1. 1. What would you prefer as a prize - ALL BREEDS

• Cash & Sash
    • Prize & Sash
    • Trophy & Sash
  2. 2. What would you prefer as a prize - SPECIALLTY SHOW

• Cash & Sash
    • Prize & Sash
    • Trophy & Sash

I think that the answer to this question probably has some reflection on how long you've been showing :D . I like a prize so that when I use it I can remember when and why I won it. That is because I haven't won a whole stack yet and those I have won are really precious. Cash just wouldn't cut it for me yet but I expect that as I win more I will be quite happy with cash :laugh:

I do love getting cash at all breeds, rather than a token prize. But a trophy at a specialty is really nice. Again it needs to not be token.

Our club have perpetuals which are nice, but we have a history of just giving out whatever is in the price range for trophies/prizes which is crap. I've had enough plastic photo frames and cheap cutlery and mug sets to last me a lifetime thanks - more than one is more than enough!! I'd rather cash if that is the case - I'll go and buy a bottle of bubbles.

I do love getting cash at all breeds, rather than a token prize. But a trophy at a specialty is really nice. Again it needs to not be token.

Our club have perpetuals which are nice, but we have a history of just giving out whatever is in the price range for trophies/prizes which is crap. I've had enough plastic photo frames and cheap cutlery and mug sets to last me a lifetime thanks - more than one is more than enough!! I'd rather cash if that is the case - I'll go and buy a bottle of bubbles.

The Vic Saluki Club do a really good job of their in show prizes. They are usually some kind of themed artwork including things like painted tiles from the middle east, prints of art painted by the judge, etc. NSW Saluki Club have also done some nice breed specific stuff - etched glassware, trophies with original art etc. I think it requires a dedicated trophy officer with good taste and a club prepared to spend a little over the limits OR a club where someone is prepared to shake down people for donations. I know Vic asks people to donate for rosettes and sashes for example. Not every club has the people with the skill and time to do that tho'.

Cash and sash at all breeds but at specialties I prefer prizes and sash as most clubs go the extra mile to get donated prizes or home crafted ones and they can be quite amazing. At one show I won a hand crafted pottery thing with 3 stunning sheltie heads on it, have also seen a clock with dogs of your choice on it as BIS. You generally can't buy those type of things and the amount of cash you would get would be a pittance.

Cash in both cases.

When I started showing back in 1969, I used to love to get a sash and trophy, but not a prize,as it is usually something that gets stored in a cupboard and never used or just thrown out when it is time to have a clear out of cupboards, not everyone's taste would match, unless of course they are dog related, I was a trophy officer for a large club here for a few years and found that the dog trophies were the best received, for BIS would be a trampoline bed, usually bedding which was always gratefully received.

I have two large whicker chests full of trophies and sashes, I am past displaying them, hence my voting on cash, then I go out and buy something for the dogs. :)