Meet Oliver... The New Foster

westiemum

Alls going really well for Olly and he's definitely staying thumbsup1.gif

The only thing he's blotting his copy book with is if its wet outside he refuses to go outside and insists on weeing and pooing inside which isn't going down terribly well! What a wuss!!! He doesn't like getting his feet wet. If its dry outside he's completely reliable.

Anyone know how to fix this? Puppy training mat outside the back door? Booties? (But they are likely to be a real nuisance). I've already suggested positive reinforcement..

Any other thoughts? Ideas?

TIA.smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) good news.

His owners may have to also go out in the wet , I think .... I always do with my guys .. never trust anyone completely ... ;)

Thanks Perse - yes I think so too - and I think the positive route is the way to go. smile.gif Just thought the DOL brains trust might have some other ideas... smile.gif

Olly's outdoor Dunny !!

:rofl:

(sorry...the mind pictures made me smile)

rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif Best laugh of the day!

Actually Rosetta - that's not such a silly idea.... I'll certainly suggest it if it comes to that - thanks. smile.gif

I didn't think it was silly at all really. I don't mean a structure!! I mean a bit of plastic stretched across from a patio and tied to an outdoor chair or something - I've done it with my little dog and it did the trick when the rain was pouring down. Better than wee indoors.

Olly's outdoor Dunny !!

:rofl:

(sorry...the mind pictures made me smile)

rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif Best laugh of the day!

Actually Rosetta - that's not such a silly idea.... I'll certainly suggest it if it comes to that - thanks. smile.gif

I didn't think it was silly at all really. I don't mean a structure!! I mean a bit of plastic stretched across from a patio and tied to an outdoor chair or something - I've done it with my little dog and it did the trick when the rain was pouring down. Better than wee indoors.

Sorry Rosetta that came across wrongly - I was laughing at Perse's suggestion of a name and thinking about how appropriate it is given where she lives. embarrass.gif

I was actually thinking of a structure - a small one that can be put by the back door on wet days and moved around the corner on fine days - something simple in wood or something - and when I'm next at Bunnings I'll have a look. I have a vague recollection of seeing a plastic shell there of some sort that might work too. Failing that a piece of plastic could work as well - just thinking for a retired couple simply moving a light one piece structure might be better. Apologies again.smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well Olly is well and truly settled in his new home. Council registered, microchip changed over, new bed and toys and his coat is looking really good. He's quite the star of his new Mum's weekly coffee mornings and goes everywhere with her in the car. He's commandeered the booster seat ( with his new harness).

He arrived today to stay for a week while his new Mum and Dad go away. Must admit I think he's a bit sad but unfortunately this trip was organised before he was on the scene. And his Mum thought he was better off here than a strange place like a boarding kennel. But it's lovely to have my funny busy little man back for a while. smile.gif I'm very lucky that I can still catch up with him. smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

That's wonderful westiemum. Glad you could take him back for a little holiday otherwise he may have thought, Oh no not being passed on again. He'll be so glad to see his new mum when she returns. :)

Poor Olly - must be a bit confusing for him :( Still once the week is up he will be back home and hopefully can settle for the long term. Lucky he has you and the westies to stay with in the meantime WM!

Such a happy ending for the cute little guy :thumbsup:

I had the same situation some years ago, Westiemum. I looked after two little dogs I'd rehomed - same reason: an event organised prior to the adoption.

It was quite funny really because the two ladies were soooooooooo really worried that the little dogs wouldn't want to come to them when they arrived to take them home.

I just laughed at them and told them not to worry.

I was right :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Poor Olly - must be a bit confusing for him :( Still once the week is up he will be back home and hopefully can settle for the long term. Lucky he has you and the westies to stay with in the meantime WM!

Thanks Rosetta, Yes i think he is confused - and a bit depressed? Do dogs get depressed? He's certainly not happy to be here and I think he's missing his new Mumfrown.gif

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks Rosetta, Yes i think he is confused - and a bit depressed? Do dogs get depressed? He's certainly not happy to be here and I think he's missing his new Mumfrown.gif

Anyone got any suggestions?

I think naturally he will be a bit confused and take a few days to settle again. I don't think you can do anything much - its just one of those things. The main thing is he will soon have his new family back and hopefully no more separations for a while after that!

Thanks R. Yes I so feel for the confused little munchkin. He's obviously got very used to being the centre of attention and not having to share his Mum with anyone - and here he has to share me with three westies which I don't think he's at all happy about. As you say, I hope he settles after a day or two. In the meantime lots of TLC I think...

Thanks R. Yes I so feel for the confused little munchkin. He's obviously got very used to being the centre of attention and not having to share his Mum with anyone - and here he has to share me with three westies which I don't think he's at all happy about. As you say, I hope he settles after a day or two. In the meantime lots of TLC I think...

Do you think you'll manage :D :D

DD I'm laughing! I love this little man but four dogs is hard work, particularly working over full time. He's a little better tonight but not much. The only thing that really distracts him is cuddles ... And his ball !