie Puppies found in Hervey Bay/Maryborough Region in QLD...

2 Females, 1 Chocolate/White & 1 Black/White - Not Microchipped... Details have been lodged with FraserCoast Pound.

Or if you know more info about these puppies PM me and i will forward on some contact details or check out LightHouse Pet Serviceson Facebook

The Story of these puppies

Received a call this morning that friends living on acreage out on Beaver Rock Road heard a puppy crying during the night. When they investigated, they found one puppy in the neighbours driveway and later another in a culvert near the road. Was told they were border collie pups, however I was surprised to see how young they were. Both females, the red one more confident than the other. The shy one was the one in the culvert. The friends had heard a vehicle stop in the area last night, so that was no doubt when they were dumped. Anyone knowing anything about these two puppies, please contact Lighthouse Pet Services. The pups had full bellies and are in good condition.

post-15253-0-18079900-1358759982_thumb.jpg

It still shocks me that people don't just drop off dogs they don't want at the pound or a local shelter! Why dump them and assume they have the skills to hunt and kill their own food or be taken in by a kind stranger!

I really don't understand humans sometimes....

Also could have been stolen and then dumped to avoid prosecution :cry: Late 2012 a car with 2 different breed dogs inside was stolen from outside local house in a few minute gap between owner driving in and walking to open front door, the offender stopped a few streets away and threw dogs out onto footpath, luckily a concerned local took them in and followed up so these dogs were returned to owner.

I'm living in Maryborough and travel to Brisbane fairly regularly so if they (or any other dogs)ever need transporting just let me know.

I always have my 2 with me but I could bring a crate and fit them in somewhere.

From what I can gather Maryborough Animal Refuge seem pretty good.

A chocolate male with blue eyes was found at beaver rock on Saturday. Apparently the "owners" were found. The owners had the mother of the litter plus 3 other pups. The choc boy supposedly went walkabout 2 days prior and they hasn't looked for him as they thought that he'd be either hit by a car or bitten by a snake *i say bullshit*

I can find out the details if you like.

It was my workmates father that found and returned the littermate.

A chocolate male with blue eyes was found at beaver rock on Saturday. Apparently the "owners" were found. The owners had the mother of the litter plus 3 other pups. The choc boy supposedly went walkabout 2 days prior and they hasn't looked for him as they thought that he'd be either hit by a car or bitten by a snake *i say bullshit*

I can find out the details if you like.

It was my workmates father that found and returned the littermate.

Yes would be very interested in the details Thankyou

Also could have been stolen and then dumped to avoid prosecution :cry: Late 2012 a car with 2 different breed dogs inside was stolen from outside local house in a few minute gap between owner driving in and walking to open front door, the offender stopped a few streets away and threw dogs out onto footpath, luckily a concerned local took them in and followed up so these dogs were returned to owner.

That was my first thought too given that they look healthy and well cared for. They could also have a escaped from somewhere and the car might have been a co-incidence. Some Border puppies can escape from apparently well fenced yards if they climb.