Does Anyone Have Room For A 15yo Goldie Girl?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very glad she isn't anywhere near me as I love the oldies and she looks a gem. In all fairness the owners at her age overseas travel would be extremely hard on her if she even passes the health checks necessary to fly. She looks very well cared for and I am sure this is extremely difficult for her owners

I'm giving the owners the benefit of the doubt and thinking there must be a truly awful family tragedy or similar to make them leave poor Annie. At her age. Though if I had an ancient lovely and really had to leave her behind, I think I'd give her a big block of chocolate and a BBQ chicken before a visit to or from the favourite vet.

But at least with GRR she will be cared for while a future, however long or short, is assessed with love.

So much depends on the circumstances.

There's an 18 year old p/b tibbie girl in Sydney, loved pet of retired lady for many years. Vet hospital has looked after her whenever the lady's had to be hospitalised. Staff love this little dog & she loves them. Finally the lady's gone into a nursing home. Vet staff happy to care for the tibbie indefinitely. A staff member takes her to visit the lady in the nursing home which is nearby.

The little dog doesn't show her 18 yrs & is quite healthy. She's the star 'practice dog'.

Annie deserves to be loved in her golden years, too. Fingers crossed for her.

So much depends on the circumstances.

There's an 18 year old p/b tibbie girl in Sydney, loved pet of retired lady for many years. Vet hospital has looked after her whenever the lady's had to be hospitalised. Staff love this little dog & she loves them. Finally the lady's gone into a nursing home. Vet staff happy to care for the tibbie indefinitely. A staff member takes her to visit the lady in the nursing home which is nearby.

The little dog doesn't show her 18 yrs & is quite healthy. She's the star 'practice dog'.

Annie deserves to be loved in her golden years, too. Fingers crossed for her.

What a nice outcome for princess Tibbie and her owner!

I'm giving the owners the benefit of the doubt and thinking there must be a truly awful family tragedy or similar to make them leave poor Annie. At her age. Though if I had an ancient lovely and really had to leave her behind, I think I'd give her a big block of chocolate and a BBQ chicken before a visit to or from the favourite vet.

I agree

I used to petsit a 14 year old Mal! His owners got transferred to Darwin. They rung me in tears asking what did i think they should do, of course i couldnt answer. They got back to me saying they were going to have him PTS. He was old and there was no way he would cope with the trip and the heat.

He passed away the morning they were going to have him PTS. They were relieved they didnt have to go through with it, but i told them that had they done it, i 100% believed that they were doing the right thing.

cant wait till im rich, my dream is to take in the oldies like this to live out their last few months/years.

There's an 18 year old p/b tibbie girl in Sydney, loved pet of retired lady for many years. Finally the lady's gone into a nursing home. Vet staff happy to care for the tibbie indefinitely. A staff member takes her to visit the lady in the nursing home which is nearby.

But I agree with you, that not all circumstances come together so well for the golden oldies. And sometimes there's not anything left but a hard decision.

This Tibbie girl is called Charlie (after the perfume). Only yesterday I got a letter from her elderly owner .... so hard to read the writing because her motor skills have deteriorated. But it's all about how much she loves Charlie & how happy she is to see her happy. By coincidence, the lady owned Golden Retrievers as pets before she had Tibbies. And she would've been the kind of person who'd have shown interest in adopting Annie.

A pic of Charlie:

post-3304-0-21644600-1360803982_thumb.jpg

Edited by mita

There's an 18 year old p/b tibbie girl in Sydney, loved pet of retired lady for many years. Finally the lady's gone into a nursing home. Vet staff happy to care for the tibbie indefinitely. A staff member takes her to visit the lady in the nursing home which is nearby.

But I agree with you, that not all circumstances come together so well for the golden oldies. And sometimes there's not anything left but a hard decision.

This Tibbie girl is called Charlie (after the perfume). Only yesterday I got a letter from her elderly owner .... so hard to read the writing because her motor skills have deteriorated. But it's all about how much she loves Charlie & how happy she is to see her happy. By coincidence, the lady owned Golden Retrievers as pets before she had Tibbies. And she would've been the kind of person who'd have shown interest in adopting Annie.

A pic of Charlie:

post-3304-0-21644600-1360803982_thumb.jpg

Mita that is a beautiful story. How wonderful for that owner to still be able to see her little dog!