A Shocking Example Of "training"

WTF?? If they were training the dogs to be 'bomb proof', then I could kind of understand but to me it looked like a regular training school.

Some instructors need to be slapped - I've witnessed many a cruel thing that has been done and have been guilty for not standing up. :(

Edited by poochmad

WTF?? If they were training the dogs to be 'bomb proof', then I could kind of understand but to me it looked like a regular training school.

Some instructors need to be slapped - I've witnessed many a cruel thing that has been done and have been guilty for not standing up. :(

I'm sure this is their goal but they are going about it all wrong. they are sensitizing the dogs, making them more fearful. And the dog who got loose at the end and bolted. I hate to think what happened to him when the owner caught up :(

I'm sure this is their goal but they are going about it all wrong. they are sensitizing the dogs, making them more fearful. And the dog who got loose at the end and bolted. I hate to think what happened to him when the owner caught up :(

Part of me was hoping the owner wouldn't catch up with him ever :/

After watching my fearful dog completely wig out and shut down at the vet yesterday, the thought that anyone would cause that reaction on purpose and for no real benefit is beyond words.

Part of me was hoping the owner wouldn't catch up with him ever :/

After watching my fearful dog completely wig out and shut down at the vet yesterday, the thought that anyone would cause that reaction on purpose and for no real benefit is beyond words.

Yeah I was hoping the dog ran off far away and found a new home. :( poor things were so terrified.

That "instructor" needs some serious head-reading and a change of vocation. Poor dogs - talk about a good way to not only sensitise them to noises (and whatever else in the environment they'll pair the event with) but also to destroy all faith and trust in their owners.

Do we know where it was?

This comment was under another copy of the same video on youtube:

This "trainer" is in my city. We presented this video to an animal control officer. Sadly, nothing can be done about it because it's just considered a training exercise gone poorly (which is understatement of the year). Kentucky is the worst state in the country for animal cruelty laws. It's depressing. I'm pretty psychological cruelty doesn't even count.

Here is the link to the video where that comment is -

I had a "trainer" jangle a large bunch of keys over the head of my 5 month old Rotti pup who was on a drop stay - when she didn't react, he dropped the bunch of keys on her head... she still didn't react... but I did!

I don't think that trainer will use that "method" ever again... *grin*

T.

What a bunch of tossers the whole lot of them, if the people teaching their dogs haven't even got enough brain power to know that what they were doing to their dog was seriously wrong the world has gone mad, and as for the trainer! I hate watching things like that makes me even more aware of how many idiots we have walking the streets!!

For those who don't want to watch it.

The dogs were in a fairly close grouped drop/stay. Fire-works/crackers where suddenly ignited in the midst of them. The dogs broke and the handlers choked/pulled/corrected via strong leash corrections. The dogs were panicked. The dogs didn't return to the drop (they'd been startled into hind-brain mode, so no room to think) and so the respective handlers uncomfortably and roughly wrestled/forced their dogs to the drop. Most dogs were hunched and really didn't know what was going on.

Stupid stupid. Doesn't do the word "training" any justice. I only saw damage being done, no good.

Edited by Erny