Dog Rolls For Treats

Kavik

I am thinking of using dog rolls as treats for variety, any suggestions as to which one would be best? I am looking for one that would be easy to cut into small cubes that would keep their shape. Would I be able to freeze them?

I have done that :)

I cut them into little cubes and then put them in separate packets and froze them. Just defrost them in the morning if you plan to use them for the day.

I used the 4legs natural rolls and they stayed in cubes, however the egg pumpkin and rice one did not completely.

The orange bit in the middle was softer and just crumbled. I still use d it but it was much messier!

I am sure the other brands work just as well though.

I've found that the ham and chicken roll or the chicken roll you buy for humans is much better than any of the dog rolls. It has a lower moisture content and doesn't go mushy, even if it gets a bit hot in your bait bag

Thanks! I will look for those.

I've found that the ham and chicken roll or the chicken roll you buy for humans is much better than any of the dog rolls. It has a lower moisture content and doesn't go mushy, even if it gets a bit hot in your bait bag

I have recently started using the chicken roll for treats. It is brilliant - soft and quick for the dog to eat but stays nice and firm to handle. Not as fatty as other rolls I have tried for the dog either.

Thanks! I will look for those.

I agree. Its around $2.99 for a 1kg log in the pre-packed meat section.

not quite dog rolls, but I use hot dogs from costco :) I chop them up, and just grab a bag frozen. They looooove them, and don't care if they're frozen or thawed! Admittedly I could probably use rocks as treats, my lot are garbage guts, but a friend of mine had great success using them and her little dog is super picky :)

Don't forget about a bag of them in the car for a week when it's hot though :vomit:

They're probably made entirely of lips and bumholes, but they're tasty anyway!

They're probably made entirely of lips and bumholes, but they're tasty anyway!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I sometimes use the human polony or chicken rolls, but as they are treats and not a meal, and aren't the only training treat they get, the higher salt content doesn't worry me so much.

I use cheese cut into cubes, or hotdogs cut up, as well as 4Legs (the meatballs and the puppy one). Pretty much whatever is on special or available to me (including leftovers like sausages or chicken, etc, all things easily cut up and stay in shape) smile.gif