Bowls - Non-slip, Dishwasher Proof, Big Enough For Labs

Katdogs

We're looking for new bowls. We've had the basic brownish on the outside, blue on the inside earthenware type bowls for years because they're heavy enough not to tip over and they're available nearby. Jodie's died yesterday when the puppy chased a ball over it, and I'm finding them a bit big and heavy to carry three at a time.

I'd like to find something a bit more attractive though - and if they're light but still non-slip, even better. And they must be dishwasher proof.

Has anyone used http://pets1.com.au/ModaPet-Cinnamutt-Pet-Bowl-Large-947ml.html ModaPet?

post-15359-0-31751700-1359685969_thumb.jpg

Or have any other suggestions?

We have these http://www.petstock.com.au/c/dog-bowls-feeders Dogit 2 in 1 Durable Dog bowls.

I LOVE them because the heavy bit can stay on the ground while you pull out the light metal insert and fill that up. Much easier carrying three around that way!! :thumbsup:

Ah, we have a petstock fairly close by now - will check them out! Can the heavy bit go in the dishwasher when needed?

We have these http://www.petstock.com.au/c/dog-bowls-feeders Dogit 2 in 1 Durable Dog bowls.

I LOVE them because the heavy bit can stay on the ground while you pull out the light metal insert and fill that up. Much easier carrying three around that way!! :thumbsup:

Ah, we have a petstock fairly close by now - will check them out! Can the heavy bit go in the dishwasher when needed?

I'd definately say so, the heavy bit seems to be made of a heavy plasticky type material with non slip rubber on the bottom. The inserts are the bit that get dirty, so they'd go in no worries.

I love the bakeware idea :laugh:

I have a good collection of old crockpot and big casserole dishes around for water bowls from our local Salvos!

Hmm, the silicone bakeware might be worth a try - except Perse how do you think it would survive a 4 month old puppy :laugh:

I have a good collection of old crockpot and big casserole dishes around for water bowls from our local Salvos!

Hmm, the silicone bakeware might be worth a try - except Perse how do you think it would survive a 4 month old puppy :laugh:

I think it would come out the other end in little tiny pieces :rofl:

I think it would come out the other end in little tiny pieces :rofl:

LOL

I certainly would not leave a food bowl down after it was empty! Oops!

He goes around and around his bowl for ages in case there's something left in a hidden corner. It drives the girls crazy because they know they can't do swapsies until everyone's finished completely, so they check each others and then hang back just staring at him wishing he would hurry up!

Has anyone used http://pets1.com.au/ModaPet-Cinnamutt-Pet-Bowl-Large-947ml.html ModaPet?

post-15359-0-31751700-1359685969_thumb.jpg

Or have any other suggestions?

I've got these bowls. Be aware that some dogs will develop pimples when eating out of plastic bowls. Metal or ceramic are recommended. One of mine recently got pimples and changing to a metal bowl fixed the problem quickly.

The moda bowls are quite heavy and even though they're non-slip they do move around a bit. They're very very durable though. I've dropped them so many times on tiles, brick, wood floors etc and they're totally fine.

Do they go in the dishwasher?

Not if you want them to be the same ever again! Mum decided to put three of mine into the dishwasher one evening and the blue rubber softened and has stayed soft. They can still be used but leave rubber skid marks on the bench and floor. Oops.

We just use the metal ones that you can get from woolies or a pet store. They have a rubber edge that never seems to stay on, so we bought some rubber matting, cut it up and put it under the bowls at feed time. Works perfectly.

Guest Maeby Fünke

We just use the metal ones that you can get from woolies or a pet store. They have a rubber edge that never seems to stay on, so we bought some rubber matting, cut it up and put it under the bowls at feed time. Works perfectly.

So did I because I like to wash my dogs' bowls in the dishwasher, but after a while it dries out/cracks the rubber edging. You can get pieces of rubber from Bunnings.