Dog Baths

Whipitgood

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my booster bath - because I can stand with my feet right under it, it is far better for my back than the hydrobath was.

For Xmas a couple of years ago my husband had hot and cold water put in at the side of the house with a high pressure hose and adjustable hand shower.

If building, I would be very tempted to have a special dog room with elevated bath and easy clean and draining floor:-)

Our washing machine only uses cold water so I connect my hose to our hot tap. As we have instantaneous gas water. I can set the water temp at 37 degrees and wash the dogs with only the hot tap running. I will look into the booster bath as it looks really handy.

For those who have them, Zeus is quite long limbed but only weighs around the 15 kilo mark so I'm looking at the mini size. Would the mini be suitable for taller dogs?

Ha yes good idea Liz! The laundry is huge at 4x4m because it will be my feed/whelping/dog crate room too! Although we already have the sink but I could plumb in one of these booster baths maybe ....

Whipitgood, since you are building a new home why now get the laundry sink put at a height that is suitable for your back comfort.

Haha nice one! Is there a door on that back bit, to stop them trying to escape??

It's strong enough to hold these three which is good as they have a bit of trouble understanding the concept 'one at a time'.

post-37151-0-33394800-1363833241_thumb.jpg

Edited to add that's about 120 kgs in there.

I'm in Parkerville! My daughter goes to Helena College ... we probably know each other already! Lol!

Whipitgood, if you're near Darlington you're welcome to call around and have a look at ours. I wish they did them in a smaller size too which would suit us better.

Haha nice one! Is there a door on that back bit, to stop them trying to escape??

It's strong enough to hold these three which is good as they have a bit of trouble understanding the concept 'one at a time'.

post-37151-0-33394800-1363833241_thumb.jpg

Edited to add that's about 120 kgs in there.

No. There are anchor points at the front but escape has never been an issue with this lot. Keeping them out of the bath is our problem.

Same here Dxenion. Mine came with some sort of harness that you can use to attach them to the bath, under constant supervision of course but both my guys are more than happy to be bathed in there Booster Bath. Both mine are pretty heavily coated so it could take an hour before I am finished a shampoo/condition/b dry. Even then Sonny had to be coaxed out. Thats after I wake him up, giggle :)

Thanks for this thread guys...you're all enablers. :-) I have one on the way now. Will work out how/where I'm going to connect it up when it gets here. I've been using my flexible hose showeer..good, and bathroom has slate floor with a waste hole, but it is hard on the back.

They never seem to have many in stock because they always seem to sell well and go out of stock... They will get them back in, might take a week or so though.

I know when I ummed and ahhed about buying one they went out of stock but I got them to notify me when they came back. In :)

Edited by kiwigirl

When I had my own Hydrobath business I had one of these tables that used to go into the hydrobath to do small dogs (and even medium dogs)

Basicly the one I had was a cut down of a small steel hammock style bed that had shadecloth over it. with adjustable legs. I will try and take a photo of mine tomorrow. I tried to log into the website but they have changed the password, so cannot give a photo of the exact same thing as I have here:

post-430-0-06837300-1363954440_thumb.jpeg

Also these come up regularly on ebay or even in the classified section of DOL. IT is not a cheap option as it is still a hydrobath, but a friend of mine had one and she could wash her border collies in it with ease and did not need to bend over

Conmurra Midi Hydrobath

Thanks for this thread guys...you're all enablers. :-) I have one on the way now. Will work out how/where I'm going to connect it up when it gets here. I've been using my flexible hose showeer..good, and bathroom has slate floor with a waste hole, but it is hard on the back.

You'll love your new bath Tassie & your back will thank you. No more bending for extended lengths of time :) So much easier. Enjoy !

I'm another that loves my booster bath from deals direct. I bought it for my Bullmastiffs and like it better than the hydro bath I used to have because I have better access to the dogs whole body and don't have to bend at all. Well worth the money!

The easiest way to connect your Booster Bath to a water source is to use this attachment which you screw onto your kitchen/laundry mixer tap. It costs around $15 and all you need apart from this is a hose with standard fittings at either end.

I set up my Booster Bath on the back lawn, so it drains onto the grass, and attach the hose to my kitchen tap. Very easy to set up, the dogs get a lovely warm bath and I can adjust the water temperature and pressure easily.

My link

• 2 weeks later...

Just really wanted to thank all the Booster Bath enablers as I ordered mine on Thursday and had it delivered yesterday!!! I'd been questioning buying once since the beginning of the thread but couldn't justify the $189.95 for the mini (which is actually called Medium on the box and holds up to 35 kilos). Luckily I haven't been sleeping well and long story short, I went to the Booster Bath again at 3am Friday morning and they had them on sale for $149.95 plus $9.95 P&H so I bought one.

Have just assembled it and my two dogs are very impressed with it. Zeus loves the fact that he fits in it properly unlike the cheap shop storage crate I've been using where he only just fits in it as long as his tail is dangling over the edge :o

It looks really handy and can't wait to use it!!!

Edited to add: I didn't buy the steps for an additional $90 because Kirah is tiny enough to pick up (under 10 kilos) and Zeus is so light on his feet, he's happy to jump in. He leaps so lightly you'd think he's part cat :laugh:

Edited by RiverStar-Aura